Why does sustain stick when it wasn't used?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
neyko

Why does sustain stick when it wasn't used?

Post by neyko » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:10 pm

On certain midi clips where there was no sustain pedal used, the clip will suddenly hold the notes, sustaining them.

I have attempted to go to envelopes C64 (there is no sustain shown) and raise the envelope and delete it, but this does not help.

There are no aoutmated parameters on the track.

Does X Fade Assign have anything to do with this? I do not find it in the manual.
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159721

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 0&start=15

From previous posts this seems to be an ongoing problem bug with no solution.

This is becoming incredibly frustrating. If anyone has any suggestions, they would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Live 8 Suite iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core Duo 2GB RAM & Macbook - 4gig RAM - Snow Leopard OS X - 2.4 Ghz - Apogee Duet - M-Audio Oxygen 49 - M-Audio 88es - Akai APC 40, Focusrite Saffire Firewire

Vios

Re: Why does sustain stick when it wasn't used?

Post by Vios » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:22 pm

What instruments/plugins are you using? If you're using VSTs, could be a programming error. I get a similar problem when I use more than one SFZ Soundfont VST instruments at one time.

My solution is to freeze all but the particular MIDI track I'm working on.

Hope this offers some help,
-V

neyko

Post by neyko » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:25 pm

No VSTs on this one. All Ableton synths. I will give it a try, though. Thanks.

I thought it might be the m-audio 88ES is somhow sending a signal.

That doesn't make sense as that track is not armed.

Perhaps there was something played prior on that track that is triggering it?

But then why would the midi part play fine - I even bounced the tracks to wav and then on a subsequent playback suddenly hold?

Again, I can't help but think it is the m-audio board but wouldn't all the tracks containing midi hold?

:?: :roll: :|
Live 8 Suite iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core Duo 2GB RAM & Macbook - 4gig RAM - Snow Leopard OS X - 2.4 Ghz - Apogee Duet - M-Audio Oxygen 49 - M-Audio 88es - Akai APC 40, Focusrite Saffire Firewire

neyko

Post by neyko » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:57 pm

I think have found the answer. The very first clip on the track, the sustain envelope remains up. This affects the rest of the track.

This despite the clips not being visually connected.