Combining MP3s

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
lemon2

Combining MP3s

Post by lemon2 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:57 am

Hi,

I am a complete beginner to Ableton and there are a couple of things I would like to do.

PROBLEM #1
ImageI have three MP3s, and I would like to create an MP3 file in which MP3 #1 and MP3 #2 play at the same time, and this combined sound is then smoothly crossfaded into MP3 #3.

PROBLEM #2
ImageI have one MP3 that I want to remove the into, bridge section and outro of. So the MP3 plays the first main song section with no intro, then crossfades smoothly into the second main song section with no bridge, and then ends 'abruptly' with no outro.

Could anyone tell/show me how I could do this on Ableton or what tools I could use?

Many thanks in advance.

yur2die4

Re: Combining MP3s

Post by yur2die4 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:46 am

First learn how to warp tracks. From there you can play around on Arrangement View (including snipping various parts), and if you like, jam live in Session View.

Thing is, Live does not render as mp3. You would have to record in a different format and then convert.

Start with warping though. If your tracks are not properly warped, splitting parts is a lot harder than it should be.

Oh, and I admire your knack for diagrams haha. Welcome aboard!