iPad

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
beats me

Re: iPad

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:47 pm

Apparently there’s some big Android shindig going down and Apple fucked it all up with their keynote invite, once again making Apple the only tech people want to talk about, and allegedly they did it on purpose by sending the invite a day earlier than they have in the past. :lol:

Apple: sore winner. :x

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:21 pm

Maybe we could use this keynote strategy to buy time in nuclear crises, etc.. Speculation would keep us all busy. :x

steko

Post by steko » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:10 pm

Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Stampede is a funny word. I'm going to use it more often.

I’m shocked how many people are already unloading their current iPad without even knowing the availability of the new iPad, and more importantly how could they even survive for more than a few hours without an iPad? :x

Pants stampede. :x

steko

Post by steko » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:25 pm

:lol:
Rahad Jackson wrote:My Awesome Mix Tape #6

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:19 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... s2oYUy_cVY

8O

starving student would still want a usb port. :x

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:39 am

Ed was right, there's magic in magnets!

The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:55 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:21 pm

There'd better be something more to the iPad3 than just retina. Don't talk to me about more processing power because 1/2 that new juice will be used to fucking POWER that new retina display. :x The overall processing speed available for any app is going to be the same - you'll just have the potential for better graphics. If the devs actually do it. I'm also curious about using a current resolution app: will the processor know this and allocate that extra power to make the app faster than it currently is on an iPad2? Or will that retina simply always require the extra juice?

And will app devs be rushing to create iPad3 only apps anytime soon? Nay. They wouldn't dare leave out the bazillions of people that have an iPad2. :x

No home button is cool. It then becomes about as pure an object as Man has ever created. :x

True pressure sensitive glass would have been amazing, but Apple's still sitting on that tech. :x

At this point in the life of the iPad, speed and memory and screen resolution will be the remaining native improvements. Now it's time for Apple to really get busy with the larger ecosystem story:

Where is my cool little Apple iAirPlay box that's no larger than the AirPortExpress, but can run an HDMI cable to a tv and create it's own localized wifi? Instant AirPlay anywhere. :x

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:03 pm

I hope they put a speaker where the home button was.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:32 pm

Tarekith wrote:I hope they put a speaker where the home button was.

You're baiting me.

:x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:13 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:There'd better be something more to the iPad3 than just retina. Don't talk to me about more processing power because 1/2 that new juice will be used to fucking POWER that new retina display. :x The overall processing speed available for any app is going to be the same - you'll just have the potential for better graphics. If the devs actually do it. I'm also curious about using a current resolution app: will the processor know this and allocate that extra power to make the app faster than it currently is on an iPad2? Or will that retina simply always require the extra juice?

And will app devs be rushing to create iPad3 only apps anytime soon? Nay. They wouldn't dare leave out the bazillions of people that have an iPad2. :x

No home button is cool. It then becomes about as pure an object as Man has ever created. :x

True pressure sensitive glass would have been amazing, but Apple's still sitting on that tech. :x

At this point in the life of the iPad, speed and memory and screen resolution will be the remaining native improvements. Now it's time for Apple to really get busy with the larger ecosystem story:

Where is my cool little Apple iAirPlay box that's no larger than the AirPortExpress, but can run an HDMI cable to a tv and create it's own localized wifi? Instant AirPlay anywhere. :x

I don’t have high expectations for the iPad 3, but for the first time ever I realize I can be part of groundbreaking history and I was there from day 1. For this reason I need to have at least one configuration of every iPad ever released. There’s far more pointless shit people collect. :x

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:24 pm

So there’s a new Mac app that allows you to airplay to a Mac. There’s an older app I was using but it’s not all that reliable. This new one seems to be getting more press and interestingly it’s being sold on the Mac App Store. Some are wondering if it’s some kind of violation and it will get pulled, and really, why isn’t this already part of Lion? :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:56 pm

beats me wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:First major launch without Steve. Hoping that they'll start the thing out with some little tribute.

They'd better.

We'd better also see some of this new found passion on the part of Tim Cook.

And there better be a choreographed opening ceremony featuring Foxconn employees that rivals the opening of the Beijing Olympics.

i think it i will be a twenty one employee salute. after the 21 *thuds* just a few moments later, they'll get to business.

:x <--- :?:

Q: what's the last thing that goes through Mr. Wong's mind when he hits the ground?

A: his ass hole

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:36 pm

yes theres going to be a BASE jumping demo from the foxconn roof

a toddler parade with st. steve effigy + ritual effigy tar-n-feathering

a booth where employees can see apple products turned on for the first time

+ much more....