I want to destroy everyone at Native Instruments because...

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
icedsushi

Re: I want to destroy everyone at Native Instruments because...

Post by icedsushi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:36 pm

The latest is you can't login from the home page at the top right corner when the flash pop up window comes up in Safari. Clicking the login button doesn't do anything just sits there, you have to go into the support section & login from there. :x

Why must they insist on using flash? The website seems so clumsy & bloated with stuff that's supposed to be eye candy but just takes multiple attempts to load, gets in your way, seems CPU hog, plain doesn't work, or makes it harder to navigate the site.

It's strange & contradictory the software can be so good but the website so horrible.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:44 pm

^ the other question could be... why do you insist on using safari???

*ducks*

really, i'm not trying to be a twat. some browsers are better than others for some tasks... regardless of our preferences.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:49 pm

H20nly wrote:^ the other question could be... why do you insist on using safari???

*ducks*

really, i'm not trying to be a twat. some browsers are better than others for some tasks... regardless of our preferences.
I'm certain that NI's website is a POS on any browser. FYI if you don't have Safari on a mac and have run into problems etc then you can't judge. I have Firefox as a backup, Safari is faster. Not interested in Chrome.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:03 pm

^ i wasn't judging or taking the piss. hence the last sentence.

i'm a Firefox guy typically, but i have many cases where Firefox doesn't display something the way i like (Outlook Web Access being the worst). so on those occasions, i switch browsers. at work i've had to change more than one person's defaults back to Internet Explorer from Chrome for the same reasons.

i'm not dogging Safari. i am saying that when your favorite wrench doesn't fit the nut, it's okay to try another.

edit: oh and BTW, i just checked; the website works fine for me in Firefox. have a day!
Last edited by H20nly on Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

parma

Post by parma » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:08 pm

H20nly wrote:^ i wasn't judging or taking the piss. hence the last sentence.

i'm a Firefox guy typically, but i have many cases where Firefox doesn't display something the way i like (Outlook Web Access being the worst). so on those occasions, i switch browsers. at work i've had to change more than one person's defaults back to Internet Explorer from Chrome for the same reasons.

i'm not dogging Safari. i am saying that when your favorite wrench doesn't fit the nut, it's okay to try another.
I can confirm that NI's site sucks donkey balls on Chrome, Firefox and Safari (and has sucked for some time now). Wrenches are fine; time for a new nut.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:16 pm

^ okay. did you use a Tijuana-Whore-O-Meter to make that assessment?
icedsushi wrote:Clicking the login button doesn't do anything just sits there, you have to go into the support section & login from there.
i don't get that result. sorry guys. i guess it's a regional thing then. it works just fine in Internet Explorer and FireFox in Northern California on a Windows 7 PC after noon on Tuesdays.

parma

Post by parma » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:29 pm

H20nly wrote:^ okay. did you use a Tijuana-Whore-O-Meter to make that assessment?
I thought it was Juarez. Never been though.

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:34 pm

H20nly wrote:i don't get that result. sorry guys. i guess it's a regional thing then. it works just fine in Internet Explorer and FireFox in Northern California on a Windows 7 PC after noon on Tuesdays.
Well maybe it's something with Safari & Flash then because I just updated to the latest version of both of those and that didn't fix it.

I have Firefox too but I only use it for the very rare site when Safari won't open something. I can't remember the last time I needed to launch it though.

Safari is common enough by now that the end user shouldn't have to worry much about incompatibility issues when they go on a major website. I'm sure if they omitted all those convoluted flash layers upon layer the site would work properly any major browser, Safari included. I have to say, even if everything on it did work properly this is the fanciest most bling bling, yet most awful website I've ever been on.

They also need to get back to basics of customer service & just put a download section for registered users that appears when you're logged in just like everyone else. KISS = "Keep It Simple Stupid". Registered users needing to download the demo & register from there or having to re-install and obsolete/legacy version from DVD-ROM (some installers on the DVD's so old they even require Rosetta or PPC) & do numerous updates from there has got to go, this is 2012. The website is more of sluggish marketing mammoth than a convenient place for registered users to go & get things done.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:47 pm

H20nly wrote:^ okay. did you use a Tijuana-Whore-O-Meter to make that assessment?
icedsushi wrote:Clicking the login button doesn't do anything just sits there, you have to go into the support section & login from there.
i don't get that result. sorry guys. i guess it's a regional thing then. it works just fine in Internet Explorer and FireFox in Northern California on a Windows 7 PC after noon on Tuesdays.
If that was the only problem with their site I wouldn't be too worried. Their forums boot you back to their product page roughly 50% of the time, and everything is as slow as dogshit. Too much Flash, and too many animated parts that load too slowly on my decently fast cable connection. Firefox, 29 seconds to load the NI front page 11 to reload, Safari, 43, 25 reload. Both are horrid shitty scores, period. Ohm Force website, roughly 2 seconds on firefox, 1 second on Safari.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:48 pm

icedsushi wrote:Safari is common enough by now that the end user shouldn't have to worry much about incompatibility issues when they go on a major website. I'm sure if they omitted all those convoluted flash layers upon layer the site would work properly any major browser, Safari included. I have to say, even if everything on it did work properly this is the fanciest most bling bling, yet most awful website I've ever been on.
agreed. i don't think it's that great of a site. too much Flash was never a good thing... and we all know by now how Apple feels about it.
maybe clearing your temps would help???

@ parma - those nasty shows are all along the border towns. <insert: yuck! emoticon>

arafel

Post by arafel » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:47 pm

Trying to load NI site as I type.. Firefox (latest & latest flash)...

Oh it just finished loading (one page).. fuk
Feels like I have Dial-Up 1993.

Its way easier to get NI info from other places..
Maschine Rocks... Their site lacks
2.8ghz Quad Mac, Live 9.77, Remote25, Maschine 1, Fa-66 optical link, Samson 65a. Dog hair.. lots.

arafel

Post by arafel » Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:49 pm

And can someone please convince the Abes to update the logo on their own site... That low-res jpeg 'ableton' is so pixelated and sad. Fak its depressing.. its like their whole images is screened thru BHD.
2.8ghz Quad Mac, Live 9.77, Remote25, Maschine 1, Fa-66 optical link, Samson 65a. Dog hair.. lots.