Bitwig

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
lapieuvre

Bitwig

Post by lapieuvre » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:00 am

If it really does what they advertise, this is the Live 9 I wait for!
MBP 2018, 16 GB Ram, OSX 10.15.7
MBP M1 Max 64 GB Ram, OSX 14.3.1
Live 10.1.43 Suite
Live 11.3.21
Live 12 Beta
Interface : Apollo Twin duo

dazzer

Re: Bitwig

Post by dazzer » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:31 am

n/m

mharris

Post by mharris » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:29 am

Except.. From the look of their promo videos and screen shots, it also doesn't have automation curves..

Why is everyone assuming that this version 1.0 product (sorry let me correct that - pre-beta product) is going to be the all singing, all dancing fully featured product that will answer everyone's prayers.

Ok, it addresses a couple of the issues with Live at the moment, but I still see a lot missing. It will have a long way to go to catch up with the big boys who have been going 10+ years (25+ years in some cases).

Piplodocus

Post by Piplodocus » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:53 am

mharris wrote:Except.. From the look of their promo videos and screen shots, it also doesn't have automation curves..

Why is everyone assuming that this version 1.0 product (sorry let me correct that - pre-beta product) is going to be the all singing, all dancing fully featured product that will answer everyone's prayers.

Ok, it addresses a couple of the issues with Live at the moment, but I still see a lot missing. It will have a long way to go to catch up with the big boys who have been going 10+ years (25+ years in some cases).
^ That.

I'd like to compare that Bitwig video and it's functions to the video and functions of Live 9 too. If L9 is all that too, or slightly different bt equaly as good, and not very far behind, then I know which I'd take. Buying Bitwig the day it comes out seems silly. Buying L9 the day it comes out seems silly. Waiting a few months for Bitwigs full release to be proven stable means you may see Live 9.0.0 before you're convinced anyway.

No point comparing software that's not out with software that's 3 years old.
Live relevant things: Suite 12, MacBook M1 Max, RME UFX II (kext drivers), Push 1

milfhuntr

Post by milfhuntr » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:26 pm

Bitwig . . . IS Ableton 9. And what a "gotcha" moment it will be.

dude rancher

Post by dude rancher » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:49 am

milfhuntr knows the deal..

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:17 am

Piplodocus wrote: No point comparing software that's not out with software that's 3 years old.
+1
i forget this argument too often but its true. bitwig seems to be nice, modern a lot of features etc. but lets see what ableton did the last 3 years (and that can be a lot - so much that other companys write a complete new daw :P)

keefbaker

Post by keefbaker » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:02 am

At this point we have no proof there even IS a piece of software, never mind if it:

a) Does what it says it does
b) is stable and doesn't crash every 2 minutes
c) is ACTUALLY pleasant to use
d) has built in fx/synths worth using
e) doesn't eat your cpu like cheese whizz

At the moment here's what we have...

there's this woman whos going to suck my cock better than anyone ever has before. I've seen a photo and she looks nice and according to the website she sucks a damn good cock. there are no customer testimonies because she's never actually sucked a cock before but she is supposed to be very good.

JMFOne

Post by JMFOne » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:24 am

keefbaker wrote:
there's this woman whos going to suck my cock better than anyone ever has before. I've seen a photo and she looks nice and according to the website she sucks a damn good cock. there are no customer testimonies because she's never actually sucked a cock before but she is supposed to be very good.
Your eloquence is like a fine wine
15" Apple Macbook Pro, mid 2012, 2.6GHz 8GB RAM 750GB HD, Ableton Live 9.2, Virus TI Polar

keefbaker

Post by keefbaker » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:32 am

James Fowler wrote: Your eloquence is like a fine wine
I prefer to think of it as like a very large cock.

But as to bitwig, they've done an incredible job on they hype, but I'm too old and cynical to just straight believe it. I need to see it.

lapieuvre

Post by lapieuvre » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:53 pm

Again, I wrote "If it really does what they advertise".
MBP 2018, 16 GB Ram, OSX 10.15.7
MBP M1 Max 64 GB Ram, OSX 14.3.1
Live 10.1.43 Suite
Live 11.3.21
Live 12 Beta
Interface : Apollo Twin duo

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:10 pm

James Fowler wrote:
keefbaker wrote:
I agree. If you can explain more facets of music production and equipment with such colourful analogies I would like to sign up to your newsletter. Any chance you could summarise the problem live coders have with session automation in the same way?

kev herb

Post by kev herb » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:30 pm

keefbaker wrote:
James Fowler wrote: Your eloquence is like a fine wine
I prefer to think of it as like a very large cock.

But as to bitwig, they've done an incredible job on they hype, but I'm too old and cynical to just straight believe it. I need to see it.
suck it and see
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:16 am

ikeaboy wrote:
James Fowler wrote:
keefbaker wrote:
I agree. If you can explain more facets of music production and equipment with such colourful analogies I would like to sign up to your newsletter. Any chance you could summarise the problem live coders have with session automation in the same way?
that's a stiff order. it could get real hard. :lol: