midi recording in loops

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
ian_halsall

midi recording in loops

Post by ian_halsall » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:36 pm

I am sure this is a stupid question but after years of using cubase I am finding the loop recording a but counterintuitive.

Is it possible to set live up so that the beat counter in the midi editor is aligned with the main arrangement?

I start recording in loop at bar 3 and then I edit the clip and it has a start marker of like 3.2 and if I carry on recording/looping it moves on and on.

Even if I record right on the beat there seems to be like a mirror copy of the clip at bar 1 in the editor but it's actually playing the stuff at bar 3.

It's confusing - for me.

hendrikstudio

Re: midi recording in loops

Post by hendrikstudio » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:06 pm

maybe it is the best you give the integrated tutorial a try.. my prog is german, so i cant give you the correct spelling..

go at help( should be last register/tab -if you use windows) click on the top maybe its called help-view?

than u get an option of many tutorials for beginners.. try "A tour in Live #" this shows you how to come around with the basic stuff you want to know.. don't worry its easy going.

ian_halsall

Re: midi recording in loops

Post by ian_halsall » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:41 am

I don't think this is in the tutorial and tbh I don't really consider myself a total beginner...