Live 9 likely launch date...?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
squelcht

Re: Live 9 likely launch date...?

Post by squelcht » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:43 pm

23kon wrote:Ableton: "We know it's tough to wait, and while we're working on some exciting things..."

Ableton DAW for Quadcore iPad3 that will be announced later this week? ....
Thought the same thing.

nowtime

Post by nowtime » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:54 pm

Intuition says about one month from now and it will be announced with a set of new kickass controllers. Poor guys over there must be coming out of their skins wanting to share this.

nowtime

Post by nowtime » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:58 pm

I would be willing to bet that the new Live will have a new drum device with dedicated hardware

jestermgee

Post by jestermgee » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:23 am

I work primarily in a sales and support role and Ableton are a business and need to make $$$$. I can agree that not releasing ANY information about what they are up to can lead people into thinking they don't care but in a business such as the DAW Wars you cannot really blame them for not wanting to offer suggestions to other software manufacturers about what they could add in their software.

The other thing is that if they announced features like this:

- Multi-monitor Support
- 64bit operation
- Nested Grouped tracks

.... And Many More in the next version of live

How many potential newcomers would just hold out for the next release? If there isn't cash coming in then you cannot pay the people to develop the software.

I paid $470 for the FULL NEW version of Suite Boxed from a Launchpad Lite version upgrade by taking advantage of a 25% off special... There are loads of features I would love to see but for the money I paid I will be quite happy to just work within the limits until they are ready to release more features.

Just think, to re-write a code base from a 32 bit to a 64bit system and not compile any further bugs is a HUGE task. It takes a LONG time. Maybe, there is some insight to what may be happening.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:07 am

Plenty of companies announce their new DAW while it's in beta.
MOTU announced Live 8 and a few of the features it will have for instance, so did Bitwig.
Ableton is secretive because Ableton is secretive.

My guess is we won't see a Live 9 announcement until Bitwig Studio is in beta testing.
Also quite honestly they might be scrambling to add in a feature or two that BWS has that are creating a buzz.

cids

Post by cids » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:38 pm

Let's stop the Live 9 posts! What's the use of this...?
Mac Studio M2 Max and MacBook Pro M1

Genelec M030; Live 11.3.x and Live 12; macOS Sonoma

UAD Apollo Twin

Ableton Push 2

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Since it’s a complete rewrite they’re dreading sharing the fact that none of your old Live sets will open in it. :lol: :lol:

:x

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:31 pm

I'm gonna say late-summer beta-testing begins....
ImageImage

Hermanus

Post by Hermanus » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:47 pm

They are just waiting to see how it will go after december 2012 :mrgreen:

simpleton

Post by simpleton » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:53 pm

April 2014
The Leveller wrote:Wow, a weird shaped dead coral with sh!t stuck to it. Proof indeed of supernatural abilities.

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:48 am

it could be worse... not like we are waiting for some word on half life 3. now those guys have got it rough.

Evengy

Post by Evengy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:09 am

why should they rewrite live? doesn´t it working in the most cases? =D there will ever be bugs in software.

do some of you guys really think, that they pay their employees three years long for nothing? i think they will come with something big, long and thick. maybe some new clothes and new shoes for running faster. many improvements in all areas.

another thing is, that other companies release an update for 64bit natural. it is possible for ableton too, especially since customers want it so hard (over 2 years?). imo the only reason why they hesitate is, that they have really, really, really something BIG, LONG and THICK or as simple as it is -> they wanna release it "complete" and earn alot of money because everyone needs this update ;)

skatr2

Post by skatr2 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:47 pm

There are many features that users have requested through 8 that ableton has stated would require a ground up rewrite. This is longer than normal wait is why most are hoping 9 will be this holy grail pie in the sky and at the same time treat 8 like its something they were force fed and can hardly stand to look at (even though they chose to pay for it). People need to get a grip and either be more choosy with what they spend good money on. If live 8 is not meeting your expectations...shoulda done more research. If it is meeting it for the time being then congrats...keep doing what your doing until you can't do it anymore.

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:12 pm

skatr2 wrote:be more choosy with what they spend good money on.
What about bad money?

beats me

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Evengy wrote:why should they rewrite live? doesn´t it working in the most cases? =D there will ever be bugs in software.

Ableton has admitted that they can’t implement certain requested features like session view automation without doing a complete rewrite.