Damian and...........Skrillex? hell yeah

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
simmerdown

Re: Damian and...........Skrillex? hell yeah

Post by simmerdown » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:22 pm

acidpenguin wrote:
simmerdown wrote:if anyone talking sauce has a track (your own) with nearly the energy, production quality or originality, lets hear it

link em up vvvvvvvvvv
Where did this idea originate that if you want to critique something you have to be able to do better yourself? If I go to a restaurant and the food sucks do I have to shut up and eat it because I can barely fry an egg? Or if my football team plays like utter shite I just have to nod and say 'Well, I can't complain, I only have one leg'?

On topic ( :) ) - Think the track is ok, but not great myself. Mr Marley's stuff is cool and the dubby verses are good but the 'bassline' screechy shit is staid and unimaginative. It also annoys me that he's obviously thought 'Oh hey, I'm making a tune with a black dude, time to crack out that cliched 'Rude boy bass' sample, again.'.
yeh, i knew that was pushing it when i typed, but im in that kinda mood today, LOL

convex

Post by convex » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:09 pm

simmerdown wrote:this is like grandma railing against that 'new fangled rock n roll' devil music, get a grip
My grip is just fine, thanks. I was pointing out the irony of the fact that most of what people call dubstep, present or some past, has little to do with dub or bass. So much of it anymore is about ear-splitting heavy metal synths.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:18 pm

i think thats why i was happily surprised by this one..way more dub elements than edm, i think damian had the bigger influence in the collab, even if its got the midrange skanky wobbles, imo its working well in this case

but, taste is subjective...no offense convex...fiery day, haha