MY... LIVE 9 Wishlist

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
One Reason

Re: MY... LIVE 9 Wishlist

Post by One Reason » Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:40 am

I do know basic chords... I just have problems playing them , my hands arent suited to the keyboard...is that ok with you?

Choosing from a list, would definitely make music production easier for me, and countless others, im sure.

Why I have to explain WHY I am requesting something is a bit much.. but.. ok :roll:

sacredgeometry

Post by sacredgeometry » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:23 pm

I came here to post this as i thought you might find it interesting

http://createdigitalmusic.com/2012/01/b ... #idc-cover

r.e. chords, I have mentioned a few times that there are chord tools built in, if you have m4l there are even extremely sophisticated harmony tools built for it.

If you want a one stop shop for chords you could literally make one, which is part of the beauty and appeal of live, its "modularity" means that you can build complicated devices to suit your need.

if you have m4l i don't actually mind writing you a chord tool if you know what specifications you want ad if it cant in fact be easily realised inside live already.
Peace + Hugs

Brian

Lumix

Post by Lumix » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:41 pm

ok ive got another one: a score editor(something like logic has) side by side to the piano roll - i need it really cos i think in notes ...
The Davile Insaide Teh Mashihne.

djaraofficial

Post by djaraofficial » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:55 pm

Lumix wrote:ok ive got another one: a score editor(something like logic has) side by side to the piano roll - i need it really cos i think in notes ...
Score Editor +1

And Surround Mixing... :D

alexanderfog

Post by alexanderfog » Mon May 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Hello i just had an email form the support giving me this link so i ask what i think it will save my time.

Version Saving. (Advanced Autosave)
I experience many times (and someone had to fix the project there in the office) problems in the project saving.
As developer i suggest you a way that will simplify the work and make us work safe also when VST make the software blow out.
Multiple file saving up to 3.
System automatically when we save create 3 Projects and based on the save from the user (or auto) it store them separately.

Example:

Alexander Fog - Title.01.als
Alexander Fog - Title.02.als
Alexander Fog - Title.03.als <- This is always the last saved

User will save as usual but the system will store them separately using FIFO method.
This way we will have anytime a near version (last auto save or last user save) and we not have to relay on the undo history that sometimes is broken.
The save feature need to start be transparent to the music making i work on a power full machine (solid drives) and i still have the color full wheel waiting for save.

Filename Saving Copy and Paste.
When i'm Saving the media file i'm unable to copy a Track name in the saving window.
Will save time to be able to paste simply a name there.

VST Autofocus
When you click with the mouse a VST window it not get the control focus automatically.
So for example when i use UAD i click on the Compressor window and i'm still controlling (Novation Automap) the previous VST.
Is a loss of time to have to go back in the VST group and click and get back since all is windowing.

VST Automation Storing
When i click a knob in a VST (example Guitar rig) Live automatically recognize the command and let me design the automation.
But when i add it to the line (+button) if i not move the red line manually it will forget the command and get back to VST Name - Device On.

VST Multi Assign.
Will be cool to be able after selecting multiple lines to drop in all of them a component or VST (Ex. Utility)

MP3 + Export Tags
I think many already ask it but is that difficult to have the MP3 export (lie i have in logic) + Tags ?
Maybe tags can be stored in a project info window and after have them in the MP3 once export.

VST Failure Prevention (Like in UAD)
When a UAD VST get a communication problem it become automatically disabled.
I will love to have same with other software, when live is start get in trouble will be AMAZING that instead of close it simply disable the problem and tell us "GUITAR RIG 5 JUST PISS ME OFF I DISABLE IT" hahaha

I hope you will not hate me now after this list.
I have more ideas in case u want to know :)

One Reason

Post by One Reason » Fri May 18, 2012 1:17 am

sacredgeometry wrote: if you have m4l i don't actually mind writing you a chord tool if you know what specifications you want ad if it cant in fact be easily realised inside live already.
I do have m4l.

What I would find EXTREMELY useful is a simple box listing most of the common chords, if not (to be greedy) all of them.. that one could just drag say a Cm from the plugin to the track, then.. drag an F, and then an Am etc.

To be doubly helpful, being able to drag pre-defined chords into the piano roll would also be helpful.

To the Track, to the piano roll, or both, would be amazing.

Ideally it would create a 1 bar midi clip which , of course could be re-sized, smaller or larger within a chord progression.

Perhaps the plugin could have different pages, for Major, minor, diminished, augmented etc chords.

It would also be handy if within the plugin each chord could be previewed either by clicking it or mousing over.

Im utterly floored that no one has done this yet, seems so obvious to me.

Why? Because I, and Im sure tons of other people struggle with playing the keyboard, and \ or penciling chords into a Piano roll.

Toontracks EZkeys has something similar but you have to build your chord progression within their plugin THEN drag it into your sequencer.

Thanks for your time and interest. :)

arghh

Post by arghh » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:17 am

I started to mix with live in FOH and I use my Presonus StudioLive 24.bla.bla like interface.

So, maybe more foh mixing features like scene recall in the same set and that kind of stuff :)

One Reason

Post by One Reason » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:47 am

Actually, a better idea would be the chords would be listed by scale... eg: having all the chords in at least the most common scales grouped together in the list.

chaseforfeit

Post by chaseforfeit » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:05 pm

MULTIPLE PROGRAM CHANGES WITHIN SINGLE MIDI CLIPS

I was told by your technical support team to write and put a formal request in for this - so here we go!

Since I bought Live in 2005, I've used it for EVERYTHING. I use it for writing, for editing, for performance, and as a controller (often all at once). The ONLY shortcoming I've seen so far is that MIDI clips (let's call them files, for now) don't read the information written into them. They read the MIDI notes, and envelopes attached but NOT program changes.

Live sets a single program change per clip / file, and that's all you get. To do multiple program changes over the course of one performance, I'm forced to use the ARRANGEMENT view - as they trigger in a linear fashion.

What I and many users would like is to be able to draw multiple program changes into one clip / file. Mainly, for cleanliness. I have moved onto using the SESSION view for performances, because it's clean - the follow actions are king, and it's really really easy to expand / subtract a live show. I can add to it easily, etc..unlike in ARRANGEMENT view...if I have 15 songs in one performance, that begins to get messy on the screen - and hard to manage.

Most MIDI sequencing/editing software (even ProTools) lets you add program changes into one clip/file - and they read....Though I'm loyal to LIVE for life, and am not backsliding to any other DAW.

I think this can be as simple as adding an option to draw PC values into an envelope, just the same as any other control message (volume, pan, express, etc). The values can be represented between 1-128 just like you have, and visually by "Nodes" (or whatever you guys call the little circles that go on an envelope).

Cr.093

Post by Cr.093 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:04 pm

One Reason wrote:Some of us don't have the time to learn music theory, ear training, etc etc.

That's why I asked for the features.
No mean to offend you but what you write really leads me to ask: Are you sure you're right in music production then?

I don't think glueing some bought drum samples with pre-programmed chords triggering some synths with their factory presets is what one should call music production. And if it's only that you don't know the scales then have a look at this: http://www.pianoworld.com/fun/vpc/piano_chords.htm
My 2 cents... :wink:

msepsis

Post by msepsis » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:05 pm

I read the first few posts here and wanted to run far away. Guys if you have alternate ways of getting there from here there's no reason to patronize the person with arrogance. Anyone who posts here is simply trying to contribute their ideas.. Be nice.

My suggestions:
  • -full sysex handling (receive and record sysex dump from synth, send sysex message on playback)
    -multi-monitor support as in the ability to "tear" or undock panel sections and blow them up full screen.

msepsis

Post by msepsis » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:09 pm

additionally... adding full sysex support would take care of chaseforfeit's request for multiple program changes per clip if you were able to record and playback sysex dumps in a clip. Using a sysex dump isn't always the most elegant way to change programs (it's "chatty") but it allows you to "store" the sound you designed on your external synth to your ableton live project file. Users of external synths would no longer need to rely on a sysex librarian to keep all their used programs in order, they would simply be stored as sysex with the song.

lewisfurey

Re: MY... LIVE 9 Dissapointment

Post by lewisfurey » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Altho' thrilled at the experience of using 9, I discovered the Sysex problem/issue when working with my Kurzweil PC3x just days ago. Like all of my friends and colleagues in Montreal, we are having serious issues with 9 and Sysex that compromise the precious time of professional musicians who perform and compose. I currently say I compose Acousmatic Pop. I think you guys can understand that. I still can't find a reasonable way to change and save work using sysex! To learn that a wonderful creative group of programers and designers (YOU) are responsible, leaves me baffled, amazed and impatient. I go to my (acoustic) piano and practice scales and arpeggios instead of composing music. I'm so impatient that I'm now just depressed. I love my work as much as you do. I just don't say trust me.
Lewis Furey