Any SAE Institute graduates?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nycmex77

Any SAE Institute graduates?

Post by nycmex77 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:27 pm

Ur exp. In the audio tech course? Did u get good job after gradution? pros and cons?

Im planning to attend the new york campus.

antarktika

Re: Any SAE Institute graduates?

Post by antarktika » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:09 pm

I researched the SF one extensively as I wanted to expand my understanding of working with audio, and from what I gathered, it's really hit-or-miss given the current climate in the recording industry, and job prospects are rather scarce, especially in metropolitan areas where there are plenty of available audio engineers to fill any job vacancies. No actual experience with the schools, per se, but from reading hundreds of reviews and articles, it sounded like if you're using it to step into a sound engineering career, it's very uncertain as to whether it will lead to paying work.

xenomachino1

Post by xenomachino1 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:03 pm

i graduated about a year ago.

There's many routes you can take with audio. Production. Engineering. Live Sound. Post production. Sound for picture, etc, etc. They teach you a little bit of each.

My class started with 18 people. 3 of us graduated. It's not piece of cake, you have to study. You will get out of it what you put in. If you study hard, you will learn a ton, if you slack, you'll b out (quick).

Regarding jobs, they lean more towards post production, some live sound, very little studio work. They have job assistance but again, you are the one that has to push forward and start making phone calls.

It comes down to what you want to do, and how much you really want it.

nycmex77

Post by nycmex77 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:38 pm

xenomachino1 wrote:i graduated about a year ago.

There's many routes you can take with audio. Production. Engineering. Live Sound. Post production. Sound for picture, etc, etc. They teach you a little bit of each.

My class started with 18 people. 3 of us graduated. It's not piece of cake, you have to study. You will get out of it what you put in. If you study hard, you will learn a ton, if you slack, you'll b out (quick).

Regarding jobs, they lean more towards post production, some live sound, very little studio work. They have job assistance but again, you are the one that has to push forward and start making phone calls.

It comes down to what you want to do, and how much you really want it.

Thank you. thinking live sound or post production.

nycmex77

Post by nycmex77 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:19 am

the bundle u get at SAE

Apple 13" MacBook?2.4GHz Core 2 Duo processor, 2GB DDR3 memory, 250GB hard drive, SuperDrive 8x
Avid Mbox 3 Mini audio interface
Ultrasone HFI550 headphones
Apple Logic Studio 9
Avid Pro Tools 9
Native Instruments Komplete 7 software bundle? includes Kontakt, Guitar Rig, Massive, Reaktor, Absynth, Battery, Akoustik Piano, Elektrik Piano, B4 II, FM8, and Pro-53
Waves Certification Bundle (June 2011 and future start dates)
Ableton Live (June 2011 and future start dates)