T-Racks 3 Deluxe Group Buy.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
robbmasters

Re: T-Racks 3 Deluxe Group Buy.

Post by robbmasters » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:50 pm

Sounds like a good deal, but my previous experience of IK Multimedia means I won't be taking it up.

They've provided no SampleTank bug fixes at all for almost two years, yet they've know about at least one critical bug (the one that affects my system) for even longer. All they can say is that they might fix the problem in the next version (whenever that comes out...)

Instead of making their existing products work, all they seem to care about is launching new products to capture new markets.

I'm not prepared to any waste more money with a company that treats its customers so disrespectfully.

It's a shame. If they had better support, I'd have already bought both T-racks and ARC...
OS X, Live 9, Microbook II

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:39 pm

i posted about these t racks things before....

anyway, i won the mastering deluxe thing in a prize draw at the ableton apple store meetup the other year. i have them installed on my laptop and pc and they initially caused live to crash quite a bit then it just got worse, eventually to the point that live wouldn't even open some of the sets that had them in, then one or two sets completely disappeared (and still remain to be found) then live wouldn't even see them in its vst folder, even though they are plainly there in the windows browser

i sent plenty emails back and forth to both ableton and IK and to be fair both sides have been quite helpful, though the problem still remains unresolved. i tried loads and loads of possible solutions but nothing worked and i eventually gave up trying to use them in ableton and opted for the workaround of using them in reaper, where they work fine, no problems whatsoever.

i really like them though, especially the vintage eq. it just means my current working method is to make a complete piece in ableton, then render each track out as a big fat wav then put them all in reaper and do the mastering from there

Tysonviolin

Post by Tysonviolin » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:44 pm

Not sure why you guys get crashes. I use 3 macbook pros onstage with live 8 and all of them run the 3 band limiter on the output in realtime. Just awesome.

IP

Post by IP » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:33 pm

most problems are windows only..
the combination windowsVista+ & Live xx & IK = no love

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:25 pm

IP wrote:most problems are windows only..
the combination windowsVista+ & Live xx & IK = no love

I'm on windows 7, no problems at all, I've had the classic eq and comp for quite a time.

Slatepipe, have you tried the latest version? They updated it last year.

memoryshell

Post by memoryshell » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:55 pm

Not defending ableton or ik multimedia, but wasn't vista more or less a hugely bug-ridden failure?

I never heard anyone say anything good about it, and a lot of music production softwares had problems running smoothly and error-free on it, from what I was told.

Though the above statement is not based on first hand experience, since I went straight from xp to windows 7, and I dont use my windows laptop for production anyway.

memoryshell

Post by memoryshell » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:59 pm

.. And 94 to go for the free single :D

robbmasters

Post by robbmasters » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:13 pm

memoryshell wrote:Not defending ableton or ik multimedia, but wasn't vista more or less a hugely bug-ridden failure?
Maybe. But IK meant major issues for me in XP too.
OS X, Live 9, Microbook II

slatepipe

Post by slatepipe » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:28 pm

twisted-space wrote: Slatepipe, have you tried the latest version? They updated it last year.
not sure. i'll have a look. cheers

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:56 am

Another gentle bump.
The group buy has been extended 'till march 31st and currently needs ~500 more for 2 free compressors.

You'll get T-Racks 3 Deluxe, Black 76 and white 2A for $199/€149 or $99/€79 as a crossgrade from almost any paid for IK product.

see the list of NOT useable stuff earlier in this thread.

memoryshell

Post by memoryshell » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:29 pm

Was gonna bump this thread with info about the extension, but you beat me to it this time. Touche! :)

mharris

Post by mharris » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:49 pm

Has anybody actually done the crossgrade offer by simply buying one of their cheaper products first?

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:54 pm

I already had a cheaper product, but I crossgraded.
Do you mean buy something cheap now, so you can crossgrade?

memoryshell wrote:Was gonna bump this thread with info about the extension, but you beat me to it this time. Touche! :)

:D

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:33 pm

Another bump.

Less than 300 to go.

theophilus

Post by theophilus » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:36 pm

yeah, esoundz has a deal where you buy one of their xpansion tanks (expansion for the free sampletank) for $10 and then you can use it to get the t-racks crossgrade for $99. not bad if you don't already have anything.

someone said there's some other ipad app you can get for 1.99 that also qualifies, if you have an ipod/ipad (i don't).