fold all group tracks!

maaz-eke

fold all group tracks!

Post by maaz-eke » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:35 am

Hi Ableton!

I do often feel this as a bug, i do understand it isn't bug... plausible just this feature is not implemented (yet?)
and is limitation of GUI behaviour and more belongs to wish-list

description:
when selecting multiple or all tracks in arrangement view by Alt+(clicking track fold arrow) in one track we get fold/unfold all tracks. - great! Biggest point in my case = this folds all grouped-tracks

but this feature isn't working in session view.

-----
I had felt disappointment about 10 times when i had by arranger view habit (intuitively) expected Live-GUI to do fold all foldable tracks in session view and... instead have to fold them all one by one. Actually I haven't found any implemented way (in session view) to unfold/fold all or multiple(multi-selection) grouped-tracks at once.

probably I'm the only but i think it would be great to use fold all foldable tracks in session view too not just in arranger view.
What about that?
PC: VGN-CR11; Core2Duo T7100; 1.80GHz; 2038 MB; Intel-320series SSD
Audio: 1: Realtek High Definition Audio - ASIO4ALL v2.9
(MAIN) 2: M-Audio FW410

DAW: Ableton Live 8.2.7 (8.2.8b2)

Controller: microKontrol, LC-2, FCB-1010

maaz-eke

Re: fold all group tracks!

Post by maaz-eke » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:07 am

maaz-eke wrote:i think it would be great to use fold all foldable tracks in session view too not just in arranger view.
What about that?

To reproduce this incorrect/incomplete behaviour:
1.create session with 4 tracks
2.group 1th and 2nd (by selecting them and Ctrl+G)
3.repeat for other pair or tracks [so we got 6 player-tracks in total]
4.in arrangement view click unfold track triangle-button of first-track which happens to be group1 while holding down Alt [it folds all - now visible are just 2 group tracks]
and it works for unfolding too
5.go too session view and by holding Alt-key click track unfold triangle-button in tracks title bar
[this doesn't work as it was in arrangement view]

- TX for upcoming reply :)

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:40 pm

I'm not sure if it's an incosistency on purpose or not but I know what you mean.
I see it similarly to not being able to change multiple drum rack paramaters at once. I don't mean "apply to all siblings" but if you select all drums in the drumrack i/o mode and try to change them all to a choke group, you can't do it, yet you think you'd be able to since al changes being made in a selection is pretty much a universal feature.
It's just another one of those small workflow nuances they need to fix.

In the meantime, you can use clyphx to open/close multiple with multiple tracks I am fairly certain.
I have a set where I mapped a foot pedal to open/close a group track in case I want to tap away at the clips inside it on the padkontrol.
ImageImage

maaz-eke

Post by maaz-eke » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:07 pm

Thank you (shadx312) for pointing towards clyphx
I didn't know about that tool-script.
...Seems it can become useful one for me too. TX

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:13 pm

You're most certainly welcome.
ImageImage