I EXPECT an update to racks in Live 9

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
sporkles

I EXPECT an update to racks in Live 9

Post by sporkles » Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:54 pm

Please! You have to be able to let the number of macro controls be user definable, or at the very least double it to sixteen. I want to set up the push encoders on my Livid Code so that pressing an encoder down turns an effect on, and turning the knob adjusts parameters (and have this work with Instant Mapping, of course).

simmerdown

Re: I EXPECT an update to racks in Live 9

Post by simmerdown » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:11 pm

cant you just Group the rack to get 16

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:31 pm

You'd still be limited to the eight macros on the parent rack. It's all fine and dandy if you are OK with MIDI mapping it, but the whole idea behind Instant Mapping is that you don't have to MIDI map, and the same hardware controls can be used for any device that is in focus. In order to do what I want to do, I'd be down to four parameters for each rack (cause four would turn effects on/off).

deHaan

Post by deHaan » Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:35 pm

Yeah, that would be a really nice improvement for macro users. Controlling the first 8 macros with the device controls of the APC40 and the next 8 with the track controls would be awsome!
Check out my band Silent People's new single here:
http://silentpeople.dk

Inqy

Post by Inqy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:34 am

+1
What is your technique// Gear you use to accomplish that instant mapping?

deHaan

Post by deHaan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:13 am

I use an APC40 and a Novation Remote49 SL MKII...
Check out my band Silent People's new single here:
http://silentpeople.dk

GeoSuPhat

Post by GeoSuPhat » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:25 pm

Yes I would like to see the macros extendable by twos, could even start at 2 and add 2 more at a time as needed with a plus button on the rack somewhere. I have a feeling it cant be done with this version of the Live engine or they would have since more macros have been requested before. It would make it much easier to design more modular like synths and effects.

Also the clip envelopes for macros should be absolute, starting at zero and going up. The way it is now if you want to modulate a macro you have to turn it all the way up and then modulate it downwards. This forces you to have to add envelopes to every other clip in the track zeroing them out or they are all effected too.

It is interesting that it can be a percentage of your setting on the macro and would be sometimes useful. But it should be optional to be percentage or relative not the default.

While I am at it assigning parameters to the macros should pass on the setting to the macro. Its frustrating to set up a device the way you want, group it add a macro and loss the setting you tweaked. I could of swore they had this working in Live 8's beta and then it dissapeared. Or maybe I am doing something wrong?