Any news about TitWig?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
Forge.

Re: Any news about TitWig?

Post by Forge. » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:27 am

beats me wrote:
Forge. wrote:shit... just for fun I did a search for titbag to see how long ago his last post was - it was may 2009 http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?p=909672#p909672

but there were 5 pages of people talking about him for the next 3 years after that before I got to him! 8O

Those were some heady times. If there was a wikipedia page for TITBAG it would tell you that TITBAG was actually the brain trust of more than one forum member. The password baton was passed on several times with the understanding that the current user would stick to the TITBAG paradigm. True story.
are you revealing that you once had the privilege? 8O

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:32 am

beats, myself, and 4 others are sworn to secrecy.

Oops!

:oops:

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:39 am

:lol:

then there's no reason he might not mysteriously re-appear at some point.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:53 am

bring him back!
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:01 am

beats me wrote:
Forge. wrote:shit... just for fun I did a search for titbag to see how long ago his last post was - it was may 2009 http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?p=909672#p909672

but there were 5 pages of people talking about him for the next 3 years after that before I got to him! 8O

Those were some heady times. If there was a wikipedia page for TITBAG it would tell you that TITBAG was actually the brain trust of more than one forum member. The password baton was passed on several times with the understanding that the current user would stick to the TITBAG paradigm. True story.
this is comedic genius right here, it only crossed my mind that it may have been more than one person after i read this thread. why was the account deleted? some one needs to pass the torch on until he rules not just the ableton forum but the whole internet.
there could be a youtube channel for him, colognes, hats, night clubs, private jets.. this is a whole abandoned enterprise.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:31 am

Titbag.. Now that was a caracter!
+1 for a return, of cource.

Another personality gone missing is Bounce! :)

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:04 am

ze2be wrote: Another personality gone missing is Bounce! :)
nah we don't want him back.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:24 am

Forge. wrote:
Correction, you don't want him back. I'll have to agree with dhilsabeck on this one.
You take things too personally on the internet, that's pretty much interweb rule #1 broken.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:47 am

Machinesworking wrote:
Forge. wrote:
Correction, you don't want him back. I'll have to agree with dhilsabeck on this one.
You take things too personally on the internet, that's pretty much interweb rule #1 broken.
nah... there's a big difference between regular trolling and people deliberately bringing personal shit up a year later that's best left buried, and following you from thread to thread just to make sure nobody misses it.

I really go out of my way not to fuck with people personally. To me that's a sign of character. I treat people the same on the internet as I do in real life. I don't see it as some kind of pathetic outlet to act like a prick.

He's a weak cunt actually, because he NEVER once was open about who he really is. I actually have to be up front about who I am because Ableton is a big part of what I do for a living, hence why I maybe do take it a bit more seriously at times...but he never once let anything out about himself in all the years he was here. You really respect cowards like that?

BTW - what exactly do you agree with dhilsabeck on? you really think I got him banned?? I'm flattered you think my opinion holds that much importance at Ableton HQ, but it really doesn't.

Anyway who said I was including you in the "we"? Come to think of it I know fuck all about you too. :P :wink:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:35 am

Forge. wrote:
Machinesworking wrote: Correction, you don't want him back. I'll have to agree with dhilsabeck on this one.
nah... there's a big difference between regular trolling and people deliberately bringing personal shit up a year later that's best left buried, and following you from thread to thread just to make sure nobody misses it.

I really go out of my way not to fuck with people personally. To me that's a sign of character. I treat people the same on the internet as I do in real life. I don't see it as some kind of pathetic outlet to act like a prick.

He's a weak cunt actually, because he NEVER once was open about who he really is. I actually have to be up front about who I am because Ableton is a big part of what I do for a living, hence why I maybe do take it a bit more seriously at times...but he never once let anything out about himself in all the years he was here. You really respect cowards like that?

BTW - what exactly do you agree with dhilsabeck on? you really think I got him banned?? I'm flattered you think my opinion holds that much importance at Ableton HQ, but it really doesn't.

Anyway who said I was including you in the "we"? Come to think of it I know fuck all about you too. :P :wink:
Way to prove my point. Look you never liked the guy, you guys weren't buddies from the start, and that was the case way before you drunkenly posted a bunch of emo crap and he baited you with it. I'm easy to find, personally way too easy for my taste considering how many people get their feelings hurt because they constantly talk before thinking. Kind of like this:
Anyway who said I was including you in the "we"?
You wonder why you and bounce/dum clashed?
English is not your second language and we are not in high school.
Your "click" doesn't interest me and that rational right there is what set you off with bounce.
Here's the gist of it though, you and others are not "we", yet you attempt to set a homogenous climate here.
Bounce may have been ugly at times but he had color, this is bland.

If you really think that anonymity is a bad thing then I feel even less sorry for you. Guns are a bad thing, so is muscle mass, wealth, position, shear size, and bloodthirstiness. There are people bigger and smarter than you in life, that's how it works. I have no doubt that you poked back just as hard as you could at bounce, the thing is if you don't want a debate/argument/flame war with someone don't provoke them, and ignore them. If you engage someone, or in this case if you "gloat" after PMing the mods here probably more than once about someone who's not able to reply to your comments, then you're asking for people to call you out as what you are, a "tattle tale" who's reveling in their little "win".

Here's a big surprise I learned in real life with flesh and blood friends, not every one of your friends will like each other, this isn't due to them being "bad", but because what you like in one person will not be the same things that your friend may look for in a person. So, there are at least ten people of the "regulars here that were entertained by bounce, so your "we" becomes even weaker...

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:58 am

Machinesworking wrote:...

If you really think that anonymity is a bad thing then I feel even less sorry for you. Guns are a bad thing, so is muscle mass, wealth, position, shear size, and bloodthirstiness. ......
whoa, what?

ze2be

Post by ze2be » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:07 am

Just for the record I dont personally miss him. I was being ironic, but agree he contributed to adding spice in the forum. Its been a bit dead in that department since the cleanup of the forum. (spliting up General, mods etc) But it is two fold. Its cleaner and easier to navigate and respond to technical threads.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:14 pm

This was TITBAG's very first post, and what a gem it was...

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... nt#p483772

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:31 pm

If I understand correctly, the Reign of TITBAG ended when dom (?) really started to clamp down on the forum. It was the height of forum strife - with members leaving left and right and/or getting banned. One member got called out publically by dom for using a mult (can't remember the user!) to argue points in threads, and shortly after that TITBAG was no more.

dom / ableton did a basic login/IP search and quite easily figured out which members were logging-in using the TITBAG moniker. emails were sent out basically telling those folks that TITBAG was retiring, and that if any member disagreed they would have to face off against Henke in a dithering contest.

:x

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:26 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:This was TITBAG's very first post, and what a gem it was...

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... nt#p483772

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I bet anything that was one of yours. The style, content, everything! ;-)