finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta 'soon'...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Angstrom

Re: finally... BITWIG STUDIO! beta soon...

Post by Angstrom » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:36 pm

8O wrote:the dawning realisation that there's soon going to be a completely new FORUM with post counts starting at zero.

The horror.
No ... the delight, the delight.

us people with far too high postcounts see them more as a badge of procrastination shame than anything else. "This guy shirked his dayjob at a rate of 4 posts a day for eight years!"

A nice low postcount, ah like a Garden of Eden it would be, where nobody would remember my rectal herpes issues in 2006. etc.

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:38 pm

Looks like I'm falling in love again with an appealing software. Exciting

Good to have some competition in the ableton area.
Let the battle begins :lol:
can't wait to see more and try it

The strong points:

Generic tracks [audio+midi]
Ability to record automation anywhere [arrangement and clip launcher view]...Alleluya at last

Well in fact I could really name the whole list of bitwig studio Features.

LOVELY

noland

Post by noland » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:39 pm

I just hope and pray there wont be any legal issues. As a customer i dont want to pay for a fucking lawsuit
give a man fire and he will be warm for the night
set a man on fire and he will never freeze again

audiofeen

Post by audiofeen » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:41 pm

noland wrote:I just hope and pray there wont be any legal issues. As a customer i dont want to pay for a fucking lawsuit
Best and probably the most sensible comment yet.. +1
http://www.soundcloud.com/mikewolf
Live setup: Macbook pro 3ghz 16gb ram, Live 8.x.x, max 4 live, Mpc 1000, Komplete 7, Circle, Akai apc40, Motu ultralite, Krk Vxt8's, and soon a Innerclock Systems sync gen.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:41 pm

Angstrom wrote:A nice low postcount, ah like a Garden of Eden it would be, where nobody would remember my rectal herpes issues in 2006. etc.

wtf? 8O
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:54 pm

:lol: the funniest thing is - I know due to the Ableton forum's high Google rank that my stupid ass herpes joke will now haunt me for years.

spinflux

Post by spinflux » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:58 pm

audiofeen wrote:
Jeroen wrote:Placidus Schelbert
CEO/Geschäftsführer, sales, marketing, finance

geschaftsfurher ....?

common guys .... this is a hoax. this site will disappear in days and turn into live9. my bet
Dude You don't have a clue, I wish people would actually read about the Issues before commenting....

THIS IS NOT A HOAX... AND IT IS NOT LIVE 9!!!! Please people do some research before saying such stupid things.
Out of my own curiosity I have been following there progress for quite some time (I think close to 2 years now) as many user's have and personally I would have liked to see a product with a lot less controversy on the release but it is what it is.

Certain parts of the ableton UI and in my opinion some of the Native Instruments UI's to a certain extent are very similar, but how much is actually protected under copyright laws. I hardly think that they had not sort legal advise before doing so.. (If not this would be a big mistake) but it's not the first time that this kind of thing has happened in the music hardware software industry, look at every drum machine, synthesizer and effect unit let alone the software.. all the ideas have been copied over and over..
even take the Korg Nano Pad and Akai LPD/ LPK, they are to similar not to copied from one another to a certain extent.. and that is just one example.

To the people saying they stole abletons code.. GET A GRIP, this would definitely result in a major lawsuit and I'm sure that the Bitwig's are not that stupid for legal aspect of it and it has been long known that abletons code is a monster to control.

Were all just gonna have to wait to see what happens in the coming weeks, I'm nearly certain we will not hear an official response from Ableton regarding BitWig Studio as this would be just adding fuel to fire of the debate and in my opinion an immature action from them.
I feel that regardless of what the opinion is here on the forum good or bad, this is a good thing because ableton will have to step up there game and push more stability updates future price drops.

