create sample from chopped sample?

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
spiffincat

create sample from chopped sample?

Post by spiffincat » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:24 pm

Hi all,

I'm using a mac with Live 8.2.7. Fairly new at this but getting through trial and error and some good tips here. Thanks all.

I'm unable to find what I'm sure is a pretty simple thing to do but I'm missing.

I am starting to have fun with warping samples and with chopping them. I want to use a piece of a chopped sample to stretch it, but I don't know how to do those this to the bit I've chopped unless it's in sampler and I don't know how to get it there, if that's the right way.

Any advice?

Thanks in advance all.

simmerdown

Re: create sample from chopped sample?

Post by simmerdown » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:36 pm

you could bring it out into a clip and stretch it there with warping, or hit the lil +2 button a few times

for major stretching Paulstretch (stand-alone free stretcher) is the shixzzx

spiffincat

Post by spiffincat » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:53 pm

Thanks for the quick reply simmerdown. How do I "bring it out" into a clip? I tried dragging from the pads where the chopped sample went, no luck and also tried dragging the marked audio chop but luck.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:05 am

rec to another audio track is one way...

spiffincat

Post by spiffincat » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:27 am

could you briefly describe how I would do this? I usually record to midi and you're dealing with a bit of a noob here.