half baked ableton live 9 or willing to wait?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
studiologic

half baked ableton live 9 or willing to wait?

Post by studiologic » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:03 pm

lets say ableton anounced ableton live 9 tomorrow... but it did not work on your machine... or one of you vsts worked in live 8 but not in live 9... would you rather wait to help insure all the testing has been done... or how about ableton live 9 going MAC only... then they would have to only worry about one type/maker of a machine... ableton as a company are facing a do or die situation... i rather they take thier time... to insure a "do"... just imagine all the different combination they have to test... NI, steinberg, propellerheads, specstrasonics, hp, dell, roll yourself machine, etc... that is a lot testing that has to get done...

unless you want another live 8 again... some are waiting 2 years for it to be stable...

just some food for thought!!!!

antarktika

Re: half baked ableton live 9 or willing to wait?

Post by antarktika » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:33 pm

They should absolutely rush it out, I mean, that worked fine with Live 8, right?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:40 pm

junk food for thought. :roll:
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:34 pm

I think the issue is not when live 9, but if at all is what's concerning users.
http://theconsolationproject.bandcamp.com
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:38 pm

concern or curiosity?

concern is a bit dramatical, isn't it?
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:40 pm

willing to wait or not...you will wait

rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:48 pm

Tone Deft wrote:concern or curiosity?

concern is a bit dramatical, isn't it?
No, it's accurate. Read the forums a little more to see what I'm saying.
http://theconsolationproject.bandcamp.com
Influenced by The Cure, Smiths, early Verve, My Bloody Valentine, Radiohead, Red House Painters, Cocteau Twins, The Church.

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:53 pm

I'll take half baked. As long as there's 64 bit in it. I'll take that any time.
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

HeadrickProductions

Post by HeadrickProductions » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:05 pm

chelemasty wrote:I'll take half baked. As long as there's 64 bit in it. I'll take that any time.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but can't imagine that Ableton would make the same mistake that they made with live 8.

I'm guessing that you don't perform live. Some of us need this thing to be rock solid so we can play live without worry of crashes that so many people had in the beginning of live 8.

There are many DAW's out there that are much better for studio use that are 64 bit. I think that Pro tools and Live are the last one that are 32 bit.

I still don't think we will see live 9 for sale until this summer so they can get some bugs out before X-mas
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:39 pm

HeadrickProductions wrote:
chelemasty wrote:I'll take half baked. As long as there's 64 bit in it. I'll take that any time.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but can't imagine that Ableton would make the same mistake that they made with live 8.

I'm guessing that you don't perform live. Some of us need this thing to be rock solid so we can play live without worry of crashes that so many people had in the beginning of live 8.

There are many DAW's out there that are much better for studio use that are 64 bit. I think that Pro tools and Live are the last one that are 32 bit.

I still don't think we will see live 9 for sale until this summer so they can get some bugs out before X-mas

Uh, I use Live for Live purposes and I do production with it too. And yes, most likely I'm thinking it will come out around summer also. But the half baked that I mean is a stable 64 bit software with just a few features. Also, I want them to release a teaser much sooner, you know, just to let us know where we at right now. Beta testing after that, and Summer release.
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

ollyb303

Post by ollyb303 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:42 pm

Don't care.
.:O:B:1:.
ob1techno.com

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:04 am

rpc9943 wrote:Read the forums a little more to see what I'm saying.
did you really write that?

read the forums more? are you fucking serious? that's like asking Whitney Houston to do more crack.

(too soon to joke about her?)
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:20 am

studiologic wrote:lets say ableton anounced ableton live 9 tomorrow... but it did not work on your machine... or one of you vsts worked in live 8 but not in live 9... would you rather wait to help insure all the testing has been done... or how about ableton live 9 going MAC only... then they would have to only worry about one type/maker of a machine... ableton as a company are facing a do or die situation... i rather they take thier time... to insure a "do"... just imagine all the different combination they have to test... NI, steinberg, propellerheads, specstrasonics, hp, dell, roll yourself machine, etc... that is a lot testing that has to get done...

unless you want another live 8 again... some are waiting 2 years for it to be stable...

just some food for thought!!!!
going mac only?
why?
are you in some exclusive club?
why not go windows only?

yeah,
exactly.
now you see how ridiculous that idea was.

studiologic

Post by studiologic » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:27 pm

in theory all MAC are the same... component wise... there are a trillion one windows configurations...

JuanSOLO

Post by JuanSOLO » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:43 pm

I'd rather see Ableton exercise paitience to excecute a solid version inspite of the impractical desires of needy users who have been corrupted with this Internet since of instant gratification.