Plugins to electronic/trance music

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
barezi6

Plugins to electronic/trance music

Post by barezi6 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:47 am

Hi everyone
I was searching by plugins, details of plugins, effects that ableton live have included etc. I saw a lot of plugins, and some is paid and other are free, i downloaded the Glith plugin, it is free and great, and some others plugins, i am trying to create electronic, trance music, and the plugins are a great help to create this type of music, and i am starting and learning about music, trance music, ableton etc, and had learned some about ableton and the instruments, effects etc that the program included, but now i think that i can jump to plugins, i saw a lot of plugins, but i really need free plugins to start creating trance music, and learning, if anyone can give me some help with good free plugins, to the type of the music that i want to create, it will be perfect for me.

Thank a lot community

Dr. Fluffenstein

Re: Plugins to electronic/trance music

Post by Dr. Fluffenstein » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:46 am

Do you mean plugins with a certain kind of character? Or synths that have a lot of presets for the genre?

If you want a synth that's been tried and tested in trance you should really look into getting sylenth, it's not free but it was pretty much made for edm. I bet 50% of anjuna tracks you hear have sylenth in them.

Having said that here are some of my favourite freebies:

Synth1
ZebraCM: You need to buy a copy of computer music magazine to get this. Very easy to get usable sounds from it quickly but I find it ill suited for bass. It's still my favorite freebie.
GenesisCM: Also included with CM magazine. Most of the presets are for trance.
TyrellN6: This one's a bit stubborn when it comes to modern trancy leads but it's definetly worth having
Polyiblit: Really nice for thin airy plucks.

Effects plugins:
Camelcrusher (distortion)
Flux bittersweet (transient shaper)
Ambience or Epicverb (reverb). Btw, ableton live's reverb sounds better than either of these imo, you just have to set the quality to high.
TPBasslane (for making your low-end mono)

Other useful plugins:
s(m)exoscope (if your monitoring situation isn't great you can use this to check on your waveform)
Zen (preset manager)

Samples:
Check out the free wave alchemy samples, and if you like what you hear consider buying drum tools 01.
Sample Magic and Mutekki media also have a lot of very good free demo samples.
isorhythm: Matt Lange has made a small collection of free kicks.

That's all I can think of for now. Hope that helps :)

barezi6

Re: Plugins to electronic/trance music

Post by barezi6 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:04 pm

Dr. Fluffenstein wrote:Do you mean plugins with a certain kind of character? Or synths that have a lot of presets for the genre?

If you want a synth that's been tried and tested in trance you should really look into getting sylenth, it's not free but it was pretty much made for edm. I bet 50% of anjuna tracks you hear have sylenth in them.

Having said that here are some of my favourite freebies:

Synth1
ZebraCM: You need to buy a copy of computer music magazine to get this. Very easy to get usable sounds from it quickly but I find it ill suited for bass. It's still my favorite freebie.
GenesisCM: Also included with CM magazine. Most of the presets are for trance.
TyrellN6: This one's a bit stubborn when it comes to modern trancy leads but it's definetly worth having
Polyiblit: Really nice for thin airy plucks.

Effects plugins:
Camelcrusher (distortion)
Flux bittersweet (transient shaper)
Ambience or Epicverb (reverb). Btw, ableton live's reverb sounds better than either of these imo, you just have to set the quality to high.
TPBasslane (for making your low-end mono)

Other useful plugins:
s(m)exoscope (if your monitoring situation isn't great you can use this to check on your waveform)
Zen (preset manager)

Samples:
Check out the free wave alchemy samples, and if you like what you hear consider buying drum tools 01.
Sample Magic and Mutekki media also have a lot of very good free demo samples.
isorhythm: Matt Lange has made a small collection of free kicks.

That's all I can think of for now. Hope that helps :)
Oh thank you very much for the information, i will download some all this plugins and work with them, and with the time will see more plugins that can help me, great information :)