BIggest load of Republican Bull**** ever!

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
photonal

BIggest load of Republican Bull**** ever!

Post by photonal » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:27 pm

Since when have we as a society allowed ourselves to become so controlled by Conservative values!?!?!

http://news.yahoo.com/lawmaker-chastise ... 30893.html

Question: Were the Bankers who were responsible for the financial meltdown / sub-prime problem wearing Hoodies!?!

Answer : No, They wore suits!

beats me

Re: BIggest load of Republican Bull**** ever!

Post by beats me » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Really? You consider this the biggest load of Republican bullshit ever?

photonal

Post by photonal » Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Well yeah, not the *biggest* - but illustrates how current society is dominated by conservative values! Even what you wear is to be controlled.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:56 pm

photonal wrote:current society is dominated by conservative values!
Right, and the conservatives say society is going to hell in a hand basket because of liberal values. Funny isn't it? Both sides think each other's ideologies are taking over.

The truth is somewhere in the middle and it's indifferent to either side's causes. But that's boring. We need exciting headlines to make more people believe like we do.

:|
Unsound Designer

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:29 am

i dont understand why anyone would bother keeping up with this . until elections and laws are passed in a true democratic form in the u.s., politics and politicians will always be bullshit.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:28 am

A Condorcet voting option would probably be a step forward. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3jE3B8HsE

The last thing you want in the U.S. is a purely democratic form of government.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:41 am

a purely democratic form of government has never been done so how can anyone say its the last thing we need.
i understand that there are a lot of idiots that may be scared into voting for some one or who would vote for some one just based on things like how the candidate looks, so what. if they can be swayed into voting based upon their feelings now they could be swayed in a democratic system.

at the end of that video he says both candidates in the end would have to campaign harder to convince the voter to vote for him.
isn't campaigning insane enough?
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:11 am

it's people like this that are really scary. They are protesting against helping other people.

shuutobi

Post by shuutobi » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:16 am

Forge. wrote:it's people like this that are really scary. They are protesting against helping other people.
No, they protesting against holding a gun to your head, forcing you to help people.

They are also protesting the individual mandate where you are forced to purchase health insurance, else you get fined every month you don't have coverage.

Most people haven't heard of charity care, where non-profit hospitals retain their status by donating a percentage of their services for free. https://www.premierinc.com/advocacy/iss ... ject-6.pdf The illegals sure do.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:58 am

shuutobi wrote:
Forge. wrote:it's people like this that are really scary. They are protesting against helping other people.
No, they protesting against holding a gun to your head, forcing you to help people.

They are also protesting the individual mandate where you are forced to purchase health insurance, else you get fined every month you don't have coverage.

Most people haven't heard of charity care, where non-profit hospitals retain their status by donating a percentage of their services for free. https://www.premierinc.com/advocacy/iss ... ject-6.pdf The illegals sure do.
thats nice that it exits in texas (who knows what the quality of the care is) but it doesnt exist in every state.
what the tea party is really protesting and ALWAYS protesting is "lazy people" people that just dont have it in them to even want to succeed.
the tpain party is protesting those that rather "occupy" then get out and get one of them plenty of high paying jobs with benefits that are all over the place.
the tea party knows that on every corner of every street in this country there is a high paying job in some field of yesteryear to be had.
these good tea party people (every one of them ) know that if a person doesn't have health care, or a monster truck, its because he or she is lazy.

in this pic though it kinda looks like the tpain party is 8O occupying!!! 8O OMG!!! 8O they have gone lazy!!! 8O

no computers or synths

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:17 am

nathannn wrote:
shuutobi wrote:

thats nice that it exits in texas (who knows what the quality of the care is) but it doesnt exist in every state.
what the tea party is really protesting and ALWAYS protesting is "lazy people" people that just dont have it in them to even want to succeed.
the tpain party is protesting those that rather "occupy" then get out and get one of them plenty of high paying jobs with benefits that are all over the place.
the tea party knows that on every corner of every street in this country there is a high paying job in some field of yesteryear to be had.
these good tea party people (every one of them ) know that if a person doesn't have health care, or a monster truck, its because he or she is lazy.

in this pic though it kinda looks like the tpain party is 8O occupying!!! 8O OMG!!! 8O they have gone lazy!!! 8O
well yeah exactly, but how many millions unemployed now in the US? How many as the result of greedy rich bankers?

And no complaints at the billions spent on war an military? That's the thing that I think when I look at that picture - how much more does the military cost than this healthcare they are so upset about, yet no complaints about that?

And how many of them claim to be Christians? Jesus went around healing lepers and telling people to turn the other cheek - yet they can claim to be christian and at the same time protest against healing the sick while allowing death and destruction from the same taxes?

I don't get the way these people think at all.

and who's the fat guy in the hoodie - is he trying to make some kind of point?

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:27 am

shuutobi wrote:

Doesn't that just sound a little uncivilised to you?

I have never understood why this is such an issue in America - to me it's just the price you pay for living in a better society - where everyone has access to healthcare and food and shelter. It sounds amazingly selfish to me to not think that's reasonable.

It's like the system encourages you to think like a conservative because you are forced to think about whether someone deserves it or not. That's like 19th century thinking. Only people who are judged to be deserving by certain people get access to public services. What if I think the people doing the judging are actually undeserving? Most of these arseholes are in my opinion.

To me being a citizen of a country means you deserve to be looked after by that country, just as you should be expected to look after the others. It encourages a better society IMO.

I wonder what would happen to the crime figures if the poor were looked after a bit better?

What about all those old war veterans who are left to live under freeways? They even fought for the country and have been left to rot.

Forge.

Post by Forge. » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:39 am

also - I'm not sure what benefits you currently get in the US for not paying for health?

I mean, the picture we seem to get is that Americans right now are actually struggling a lot more than people are in this country as it is without paying for health - so why is that? ...

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:19 pm

It's about not wanting to empower the Federal Government to manage and administer healthcare. I can't imagine anything more horrifying.

On one hand people whine and bitch and moan about how the government is in the pocket of rich bankers (which they are), and in the very same breath turn around and actually advocate for a national healthcare service.

omfg.

The Fed Gov can barely do a single fucking thing right in this country. They've even managed to fuck up the postal service - to the point that it's nearly extinct.

And people are expecting this same group to manage something that's 1000x more complex?

omfg.

We can't even seem to aim our drone missles properly without killing a score of civilians, but I'm going to TRUST in the Federal Government to pick out dentist for me?

omfg.

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:21 pm

If you think the politicians in Washington are corrupt now, omfg, I can't possibly imagine what it would be like to give them literally billions of dollars to play with during the administration of some national healthcare plan.

omfg.

It would be like giving Goldman Sachs power over my checking account and mortgage.

Oh. Wait....

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x