Is it illegal to abandon a fish in PetSmart?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
SnoopWess

Is it illegal to abandon a fish in PetSmart?

Post by SnoopWess » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:54 am

Hi, I have two Red Bellied Pacu freshwater fish and they are growing out of control for my tank size. Every fish store I talk to refuses to take them off my hands. I just was wondering if it were illegal to leave them in a bucket in the fish section of PetSmart? Please let me know your thoughts! Also, I live in Colorado USA.

Thank you!

bartend7

Re: Is it illegal to abandon a fish in PetSmart?

Post by bartend7 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:19 am

they'll probably just flush it,, why dont you just do that.. if they're big enough fry em up man... or make a neat sushi roll.

Silverfish

Post by Silverfish » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:11 am

Craigslist. Give the guys a chance.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:37 pm

Kill Them.

Kill Them All.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:12 pm

these are fish right?

they're not that far up from bacteria. Eat them, flush them, or if you can really be arsed drive them to some water source they can live in.

But they will swim around looking at the same rock indefinitely anyway, they are mainly built to be eaten, so don't get caught in a guilt trip over it.

They would probably survive if you flushed them, then live on to brighten your town's sewers.

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Yes, please release them into the wild. They can compete with the snakehead fish for the best ecosystem destroyer title.

Ryanmf

Post by Ryanmf » Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:58 pm

Wikipedia wrote:State wildlife authorities typically advise home aquarists who wish to get rid of overgrown pacu to cut the heads off the fish and dispose of them as garbage.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:19 am

Forge. wrote:these are fish right?

they're not that far up from bacteria. Eat them, flush them, or if you can really be arsed drive them to some water source they can live in.

But they will swim around looking at the same rock indefinitely anyway, they are mainly built to be eaten, so don't get caught in a guilt trip over it.

They would probably survive if you flushed them, then live on to brighten your town's sewers.
I'll just leave this here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c2hrEiTi-E
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

docprosper

Post by docprosper » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:43 pm

I would highly recommend torturing them before you put them down, just to find out what they know. Note that regardless of popularity, waterboarding may not be your best option. :evil:
Funk N. Furter wrote:Post properly.
Ableton Live Suite | M4L | Powerbook | Launchpad | APC40 | Faderfox | 2x1200 | Xone:96 | ...
---> http://soundcloud.com/kilcraft

pskept

Post by pskept » Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:43 pm

SnoopWess wrote:Hi, I have two Red Bellied Pacu freshwater fish and they are growing out of control for my tank size. Every fish store I talk to refuses to take them off my hands. I just was wondering if it were illegal to leave them in a bucket in the fish section of PetSmart? Please let me know your thoughts! Also, I live in Colorado USA.

Thank you!
well a lot of aquarium stores (although i doubt fucking petsmart the walmart of pets store does) will buy large fish back from you at a nice price because people with larger aquariums, especially ones full of cichlids for example, need to restock with large, adult fish in order to keep them from getting eaten!

masterblasterofdisaster

Post by masterblasterofdisaster » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:27 am

SnoopWess wrote:Hi, I have two Red Bellied Pacu freshwater fish and they are growing out of control for my tank size. Every fish store I talk to refuses to take them off my hands. I just was wondering if it were illegal to leave them in a bucket in the fish section of PetSmart? Please let me know your thoughts! Also, I live in Colorado USA.

Thank you!

Craigslist them.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:14 am

Machinate wrote:
Forge. wrote:these are fish right?

I'll just leave this here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c2hrEiTi-E
smoke and mirrors!