Why are musicians so snarky?

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
regretfullySaid

Re: Why are musicians so snarky?

Post by regretfullySaid » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:35 pm

^I would like to explore that further and hear it; maybe try it, too...

Crum, I'm getting near the middle, just got past the giant jukebox part (which made a point about interpretation that I resonate with when it comes to understanding ancient cultures) and tbh I've skipped over some of the math/numeric parts. I don't want to be selective in this enriching fugue but I start to blank when it comes to the number games, though I do find it very interesting with how some analogies/allegories/metaphors relate to computer science. I think I can get a better understanding of some principles (like recursiveness for basics). Also, when a lovely prospect is sitting next to me and checking the book & I out I'd rather be seen reading one of the less nerdy parts + one I'm genuinely getting a kick out of.
I wonder if this book is required in some computer science classes actually.

Anyway, I can see what you mean, though I may find that part interesting.
ImageImage

Rave

Post by Rave » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:34 am

daniel_robert_lahey wrote:as I haven't bothered to read any more posts above the one quoted.
U should have. People took time out to respond and you dont have the courtesy to even read them. :roll:

I blame poor parenting.

Nicknackerski

Post by Nicknackerski » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:07 pm

How many Musicians does it take to change a light Bulb.

One.

He holds it still and the whole fucking world revolves around him.

:oops:

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:56 pm

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Snark attack!

OGC
ImageImage

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:58 pm

hey i worked hard on that for 20 seconds, pretty proud

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Well done and a fabulous shade of green; is that the one called "genetically enhanced brocolli"?
ImageImage

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:12 pm

i was disguising his race, so as not to be profiled, or un-PC

regretfullySaid

Post by regretfullySaid » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:32 pm

I assumed he was Olmec.
ImageImage

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:52 pm

...or fishphibian

garyd7

Post by garyd7 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:49 pm

Ride the funky monkey

JeffreyCJohnson

Post by JeffreyCJohnson » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:57 pm

beats me wrote:Counter point: There are a lot of lazy internet dependent people that don’t even bother trying to find out anything for themselves before they just fire off the most basic minimal experience question.

Thus the RTFM brigade for which everybody must suffer.
The OP had a valid point. And, a succinctly worded question may look minimal, but if the question is precise, it *will* be minimal and to the point.

I bought the full suite a month ago and I still can't find any consolidated quality documentation. I never publicly ask for help unless I've spent at least an hour looking, and to assume it's readily available in an obscure web forum somewhere is insulting at best.

Heck, considering the cost of the full suite I feel ripped off. (Key word "feel"... I know I have a huge learning curve to absorb.) This isn't back in the day... when I voiced the GDS/Synergy there wasn't any documentation... and where is all the extra quality content in the Suite? So far, most of it is the same stuff rehashed over and over. It *feels* like all of Live 8's content came off an 80's bulletin board.

Is there a quick way to find replacement presets for a midi track that's already recorded? (more often than not the presets don't follow the standard A440 on an 88key controller, or a consistent drum rack layout)

Are the Session Drums mapped out in a rack so you can sit at a controller using all 88 keys to explore the sounds? In leu of that, is there a .als available that can be used as a seed to find them using the hot-swap facility?

All that said, I would be remiss in not saying that the core Live8 package is astounding. I understand the level of detail and engineering it takes to pull off the program I'm running as well as the complexities of marketing, branding, partnerships, coding and producing such a large application. I recently updated my interface to a TC SK48 and running with Reason rewired set up as an 8Track array of synths, and the system runs flawlessly! (I had to remove Automap to get it stable... uninstalling that piece of work was a pita. heh)

Jeff

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:15 pm

oh ask whatever..some will answer, some will give you shit for asking...w/e...just ask

oddtones001

Post by oddtones001 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:16 pm

If someone tells me to "Read The Fucking Manual" I say, only after you eat the peanuts out of my sheeit pilgrim" (spoken as John Wayne by "The Joker" in Full Metal Jacket) Am I the only one who thinks and says stupid shit like this? This music thing is supposed to be fun. There is no need to punk someone for asking a question unless it is some unrelated bullshit, then by all means deal with them. I'm just fuckin with you guys! I refuse to let this shit drive me up the wall. As far as ego is concerned, I have played guitar for over 30 years and a couple of clicks into Youtube and you can find 10 year old children that will humble the shit out of you. It kind of keeps things in perspective.
Mac Pro quad 2.6 ghz, OS X 10.6.8,Rosetta 200,Apogee X-FireWire card,Joe MeekVC1Q,MS2000, Logic 9,Live 8,Operator,Mackie Big Knob, JBL LSR 4328s,Audio Technica,AKG,Neumann,Radius,Virus TI Snow,PadKontrol,Launchpad, Maschine, Tempest.

gkar

Post by gkar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:33 pm

This is the first post I have read on this forum. Pretty daunting. I am brand new to ableton so I was looking for a good resource for getting started. I have watched a bunch of macprovideo.com training by a guy named Olav. He seems to know whats up so I will take his word as gospel for now. I hope I will be able to ask some stupid questions that start a 3 page rant in the near future, but I am still too fresh, and the tuts haven't run dry yet. :wink: