Bass sample packs

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
stevemac

Bass sample packs

Post by stevemac » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:56 am

Gooooood morning everyone.

Looking to purchase a good sample library of multisampled sampler instruments and 1 shot basses to stretch across an octave or 2. I mainly synthesize my own sounds, but really keen to get a nice fresh set of sounds to manipulate and help build up my core instrument library.

Can anyone recommend some of the good packs you’ve come across?

Types? Very much around glitch hop, ghetto funk, funky breakbeat vibe. So think phat and full funky basses, some darker bass sounds, and funky & bright / electro leads!

Any recommendations would be awesome. I’ve been listening to loads of demos on the sample websites but having purchased a couple of simple libraries a year ago, I was struck that the demos can be deceiving sometimes??

Thanks guys!

JayNiko

Re: Bass sample packs

Post by JayNiko » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:28 pm

stevemac wrote: Very much around glitch hop, ghetto funk, funky breakbeat vibe. So think phat and full funky basses, some darker bass sounds...
get Fender Precision bass guitar )

stevemac

Post by stevemac » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:20 pm

Thanks for the reply dude.

Looking for synth sounds to be honest!

The Carpet Cleaner

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:56 pm

Vengeance / prime loops

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:09 pm

Make 'em yourself. Way more satisfying and configurable. Do you have Operator or Analog?
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

stevemac

Post by stevemac » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:16 am

AceLuby wrote:Make 'em yourself. Way more satisfying and configurable. Do you have Operator or Analog?
I've been making them myself for a while and apart from the occasional preset tweak for some leads or arp sounds, it's all 'from scratch' synthesis.

I am keen to try out some samples to map as a bass octave to be honest, so if you do know of any particularly good ones then shout man!!! :)

Don't have suite so no operator or analog. Use a few 3rd party VST synths.

cheers

AceLuby

Post by AceLuby » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:24 pm

stevemac wrote:
AceLuby wrote:Make 'em yourself. Way more satisfying and configurable. Do you have Operator or Analog?
I've been making them myself for a while and apart from the occasional preset tweak for some leads or arp sounds, it's all 'from scratch' synthesis.

I am keen to try out some samples to map as a bass octave to be honest, so if you do know of any particularly good ones then shout man!!! :)

cheers
Then why do you need a sample pack? Just make your own and sample them yourself or put them into an instrument rack. Sampling them yourself and throwing them in Sampler will make it infinitely easier, then you could even macro up a knob to easily switch between all of the samples in your sampler. You can do the same w/ an instrument rack, but it will be much more CPU intensive.
levimoniz wrote:yes i'm a hypocrite and not intelligent

Hull

Post by Hull » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:30 pm

I mostly use Operator and Analog but how about the Novation Bass Station? There's samples, loops and a VST available.

I'm currently selling my bass station rack unit on Ebay, if you want some hardware!! ;)

I've also been using Razor and Reaktor and dig the addidtive synthesis intensity. They're pretty cheap (cheaper than most loops!)

One thing you might want to try: Whichever synth you choose - try picking up 5Pin media's Bass loops. They've got midi bass loops you can use with any synth. They're great for inspiration.
Hull
Dymaxion Groove Records
http://dymaxion.fm

stevemac

Post by stevemac » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:32 pm

AceLuby wrote:
stevemac wrote:

cheers
Then why do you need a sample pack? Just make your own and sample them yourself or put them into an instrument rack. Sampling them yourself and throwing them in Sampler will make it infinitely easier, then you could even macro up a knob to easily switch between all of the samples in your sampler. You can do the same w/ an instrument rack, but it will be much more CPU intensive.
Don't get me wrong,I do this already. Just looking for some new ready made sounds to use as inspiration and layers to existing patches.

I make some good patches, but not ashamed to say looking to get some ready made ones to compliment and shake things up a bit.

:)

EDIT: Just to clarify, not bothered by loops really, looking for one shots and multisamples as I compose it all myself.

cheers!

Hull

Post by Hull » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:38 pm

Oh, and AceLuby's advice is spot-on.
Hull
Dymaxion Groove Records
http://dymaxion.fm

stevemac

Post by stevemac » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:32 pm

Hull wrote:Oh, and AceLuby's advice is spot-on.
Yep, but I do this already!

Looking for some external sounds for added inspiration, or to use as layers.

I have a three sampler instrument, each one has a bank of sounds macro mapped to the chain selector. That way I can adjust three knobs all day looking for cool sounds that fit together. Loose arrangement of low, mid and high freq for each sampler.

Basically I'm looking to add some ready made sounds into this alongside my existing home made patches!

Gaetano CAPUANO

Post by Gaetano CAPUANO » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:47 pm

IMO Nothing beats a REAL bass guitar tone! :wink:
http://www.customguitarloops.com
Need Guitar or Bass tracks for your project? Message me and lets work that out

Toby Emerson

Post by Toby Emerson » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:16 pm

here is a collection of 420 key labelled one shots:

http://blackoctopus-sound.com/products- ... ass-tools/

kev herb

Post by kev herb » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:19 pm

http://goldbaby.co.nz/products.html for kontakt and exs24 all multi samples of hardware synths.
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words

stevemac

Post by stevemac » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:22 pm

awesome, thanks guys