OMG! Trentemoller likes Live !!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Coupe70

OMG! Trentemoller likes Live !!

Post by Coupe70 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:41 pm

I read the now famous interview with Katy Perry producer Sandy Vee in the
german Sound&Recording magazine - and now guess what:

Only a few pages later there is an interview with Trentemoller on his new
album. He switched to Live for its production and he says "Live is quick, easy
and SOUNDS GOOD" ! OMG ! And he even states that he has warping on.
How is this possible ?!?! :mrgreen:

Btw, for all those 24Bit scientists: Sandy Vee states that he does all
pop projects in 16Bit/44KHz.
Phongemeinschaft (Live-ElectroJazz / NuJazz)
Homepage - youtube - Like! :-)
Live 9 (32Bit), HP DV7, i5 2,53GHz, 8 GB RAM, Win7 (64Bit)

H20nly

Re: OMG! Trentemoller likes Live !!

Post by H20nly » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:33 pm

he obviously has embraced Live's inferior algorithm and made it part of "his sound". :twisted:

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:53 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4TUBfoixpM

"I used Live for the timing of some vocals. On the track "Gypsy," the vocal part from Ray Wilson wasn't in time, and I needed to show him what I wanted it to sound like. The Warp Markers helped me with this. The result ended up sounding so cool that we didn't even redo the vocal; we stuck to the chopped-up vocal in Live." - Armin van Buuren

And the track is hawt.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:12 am

wtf is trentemoller?
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:54 am

nathannn wrote:wtf is trentemoller?
Its a new running shoe from nike.

Coupe70

Post by Coupe70 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:16 pm

Rabalder wrote:
Its a new running shoe from nike.
...and it sounds better than Live.

simonlb

Post by simonlb » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:23 pm

I've always thought Trentemoller's production and sound design skills were pretty exceptional so he probably knows what he's on about here...

Coupe70

Post by Coupe70 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:35 pm

simonlb wrote:I've always thought Trentemoller's production and sound design skills were pretty exceptional so he probably knows what he's on about here...
+1
I'm sure he is.
Found it to be a nice contrast to this other interview with Sandy Vee.
A well known producer, tendencially known for his good sound and not
his bad or lofi sound. And he does not talk about Live and warping as a
sounddesign tool, but about mostly using arrangement view, about
warping as a good tool for time and tempo correction and he still
says that it sounds good. Fine.

razorblade

Post by razorblade » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:55 pm

I've always thought Trentemoller's production and sound design skills were pretty exceptional so he probably knows what he's on about here...
Dude is a monster. Best live show I saw last year.
No...I am 3phase!

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:17 pm

:lol: how much you wanna bet this thread doesn't go on for 20+ pages?

WHAT! NO CONTROVERSY!! Someone with skizzlz, PRO status AND likes Live just fine with no gripes....

obviously he's been playing shows with no ear plugs far too long. :idea:

it's funny to me that the Sandy Vee thing is canceled out with this 1:1 ratio from the same issue of the same magazine. :lol: :lol:

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:31 pm

Off course live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine, you don't need anyone to prove it , if you do good music you know Live is fine.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:31 pm

no, i clearly stated that you should not use samples because you need a flashing message to let you know that the sample rate has changed when you change the sample rate.

don't blame your ignorance on me.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:51 pm

ok bubblegum.

whatever you say.

did you just come here to FAIL at busting my balls or does your hardcore advocacy of Katy Perry with Sandy Vee and his Nuendo loving ways give you an opinion on Trent saying the opposite about Live a few pages later [sans sponsorship]?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:14 pm

^ yeah... i am... by responding to you. you're broadly condescending and hypercritical of forum members' music (that you have never even heard) while self promoting yourself to the point of ad nauseam. you simply will not understand that by talking shit about other people (not just me) without having anything to stand on you paint a bulls-eye on yourself AND you think that if you follow me from thread to thread provoking me, all the while still self promoting, that it will turn out good for you.

buh bye. you can get off my nuts now.
LoopStationZebra wrote:it's like a hipster commie pinko manifesto. Rambling. Angry. Nearly divorced from all reality; yet strangely compelling with a ring of truth.

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:43 pm

It’s another example of using a more obscure producer’s word to trump a more commercially successful producers word. Also producers that include a lot of bleeps and blips in their music hold favor here.

And I'm not hating on Trentemoller. It's just what happens here.