I want to loop without warp

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Hermanus

Re: I want to loop without warp

Post by Hermanus » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:38 pm

try Complex or complex Pro mode.
You could be very satisfied with the result

andrewbrewer

Post by andrewbrewer » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Some other options to explore: put the sample in simpler ( or sampler) and set your clip to be a midi clip with one note. Many options to transpose: pitch bend, automation, and others. It is possible to get an infinite loop if you set the clip loop brace to start AFTER note start and end BEFORE note end. Pull the clip play arrow to start when the note starts. I use this technique for background textures intended to play forever and loop out of sync free form. Let's you have the freedom to control the sample in simpler, including automating simpler's loop and loop crossfade. It kinda sounded like you were trying to do something akin to this.

madlab

Post by madlab » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:44 am

The topic drifts away from its title. I'd like to be able to simply loop a clip in session mode without warping it. I use looping in session mode for my theater work quite often to create background textures. But I really don't need warping for this kind of use. I know beat mode is supposed not to degrade audio when I don't change the tempo but it's a hassle to have to set the clip tempo to the current project tempo each time I want to do this.
Aboard from V. 1
MBP M1 Pro 2021 - 16 Go RAM - Monterey 12.6.3
MBP 2.5 Ghz I7 16 Go SSD OSX 10.14
iPad + Mira+ TouchOsc
RME FF UC Live 11.3.21 M4L Max 8
Band : https://elastocat.org/
Madlab sound unit / objects, guitar, electronics / end_of_transmission

prebentious

Post by prebentious » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:02 am

the best bet might be to throw the loop into simpler and control the transposition there

pepezabala

Post by pepezabala » Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:45 am

the best would be to be able to set loop points on an unwarped clip. and be able to scrub an unwarped clip, or play from any position within the file by clicking on the waveform.

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:17 pm

madlab wrote:The topic drifts away from its title. I'd like to be able to simply loop a clip in session mode without warping it. I use looping in session mode for my theater work quite often to create background textures. But I really don't need warping for this kind of use. I know beat mode is supposed not to degrade audio when I don't change the tempo but it's a hassle to have to set the clip tempo to the current project tempo each time I want to do this.
you can do it using 'follow actions' ...

the looping part is still gonna be bound to bar/beat ..
if you know the original bpm..
you can change it with scene naming while launching a clip..
so it shouldn't be a problem ..