uc33 and faderfox lv3 together not working!!

UHE is now closed. For Technical Support from Ableton, please go here: http://www.ableton.com/support
F.B.

uc33 and faderfox lv3 together not working!!

Post by F.B. » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:08 pm

dear ableton users,

I am experiencing a problem which I never encountered before.

I am using my uc33 with live 8 (latest update) and I started using a faderfox lv3 as well.

the two controllers can't actually work together.

the uc33 is sending the same notes as the faderfox, so there are conflicts.

if I move something on the faderfox, it affects the mapping I previously did with the uc33. and that's WITHOUT mapping the faderfox.

is there a way to clear this conflicts?

I took a look at the uc33 manual and I tried to follow their tips on how to assign channels but hasn't worked so far.

has anybody gotten into this mess before? it's really annoying :? :?

please help.

thank you very much!!

best.

icedsushi

Re: uc33 and faderfox lv3 together not working!!

Post by icedsushi » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:38 pm

I've had the conflict with Faderfox and things like playing midi keyboards. The Faderfox LV2 used midi channel 1, so I fixed that by selecting midi channel 2 on the keyboard midi out menu.

There are only 2 options, you can either change the Faderfox setup or change the midi channel used by the UC33.

Usually the Faderfox has just 2 setups in system mode, you can try changing it to the other setup. At least this is how it is with the second generation. I don't know about the third.

But more likely is to change the midi channel assignments used by the UC33 as you already know. I never used one of these so not sure how it can be done. Maybe you can change the UC33 midi output with some sort of editor included, then remap the UC33 manually in Live? Do you use automap for both controllers in Live's prefs? Sometimes automap can be limiting like that.

F.B.

Post by F.B. » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:57 pm

icedsushi wrote:I've had the conflict with Faderfox and things like playing midi keyboards. The Faderfox LV2 used midi channel 1, so I fixed that by selecting midi channel 2 on the keyboard midi out menu.

There are only 2 options, you can either change the Faderfox setup or change the midi channel used by the UC33.

Usually the Faderfox has just 2 setups in system mode, you can try changing it to the other setup. At least this is how it is with the second generation. I don't know about the third.

But more likely is to change the midi channel assignments used by the UC33 as you already know. I never used one of these so not sure how it can be done. Maybe you can change the UC33 midi output with some sort of editor included, then remap the UC33 manually in Live? Do you use automap for both controllers in Live's prefs? Sometimes automap can be limiting like that.
I would like NOT to use the automapped faderfox set up which comes with the included cd.

I want to map it my way.

the best solution would be changing the midi channel assignment on the uc33, as you said.

I tried to but it doesn't seem to work, but I guess it's my fault.

I have to find a way of changing the channels in the uc33 as they say on their manual.

hope someone has been there before and has some tips on this :) :)

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:25 pm

I never use automap either with the Faderfox, but not using automap with the Faderfox doesn't change it's midi assignments. You have only 2 setup choices what midi messages are going into Live from the Faderfox. I think I'm repeating myself but yeah once you figure out which of those 2 setups has the least conflict with your other gear, you pretty much need to focus on the midi messages coming from the other gear after that.