Korg nanoKontrol 2 custom MIDI Remote Script

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
GUY SMILEY

Re: Korg nanoKontrol 2 custom MIDI Remote Script

Post by GUY SMILEY » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:17 pm

Bollsing2000 wrote:Hi,
It seems that this is what I'm looking for. But...

I tried to install it as described above. Before I set the nanokontrol to factory settings with the Korg Kontrol Editor. Only one rotation knob was working and not behaving as expected. I'm using a Mac - could this be the reason? Are there any further settings I can try to make it work? Any suggestions will be acknowledged.
I had a few problems getting that aspect of it to work.
It will take a few attempts to load the new scene set (that is to say the one contained within the zip file you downloaded) and you have to be sure to open it, and then upload it to the unit, and then close the editor programme. If you indecisively flit between uploading scene set and the scene data (as I did because I couldn't work out the difference) you won't have written the correct midi assignements to the unit.

It sounds as if you're exactly where I was (same stumbling block I mean).
Run a factory reset on the Korg (which from memory is holding down stop and scene simultaneously - you'll have to check the manual) then open the included set file. then upload to unit. that should sort it. It's unlikely there are any problems beyond just getting the correct cc number assignments onto the unit , from what you're describing. Hope that helps. It's a great script full kudos (and many thanks) to the guy who wrote it.. Makes Ableton a lot more usable for me.

Bollsing2000

Post by Bollsing2000 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:54 pm

I got it running. Thanks you GUY SMILEY - the hint with the factory setting helped. Before I used the Kontrol Editor to restore the factory setting but that did not work. Afterwards the script was working. So another thanks goes to SBRK.

Amyas_Wilson

Post by Amyas_Wilson » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:42 pm

First of all, THANKS A LOT, this configuration makes the Nanokontrol what it should be, its awesome for live performing with different sends!
One thing that would be great:

Since the Nanokontrol is in the "Live" Mackie control mode you cant change the Maximum value in the device editor which is a problem for live performance.
Do you think you could change the max value to 100 (->0 DB), so you can push the volume faders to the edge, without clipping... would be very helpful for quick live sessions.

cheers from germany

amyas

Muzik 4 Machines

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:09 pm

any chance of having the .py not compiled files as there is no way to adjust those

arriflex

Post by arriflex » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:26 pm

I like this script!

Couple quick questions- how do I control the master fader?

Also, what do the cycle and set buttons do?

Is there a way to change which send the know is affecting?

arriflex

Post by arriflex » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:18 pm

Live has gotten very crashy on me now....happens a lot when I hit the Stop button....like, every 10 minutes or so. Anyone else see this?

Tomavatars

Post by Tomavatars » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:54 pm

Up ! Do you know how to change the behaviour of the track selection? I would like that when I move a fader of the nanokontrol it doesn't select the track of the fader I use. Like the apc 40.

subunit23

Post by subunit23 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:59 pm

the link provided at the beginning of this thread doesn't work anymore. could someone please re-up the script somewhere?

jonbongjovi

Post by jonbongjovi » Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:53 am

bump.. please re-up this was a great little script!..

polinom

Post by polinom » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:51 am

hello everyone! it would be my question how I have 2 nanokorg Kontrol and I would like to use them at the same time but when I try to mapping something the same fader/knob is enter.

darkenedsoul

Post by darkenedsoul » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:01 pm

polinom wrote:hello everyone! it would be my question how I have 2 nanokorg Kontrol and I would like to use them at the same time but when I try to mapping something the same fader/knob is enter.
Use a different MIDI channel perhaps on different tracks.
http://www.darkenedsoul.net - main website
Ableton Live 8.x/9.x : NI Komplete 8 : Home built 4690K 16GB 500GB SSD, 1TB 7200, 2x2TB.

störgeräusche

Post by störgeräusche » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:42 pm

is there a way to have only one mod to the mackie control script, TO AVOID PARAMETER JUMPS OF THE FADER.
I hate when I set say track 5, then go to next 8 tracks (9 to 16), now track 5 is 13 and the level on live's mixer no longer corresponds to the level of the fader on the nanokontrol 2... and it jumps as soon as I touch it.
any workaround to this?
thanks
soundcloud
website

Live Suite 9 - Komplete 9 - Waldorf Largo & Edition - Elektron Analog Rytm - Push 1&2- Launch Control & XL -
Adam P33A

SBRK

Post by SBRK » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:09 am

Unfortunately, my Mediafire account was deleted, with everything that was on it. I since then formated my system, and it seems I did not keep the source to my script. I didn't even keep the compiled script itself :/ Could anyone send it to me so I can use it ? Thanks

SBRK

Post by SBRK » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:03 pm

There you go.
http://cl.ly/L0yU
I retrieved the script thanks to phil archer :)

getafilp

Post by getafilp » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:40 pm

SBRK - tnx for sharing your script, the NanoKontrol got new life!!!
was looking for something like this for long time, and finally i found it couple weeks ago :)

you should continue this project and make few more changes to your script, to add more control like you said in your first post...

ps - if someone modify\improve this script, it would be nice if they can share it here as well :)