I love ableton I have used it for many years now and I dont intend to stop but in the intrest of competition may the best product win the battle.
Agreed, no hoax:

Ableton:
Registered Office: Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg,
Registration Number: HRB 72838

Bitwig:
Registered Office: Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg
Registration Number: HRB 120069 B

... the B in Bitwigs reg. number is however a bit suspect 8)

modecai

Post by modecai » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:05 pm

I can't help but imagine that this is just a way for live to test out new features without telling us that they are going to do something new. It's...just...so....similar...

strode420

Post by strode420 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:10 pm

audiofeen wrote:
I'd say this is the year of the software battles..
the constant drawn out three way between Logic, Protools and cubase.
Ableton v.s. bitwig
and last but not least Maschine V.s. MPC studio

i also predict some severer price drops to fuel competition in the softsynth market.
You forgot Studio 1 vs. Reaper :lol: :x :lol: :x :lol: :x
Imac 27" 3.4ghz i7 16gb 10.7.4
MBP 15" 2.16ghz CoreDuo 2gb 10.6.8
Logic 9.1.7 & Suite 8.2.7 w/ M4L
MOTU 828mkII firewire
Serato SL3, (2) 1200 M3D's & (1) CDJ800 w/ Ecler Evo4
Keystation 88 Pro, padKontrol w/ Farmpad, Launchpad

misa

Post by misa » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:30 pm

modecai wrote:I can't help but imagine that this is just a way for live to test out new features without telling us that they are going to do something new. It's...just...so....similar...
It looks like Ableton is already spearheading that through other means. This link is from their twitter post and mentioned by Tarekith earlier:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/vie ... c6MQ#gid=0

I hope we get some posts from attendees on what the new Live is like.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Angstrom wrote:
8O wrote:the dawning realisation that there's soon going to be a completely new FORUM with post counts starting at zero.

The horror.
No ... the delight, the delight.

us people with far too high postcounts see them more as a badge of procrastination shame than anything else. "This guy shirked his dayjob at a rate of 4 posts a day for eight years!"

A nice low postcount, ah like a Garden of Eden it would be, where nobody would remember my rectal herpes issues in 2006. etc.
the rumors are too widespread at this point. might as well embrace it like Magic Johnson did with Aids in the 80's. perhaps a spot on a talk show :idea: :?:

SuslovNikolay

Post by SuslovNikolay » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Hello,
It is really ridiculous to compare "BITWIG studio" and even ABLETON Live 8 (someone here is trying to compare it even to 9).
With Max-for-Live Ableton has NO concurrents in musical DAWs.
It's like comparing Windows MS Painter (aka Cubase, Logic.. BITWIG ect) to Quartz composer (Ableton Live + M4L). To have the same generative programming functionality as Max/MSP/Jitter brought to Live 8, BITWIG needs to have the same like Max/MSP language integration (which is missed in it's features). The introduced "Native modular system" is looks like a manual non-fundamental bulkhead to the old-fashioned DAW, or they really think that could make something better than Cycling'74 in programming languages design... )
From thier announcement, the only is clear, that "BITWIG studio" is a mark time or moreover a step back in musical software industry, sadly.

Regards,
Nikolay

puzzlefactory

Post by puzzlefactory » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:41 pm

audiofeen wrote: the constant drawn out three way between Logic, Protools and cubase.
I think it's more just Logic and Cubase. ProTools HD has no competitors (although I'm not sure why Apple hasn't tried giving it a run for its money) and is firmly entrenched in all proffessional studios and post production houses. Native ProTools, they've just never manged to get right for the "prosummer" bedroom producer market, at least not in the way Logic, Cubase and Live for that matter, have.

betterbox

Post by betterbox » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:51 pm

modecai wrote:I can't help but imagine that this is just a way for live to test out new features without telling us that they are going to do something new. It's...just...so....similar...

i think that the bit wig guys just had enough from working on a crippled daw and finaly fullfill teh wishes ableton users have for allmost a decade now that wasnt allowed to be fullfilled by a bad management.

evrybody here is excited and raving about features ableton should have had years ago while allmost nobody seems to miss that ther is no max integration.

live lacks in so many departments that a competitor that is going down the same route has actually easy play to top them in all areas.

i definetely will test this and as long its not as unstable as L8, probably will go for it.
Ableton had 10 years time to proove that they are not really up to the task. While this bitwig guys seem to have a compareable product plus a lot of the features live users wait for such a long time for in just 2 years.

ok..maybe to early to judge, but one allready can say that the bitwig guys had an mouch more open ear for the ableton users feature wishes than ableton themself. And that gets my symphatie..

Also the idea to include a modular patch system in an easy to manage fashion, a bit like an enhanced version of logics enviroment as it looks, is nice.

Much more down to earth and fun to use than a max integration. looks all more promissing than i ve expected it to be.
Last edited by betterbox on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.