Ability to warp audio in Simpler / Sampler

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Nomaly

Re: Ability to warp audio in Simpler / Sampler

Post by Nomaly » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:36 am

Yes! This would be so handy. The power of warp plus the abilities of simpler. Needed :D

matthewmilk

Post by matthewmilk » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:22 pm

+1

hatefish

Post by hatefish » Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:57 am

+1000

jenz

Post by jenz » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:36 am

Would be perfect!!!

jasper

Post by jasper » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:29 pm

+1

marra

Post by marra » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:59 pm

*bump*

format6

Post by format6 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:32 pm

+1

Shesh

Post by Shesh » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:57 pm

+1,000,000

I'd be happy to pay to have this feature added in an update.

Can't justify the expense of Kontakt just for this feature.

tobpA

Post by tobpA » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:17 am

+1

deaddisneyy

Post by deaddisneyy » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:22 pm

+2 (me and my girlfriend)

mrcheeky

Post by mrcheeky » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:14 pm

+1

prebentious

Post by prebentious » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:02 am

+1

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:42 am

+1

But you can do timestretch (not warp) using Impulse!

I think Sampler is a bit of a joke tbh - it's sold with these great videos by Henke and Thavius Beck and you're like "wow that's cool" and then you buy it and you can't automate the stuff they show you.

Sampler sucks big time - I use Simpler (for sample start/end modulation) and Kontakt for 'proper' sampling.

Sampler is useful for pianos and converting drum racks which use Simpler to reverse your sample.

Sampler - a huge missed opportunity - a really crap implementation.

etheory

Post by etheory » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:23 am

How would the warping work?
Everyone has said that they want it but there isn't a single description of HOW it would work.
If I was a software engineer reading this feature request, I would definitely ignore it, as there isn't any hint as to what you actually mean.

But I'll hazard a guess.

When you click on a sampler/simpler sample window, an extra icon comes up, similar to the swap sample icon, then creates a new track in live, that contains just the sample you are editing (kind of like how spectrum can add an extra area when you work on it at full width).

In that extra track (a "special track" or whatever you want to call it, maybe it can be always at the bottom and in a different color, or non-scrollable always displayed at the bottom), you can edit/cut/move/do anything you can in a "normal" track.

Then you can "collect" those changes back into the sampler/simpler window as the new sample. This would allow you to add anything you wanted to that track, such as warping, and have it accepted in the sampler/simpler sample, and used directly.

Does that cover it? Is that what you all mean? Or something else? Care to be more specific?

I agree with you all 100%, but it's really unclear as to how someone could actually implement it based on a page of +1's.

my2c.
evolutionary-theory
- Film Visual Effects Core RnD Programmer / Artist
- Freelance Music Composition

http://www.evolutionary-theory.com - website coming soon
http://soundcloud.com/evolutionarytheory
http://www.facebook.com/pages/evolution ... 7958952413

ian_halsall

Post by ian_halsall » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:00 am

etheory wrote:How would the warping work?
Everyone has said that they want it but there isn't a single description of HOW it would work.
If I was a software engineer reading this feature request, I would definitely ignore it, as there isn't any hint as to what you actually mean.

But I'll hazard a guess.

When you click on a sampler/simpler sample window, an extra icon comes up, similar to the swap sample icon, then creates a new track in live, that contains just the sample you are editing (kind of like how spectrum can add an extra area when you work on it at full width).

In that extra track (a "special track" or whatever you want to call it, maybe it can be always at the bottom and in a different color, or non-scrollable always displayed at the bottom), you can edit/cut/move/do anything you can in a "normal" track.

Then you can "collect" those changes back into the sampler/simpler window as the new sample. This would allow you to add anything you wanted to that track, such as warping, and have it accepted in the sampler/simpler sample, and used directly.

Does that cover it? Is that what you all mean? Or something else? Care to be more specific?

I agree with you all 100%, but it's really unclear as to how someone could actually implement it based on a page of +1's.

my2c.
You just add a dial to Sampler - one dial for each sample preferably - not on the whole instrument but this is not crucial.

This dial has time % - default 100 - can go to 1 and 1000 or something - this is the stretch - just like Kontakt.

They can just copy one of the other implementations out there - there are loads....