reaktor vsti works in 2.0.2 but

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
8 fold

reaktor vsti works in 2.0.2 but

Post by 8 fold » Thu Mar 20, 2003 2:41 am

OK so i got reaktor to work as a vsti but it will not render the output
to disk. how you ask. i just loaded in clix2 and it worked. as far as i
can tell any sequenced ensemble will play.

let me know if anyone can get it to render to disk

GEO

m-laboratories.net

is this true?

Post by m-laboratories.net » Thu Mar 20, 2003 4:26 pm

i just want to make sure I've got it right... you have been able to load Reaktor as a VSTI plug-in in LIVE?

and it is completely functional except for the render to disk function?

what the hell is clix 2?

That's pretty incredible, if it's true...

burgessa23

Post by burgessa23 » Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:14 pm

clix2 is a sequenced synth by Martin Brinkmann
also grainstates le works also

The Hulk

Post by The Hulk » Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:55 pm

wow...what's Clix2? what OS does it run on?

8 fold

Post by 8 fold » Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:04 pm

im a wintel kind of guy but i love girls with macs (zipperspy is so beautiful
isnt she) as far as the clix2 ensemble its made by reaktor god Martin Brinkmann

GEO

The HULK

Post by The HULK » Thu Mar 20, 2003 8:16 pm

WELL, I found info on Martin, but where do you get Clix2??

wacko

Post by wacko » Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:39 pm

http://www.martin-brinkmann.de/ens.html

check it out, good stuff in there!

David

Post by David » Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:16 am

Wow!

How did you get Reaktor to work as a vsti in Live? Is it possible to run Reaktor in sync with Live and to record audio from reaktor into a Live Track? This I would REALLY love to be able to do! Also, anyone know if you can record other soft synths (such as FM7, absynth etc) directly into a Live track? This would be great!

Cheers again,

David

m-laboratories.net

superstition

Post by m-laboratories.net » Fri Mar 21, 2003 3:33 pm

good question... so the render to disk function doesn't work, but can you record Reaktor's output as a live in?

Has anyone else ever gotten this to work?

Surreal

RRRReaktor works

Post by Surreal » Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:51 pm

hi guys..if you listen to my already postet song ssssssss.mp3....i used reaktor there and recorded it on a track in ableton....

salu

m-laboratories.net

i have to ask

Post by m-laboratories.net » Fri Mar 21, 2003 7:47 pm

okay, now that Reaktor is on the table, I have to ask:

Which is a better addition to live, Reaktor or Reason?

As far as I have read, Reaktor supposedly has better sound quality. I also dislike Reason's GUI metaphor - why imitate physical devices, particularly all those wires. I hate wires.

But before I learned that Reaktor can be used with Live, I was ready to buy Reason because it was my best option for creating a variety of sounds for effecting and jamming in live.

But which is really the best option?

David

Post by David » Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:09 pm

Hi,

I have both Reason and Reaktor but so far have never really used Reason. I use Reaktor A LOT. This is because I can generate almost any sound imagineable with Reaktor whether it be Pads, drums, percussive elements, general noise, weird sounds that defy description. reaktor basically gives the user an infinite number of sounds at their disposal, most of which tend to veer towards the unconventional. However, reaktor can also generate conventional synth sounds..whatever that is. I guess if you havent heard reaktor then its quite hard to describe..it is very unique though and limitless if you have a bit of patience and also like getting your hands a bit dirty, building your own instruments etc.. In fact, there are ensembles in Reaktor which are similar to cut down versions of Live, obviously without the arranger. Reaktor is vast, I cant stress the point enough.

Well, I think I have veered off your initial question...Is it any good with Live? well, as said it gives you loads of potential sounds and loops to 'use' with Live which cant be a bad thing. As for direct integration with Live I am still unsure as I am also awaiting a response to my question - Can Reaktor vst and Live be synced and audio from reaktor routed to a live Track? There has been talk of people getting it to work but I dont know if it is a properly implemented feature yet.

As for Reason I'm not too sure exactly what it does, but there are plenty of Reason experts on this forum who I'm sure will provide an insight.

Hope this helps...and hope i didnt ramble too much :oops:

David

b

no?

Post by b » Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:26 pm

ive been recording the output of reaktor into live but its loaded as a vst efx not a vsti. you cannotload it as a vsti, it crashes.(at least on my apple nerdbox) you cannot sync them as far i can tell. ive tried several ways and no luck. reaktor is great but i do wish they had rewire compatibility if only for use with live.
support your local agriculture.
b

quandry

Re: i have to ask

Post by quandry » Sun Mar 23, 2003 3:03 pm

m-laboratories.net wrote:okay, now that Reaktor is on the table, I have to ask:

Which is a better addition to live, Reaktor or Reason?

As far as I have read, Reaktor supposedly has better sound quality. I also dislike Reason's GUI metaphor - why imitate physical devices, particularly all those wires. I hate wires.

But before I learned that Reaktor can be used with Live, I was ready to buy Reason because it was my best option for creating a variety of sounds for effecting and jamming in live.

But which is really the best option?

They are definitely different programs, each very flexible and deep, with seemingly unlimeted sound possiblilities. If you don't like the "wires" in reason, better take a look at reaktor before going there--it's whole layout is based on sound modules that you wire together, then wire to an output--you can even get down and dirty and totally tweek "internal wiring" of syths and other sound modules ala old school analog technology. I would venture to guess much more "wiring" and user creativity is involved in reaktor than reason, which is pretty simple to just select a patch on a synth and start rocking.

I'm still learning tons about each program, and am certainly no expert, but just wanted to warn you if you have an aversion to reasons "wire" interfacing, better to check out reaktor before buying it as a wiring alternative.

Ryan