Geez, Ableton 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
regretfullySaid

Re: Geez, Ableton 9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:44 pm

Well it tends to get old after hearing the same thing A MILLION TIMES

now I'm whining :lol:
ImageImage

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:45 pm

rpc9943 wrote:
chelemasty wrote:When you guys say people can't make music with Live 9 if they can't make music with the current version 8, I don't think you get it. It doesn't work like that all the time. People are complaining because Live 8 can't handle their projects anymore.(Atleast that's my case) See, people are sick of freezing and flatting clips, CPU spikes, lags and more. So that's why WE WANT LIVE 9 because we want 64 Bit already. Plus, It's been 3 years already, so go figure.
64 bits aren't going to fix your issues.

Why don't you try other software if Live isn't doing it?

Um, I'm actually using a different software right now for production. But, the reason why I wanna stay with Live is, I like using it for production(back then) but now I only use it for playing its session view with the APC. See, my problem is I need it to be 64 bit, so that it can handle my current projects that has more tracks and more plugins and stuff. So YES, it would fix my issue.
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

TabSel

Post by TabSel » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:50 pm

toph wrote:
TabSel wrote:Maybe this place will be more helpful then.
This place is already very helpful. Just use the search function and you'll find anything you're searching for.

And btw. there are reasons for all the complaining and childish speculation here. Most people wouldn't do so, if Ableton wouldn't have decided to go the silent way after their early Live 8 and Share desasters. I don't remember anyone (than a few freaks) complaining here before the release of Live 8 and I think that shows that there are some serious problems today that haven't been there before 2009.
It works NOW!

users don't, currently.

toph

Post by toph » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:51 pm

shadx312 wrote:Well it tends to get old after hearing the same thing A MILLION TIMES

now I'm whining :lol:
If that's your problem, you should start to avoid threads with keywords like "9" or "Bitwig" in the headline. ;)
Sure it's boring, but it shows that people need to SHARE their suffering. - All that could be handled using the Share feature, if it would have been delivered. ;)

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:52 pm

I think instead of releasing live 9, ableton should open new forum sections on their site: "WHINING", "BORING DJ'S THAT THINK THEY'RE AMAZING BECAUSE THEY CAN TRIGGER PREMADE MP3'S OF OTHER MUSICIANS, WHO ALSO DON'T KNOW GRAMMAR".
http://theconsolationproject.bandcamp.com
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

toph

Post by toph » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:58 pm

TabSel wrote:It works NOW!
Yes, it does, if you don't want to use one of the plug-ins that don't work and if you don't use workarounds via M4L that can make the whole thing unstable. I never had any problems in the early days of Live 8, but these days (where other people finally seem to be able to work without crashes) I see my projects crashing more often and things get very quirky from time to time.

So, it does if it does.

TabSel

Post by TabSel » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:06 pm

Sell it. Buy the software, which NOW does what you want NOW, like live did once. And be prepared to progress further in your life. That's a good thing.

gorillaknuckles

Post by gorillaknuckles » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:22 pm

What is with the software zealots?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:32 pm

gorillaknuckles wrote:But what else can we do? Personally, my hope is the Ableton team gets a sense of the unhappiness going on and does something about it. Even another message simply explaining what is going on and what we can look forward to would probably be enough to quiet the restless hordes.
it just becomes a feeding frenzy on whatever sound bite the hordes can spin.

i customize medical software for doctors for a living. i can assure you that their bitching and moaning does little to inspire me.

in fact, it slows me down because:

A.) i have to stop working to listen to it directly
B.) they moan to my boss who then stops me from working to bemoan their moans

neither of which speed up the process.

"it sure would be nice if..."
"i know it doesn't work that way, but it would be cool if it..."
"why don't they make it so you can..."
:roll:
smile, nod, rinse, repeat

it's like cooking. when the food is ready it's time to eat. before that you might get indigestion or worse... a squirting dirt star.

best advice: STFU and use your tools.

fucking electronic musicians :roll:
buy a harmonica if you want it to always work all the time.

gorillaknuckles

Post by gorillaknuckles » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Sure, but your boss has to take all that shit into consideration, filtering nonsensical babbling from legitimate wants, lest the clients go elsewhere. Correct?

I've worked plenty with clients. For sure it can be an royal pain in the ass.

But at the same time, they are your clients.

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:46 pm

Try learning one effect or vst for a month. Live 8 can handle that. Didn't you ever hear keep it simple stupid? Do some research on the history of electricity. It'll blow your mind. Take a look at the history of all the music that has already done what you're trying to do. Research recording history and marvel at the wonder of ableton live 8. Or continue whimpering and knowing they're going to announce it on their time, not yours. Like EVERYTHING ELSE IN LIFE.
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:52 pm

So, there are people thinking Ableton have just been going on all this time and just recently one of them stops everyone else and says "Hey guys, have you read the forums in the past couple years? Apparently there are upset users and some have made requests!"?

"Well, let's just ignore it until the 128th user that says they're going to use another DAW makes a post, them we'll look into it, otherwise, can we get back to this game?"

As if it wouldn't be in their best interest to meet their customers needs by doing what they need to do in order to stay in business...
Last edited by regretfullySaid on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:56 pm

Watch sports. Facebook. Watch political news. Go to church. Enroll yourself in college. All the institutions are set up to distract you from your life. Or maybe whine on a user based forum to a company about a potentially non existing software version number.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:58 pm

gorillaknuckles wrote:Sure, but your boss has to take all that shit into consideration, filtering nonsensical babbling from legitimate wants, lest the clients go elsewhere. Correct?

I've worked plenty with clients. For sure it can be an royal pain in the ass.

But at the same time, they are your clients.
my boss gets it. i've got no fear of them saying "hey it doesn't have that one feature so you're fired". typically it is something specific that makes perfect sense to them, but that most (if not all) of the other folks could care less about.

sound familiar?

Ableton make more off of new "i'm gonna be hot shit soon" types walking into Guitar Center <or insert regional counterpart here> and then slapping down their hard earned drug money and buying the software than they do off a bunch of old fuckers who've been upgrading since day 1. new customers are where the money is. you pay more for your first copy of Suite than your next 3 upgrades combined. :|

as an added bonus the noob producer didn't understand what <insert favorite producer name> was on about when he was comparing the sound engine or discussing the subtleties of aliasing vs. non aliasing on a bezier curve of an lfo's reverse diphtheria. he did notice in the side pane of that magazine that there was a tip there describing how if you drop this compressor preset in your track it will make it slam! so while he's off making music... the debates rage on at forum.ableton.com
Last edited by H20nly on Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:01 pm

shortly... it comes down to people..
generally not liking to be in the dark for too long..
unless they're sleeping or hiding....in this fast-food/media world..

it's human nature.