Live is Crashing when choosing audio prefs

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
GT:B

Live is Crashing when choosing audio prefs

Post by GT:B » Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:39 am

Live is Crashing when choosing my audio prefs. Do I need to reinstall or is there another way around this? Are there any extensions that may have inadvertantly been disabled that are specific to Live? I am running it on my Reason extensions set and have not changed it at all. The initial install however took place in another extensions set that got totally screwed up somehow. If I must reinstall the program is there any protocol I should follow as far as trashing certain extensions ect...before Re-installing? thanks in advance

tjwett not logged in

Post by tjwett not logged in » Fri Mar 28, 2003 6:28 pm

are you on a Mac or PC? which OS? if you are on a Mac the best i can suggest is trashing any preferences for Live, Reason, and Core Audio.

Alex

Post by Alex » Fri Mar 28, 2003 9:43 pm

Hi GT:B,

when exactly does it crash? When you just want to open Live's preferences dialog or when you adjust some settings?

And like tjwett already asked, please tell me which audio interface do you use and on which system (Mac or PC).

regards,
Alex

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:57 am

Apologies for not being more thorough. I'm running Mac Powerbook 667, OS 9.2.2. It has been crashing at the point where I try to change the 2nd set of Audio Preferences. So I am already in the prefs box at the Output pull down I guess. I am using a MOTU 896 and I want to be able to run Live in tandem with Reason and Recycle. So if I trash those extensions I will have to reinstall those programs as well. I just don't see any Live extensions that are missing in my manager. So I'm not sure what I should do next except complete reinstall which lead me to my second question about the protocol I should follow if I do need to start fresh. Also I can only install Live a limited amount of times correct?

GT:B

?

Post by GT:B » Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:03 pm

Anybody? I'm running through everything today. I could really use some expert opinion..