Geez, Ableton 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
3dot...

Re: Geez, Ableton 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:02 pm

nycmex77 wrote:Any feedback on presonus studio one?
dude... ot...but can you please change your sig to a smaller one

Tyko

Post by Tyko » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:26 pm

ableton ftw

toph

Post by toph » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:15 pm

gorillaknuckles wrote:Actually, so far the only thing lame about it is the name: Studio One 2. Or maybe its cool. The old One Two.
Haha, so start to prepare for the next version, that will be called "Studio One 2 III". ;)

Regarding to Abletons silence: Don't know what's going (wr)on(g) there, but this way of communication (what is more a kind of anti-communication) with the user/customer seems very unhealthy for a company that lives from user empathy. I hope they manage to finish a new product soon that fixes most of the known issues and adds the still missing (today) standards. If we don't get any news until Musikmesse 2012 latest, I think Ableton will get into troubled water (if they aren't already).

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:21 pm

If you can't make music with Live 8, what makes you think that Live 9 will suddenly make it better?

Just saying.
http://theconsolationproject.bandcamp.com
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

gorillaknuckles

Post by gorillaknuckles » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:28 pm

It doesn't. But alternatives might.

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:31 pm

I don't get the hype of all of this. If Live is an abandoned product, I will change hosts- with extreme sadness. Since they are still releasing beta versions, I am assuming that it hasn't been abandoned. What's the freaking problem, everyone? Lol

LET ME GUESS. If live 9 comes out- guess what?

We'll then get bitching about lacking in features, and bitching about bugs.

Lame.

RonC
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

gorillaknuckles

Post by gorillaknuckles » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:43 pm

Jeez, man. Your taking all the fun out of it.

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:48 pm

The fun of it is actually making music with Live...

Apparently, the software spectators are so on the edge of their seats.

It's just old news, man. Making a somewhat decent forum into a wasteland of fluff.

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:03 pm

When you guys say people can't make music with Live 9 if they can't make music with the current version 8, I don't think you get it. It doesn't work like that all the time. People are complaining because Live 8 can't handle their projects anymore.(Atleast that's my case) See, people are sick of freezing and flatting clips, CPU spikes, lags and more. So that's why WE WANT LIVE 9 because we want 64 Bit already. Plus, It's been 3 years already, so go figure.
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

TabSel

Post by TabSel » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:05 pm

I sure hope bigwig soon open their own forum, where people complain about when beta starts, complain about missing features that had to be in v1, about broken promises never made, about when v2 will
be out, about bugs and so on...

Maybe this place will be more helpful then. I'm quite new to ableton live, loving it, am overwhelmed with it and would like to get answers and help to become helpful, too, and having a good time here, instead of reading childish speculations.

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:19 pm

chelemasty wrote:When you guys say people can't make music with Live 9 if they can't make music with the current version 8, I don't think you get it. It doesn't work like that all the time. People are complaining because Live 8 can't handle their projects anymore.(Atleast that's my case) See, people are sick of freezing and flatting clips, CPU spikes, lags and more. So that's why WE WANT LIVE 9 because we want 64 Bit already. Plus, It's been 3 years already, so go figure.
64 bits aren't going to fix your issues.

Why don't you try other software if Live isn't doing it?

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 pm

I hope Bitwig opens a forum soon so all the Ableton whiners can move over there.
ImageImage

toph

Post by toph » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:32 pm

TabSel wrote:Maybe this place will be more helpful then.
This place is already very helpful. Just use the search function and you'll find anything you're searching for.

And btw. there are reasons for all the complaining and childish speculation here. Most people wouldn't do so, if Ableton wouldn't have decided to go the silent way after their early Live 8 and Share desasters. I don't remember anyone (than a few freaks) complaining here before the release of Live 8 and I think that shows that there are some serious problems today that haven't been there before 2009.

ark

Post by ark » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:37 pm

There will have to be another release of Live to support the Akai MAX49. Of course it could be 8.2.8.

gorillaknuckles

Post by gorillaknuckles » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:41 pm

I'd say people are whining because they actually really like Live and don't want to go, but feel like they are being squeezed. This squeeze is coming from the slow updates from Ableton and their lack of communication, as well as the fact that they are being outpaced by many other apps (that are taking their ideas and running with them). I don't even want to get into why because its been explained clearly all over the forum, but 64 bit is very important to some users. I happen to be one of them.

So, I think all of the complaining in the forum right now is totally justified. It sucks, its a downer, and I'm sorry to say that I'm one of that crew.

But what else can we do? Personally, my hope is the Ableton team gets a sense of the unhappiness going on and does something about it. Even another message simply explaining what is going on and what we can look forward to would probably be enough to quiet the restless hordes.

I don't relish the idea of investing the time and money in finding a new DAW that works for me. I would much prefer to stick with the one I love.