re-installing Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
frame

re-installing Live

Post by frame » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:49 am

Hi there
I am about to reboot my laptop and re-install the operating system etc.
However, my Ableton Live was purchased online, so I want to know how I can go about downloading and authorising it again.
Any advice on this matter would be much appreciated, thanks.

markhunter

Re: re-installing Live

Post by markhunter » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:59 am

Assuming you are logged in to the forum with the username you registered the software with, then if you go the home on this website i.e. http://www.ableton.com/ there should be menu on left which includes

User Account
Your Downloads
Authorize Live
Log Out

Go to your downloads and anything you have registered should be in there to download and re-install.

Polygon_Frites

Post by Polygon_Frites » Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:37 am

It's a breeze I have just installed live on my second computer this morning. When you launch live for the first time it prompts you to authorize, log in to lie and click authorize now.If you are using firefox with some additional security (like the no-script plug-in) windows may prompt you to specify which program should open the authorization file, select live.8XX.exe (default location C:\Program Files\Ableton\Live 8.2.1\Program in windows 7).

The fun part is installing all your livepacks, vst plug-ins and organising the damn sample library.

frame

Post by frame » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:12 pm

Thanks for both replies - they are much appreciated.

However,

A - For some reason when I go to 'my downloads' it says 'You currently have no licenses with available downloads' - perhaps because I purchased Live about 2 years ago?

B - I am on a Mac, so I don't know how to authorise without the serial code.

I have sent a message to Ableton, so I will let you know what they tell me!

Thanks again, and happy music making!!

markhunter

Post by markhunter » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:00 pm

frame wrote:Tfor some reason when I go to 'my downloads' it says 'You currently have no licenses with available downloads' - perhaps because I purchased Live about 2 years ago?
It shouldn't be that as my account still shows a very early Live 6 from 2008 under authorise.

Hope Ableton come back soon and fix things for you, in the mean time download and use as trial.

synnack

Post by synnack » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:16 am

frame wrote:Thanks for both replies - they are much appreciated.

However,

A - For some reason when I go to 'my downloads' it says 'You currently have no licenses with available downloads' - perhaps because I purchased Live about 2 years ago?

B - I am on a Mac, so I don't know how to authorise without the serial code.

I have sent a message to Ableton, so I will let you know what they tell me!

Thanks again, and happy music making!!
What version are you using? The online auth/unlock stuff was added in later versions. If you're still using 6 you'll need your original installer or to contact customer service.
MBP | Live 9 Suite | Max for Live | Push | MOTU Ultralite | iPad | Analog Modular Synths | Moog Voyager
aka "Tempus3r" | Music | Blog | Twitter | Soundcloud

methodamericon

Post by methodamericon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 3:58 am

I had a helluvah time with this. Bought Live. Computer died two months later. Go to reinstall on new hard drive and I had no available something or anothers. Like what you said. Shoot them an email and costumer service thingy and theyll make it so you have a couple additional installs. Sorry, Im drunk. Just exhaust your two or three options on asking about it and explain honestly why and theyll take care of it for ya. No worries.
After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music. -- Aldous Huxley