The have's from the have not's

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
jestermgee

The have's from the have not's

Post by jestermgee » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:54 pm

I have been around music forums for a while, used a number of daws and Try and participate in communities offering my built up wisdom where I can. I don't mind taking the time at all to explain a concept or technique to someone inexperienced BUT have started getting tired of just how many illegal users expect the same support as legit users.

The Steinberg forums allow you to register but you can then instantly see who has a registered version of the software and when someone pipes up saying "I have just got this daw and NI Komplete and Spectrasonics RMX and when I add these together and try and use my Waves Compressor it's not working".

Of course there are plenty of users that will use illegal software and if they are not trying to sell their stuff then whatever, but they should then have to look elsewhere for their support. It does kind of bring this place down quite a lot from most other forums I have hung out on. And the funny thing is Ableton can see just who does and does not have a registered version and is quite happy to just let it all go by.

H20nly

Re: The have's from the have not's

Post by H20nly » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:35 pm

:? i've wondered why they don't tie the screen name with the license for a while now. it would save us the necro trolling and rampages that the users that have been banned before seem to end up needing to do. :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:23 pm

Speaking of...where have all the mults gone?

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:43 am

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:00 am

it's due to your misuse of apostrophes.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:43 am

Our little project, our company had a very big night - a very, very big night. But it wasn't complete, wasn't nearly close to being in the same vicinity as complete, because I couldn't share it with you. I couldn't hear your voice or laugh about it with you. I miss my - I miss my wife. We live in a cynical world, a cynical world, and we work in a business of tough competitors. I love you. You complete me.

:)

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:30 am

Ah, the types of replies I was expecting. Where's the guy piping up about how cracked software for someone who isn't a "pro" isn't really stealing and they just want to get their head around it so they can make an informed decision to perhaps consider purchasing it somewhere down the track if they think they may be interested in it still.
it's due to your misuse of apostrophes.
Forgive my slip on the English language. I didn't have time to run my title through WIKI grammar... :roll:

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:31 am

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:28 pm

I’ve got a lot of things that concern me that probably shouldn’t, but people using cracked software isn’t on my list. It doesn’t affect me so it’s not worth burning a lot of mental calories over. I actually find it kind of funny when somebody posts a question, somebody suggests they are using cracked software, and then they’re never heard from again. Or better yet defend their use of cracked software. lolz.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:34 pm

how is cracked software different than ripped music? a bunch of ones 0's and 1's no?

my copy of live is legit btw, but i, like everyone up here im sure, have quite a bit of ripped music

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:30 pm

- really guys.. i'm going to buy it as soon as i get a job [in music].
- right now i'm a student and i'm not sure if my life is going in this direction.
- it's hard trying to manage on a budget of 100 a week when i have to eat, date and play beer pong.
- i lost my id so i can't get the academic version.
- i've never paid for shit in my life. it's my folks money and my dad said no this time.
- if you'd just tell me how to make dope beats like deadmau5 i'll be able to sell tracks and buy it later.
- i only logged in to forum to figure out how to get that wobble sound.
- fuck you guys.

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm not concerned about the issue of cracked software and have seen the argument all before, what I was saying is IF someone wants to make that choice why do they then think they should register on the official forum and ask their stupid questions... And why does Ableton just let them.

The question was asked a while ago "is the Ableton forum boring", well this issue is helping make it that way. Additionally, I have seen the odd poster post a question blatantly saying they downloaded an illegal version and want help and they get shot down in flames straight away so for people here to say "I don't care" I bet they would be the first to pull the trigger when given a chance like that.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:43 pm

oh everybody loves a good flamimg (except the recipient). it's a chance for us to band together and kick the shit out of someone. hell, it's one of the only times that such unity is seen on these pages.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:49 pm

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:03 pm

:lol:

"always look on the bright side of life"

*sways from side to side*