A Question For Republicans (us politics)

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
stringtapper

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by stringtapper » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:34 am

Republicanism?

:x
Unsound Designer

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:46 am

H20nly wrote::arrow: i heard a faint lingering echo... did someone say salsa?

psst, SS have you caught any Republicans in your snare yet?

sup H_2-0 as you can see as simple as the question is it's very hard for some people to bring themselves to even considering answering haha I don't know why, beatsme's reading comprehension seems pretty good so I don't know why anyone else would be having problems.
there's nothing wrong with being a republican I don't know why anyone would rant about that, it has nothing to do with the question I asked but obviously some are addicted to more than just salsa

btw @ beatsme, beats you don't really think that the religious right is voting for a mormon because they don't believe obama is a christian do you?
I have a hard time believing that. conservatives are very sincere about their relationship with god and their desire for the separation between church and state to be narrowed, I for the life of me just cannot fathom why they wouldn't support obama over romney, not only because obamas a christian but his wife and kids are christians too, it just seems like a very unlikely move on the part of the religious right........

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:26 am

like if 72percent want tax loopholes for the rich to be closed then why would that 72percent vote for Romney instead of obama it's just a very curious thing to do imho?

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:27 am

SS (starving student, not the harshly efficient arm of the Nazi party),

What you are asking for here is for people to admit the problem is Obama is black. And that is absolutely a problem with some, but it's still a party line issue.

I'll quote from the liberal prophet Bill Maher: "Not all conservative Republicans are a racist but if you are a racist odds are you are a conservative Republican."

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:31 am

starving student wrote:the question is it's very hard for some people to bring themselves to even considering answering…

…reading comprehension…

…being a republican…

…has nothing to do with the question I asked
Astounding.

Being a Republican has nothing to do with the question you asked? So the thread title "A Question For Republicans" really means… what then?

"A Question For Republicans, But I Really Mean Everybody, You Just Have To Know The Secret Starving Student Handshake In Order To Know That In Adavance"

Is that what you really meant?

Or is my "reading comprehension" just poor?

Holy fuck this guy is a space cadet! :lol:
Unsound Designer

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:21 am

stringtapper wrote:
starving student wrote:the question is it's very hard for some people to bring themselves to even considering answering…

…reading comprehension…

…being a republican…

Really, he's just insincere with his interrogations, because he already knows the answer: People will vote for Romney because he's not Obama. But don't worry, starver, Romney's only pandering to the right for votes, and if elected, will retreat closer to center. Just like the current president, who initially threw lollipops to the left-fielder, then spent the next three years playing footsies with the center-fielder, all with the hope of maybe getting a little affection from the right-fielder.

It's politics; it never changes and it never works, and it will never matter who is in office. They don't care about you. Again, my unsolicited advice: Don't be a duped a-hole.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:39 am

stringtapper wrote:

…reading comprehension…

…being a republican…

Astounding.

Being a Republican has nothing to do with the question you asked? So the thread title "A Question For Republicans" really means… what then?

"A Question For Republicans, But I Really Mean Everybody, You Just Have To Know The Secret Starving Student Handshake In Order To Know That In Adavance"

Is that what you really meant?

Or is my "reading comprehension" just poor?

I see what you did there, filling in my actual quotes with little periods, in effect re-writing what I wrote to make a statement I didn't say. That is so beyond clever of you st, as a matter of fact I would say it's super genius of you, no one will be able to see through that one why you've just about pulled the wool over the eyes of the quilter with that one, cheers mate you're really on to something. :roll:

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:54 am

beats me wrote:SS (starving student, not the harshly efficient arm of the Nazi party),

What you are asking for here is for people to admit the problem is Obama is black. And that is absolutely a problem with some, but it's still a party line issue.

I'll quote from the liberal prophet Bill Maher: "Not all conservative Republicans are a racist but if you are a racist odds are you are a conservative Republican."

@stringtapper- L@@k over there >>> is that Elvis!!!

ok beats now we can talk, sure I think racism is an issue on the fringe of the fringe of the fringe of the fringe
but surely it's not the case with mainstream america, I mean c'mon we've come a long way why even now we have a black president, our first, and that aint just whistling dixie either. Surely there's gotta be a better reason, a stronger motivation, a more reasonable reason than that. I know people feel strongly about party lines but in this case it's almost like Mitt Romney has an almost supernatural hold over the people..... pat robertson supports him are you kidding pat robertson the same pat robertson who would not be satisfied with 699 clubs he had to have just one more..... I've watched that guy for years and you're telling me he'd vote for romney based on party lines, I don't think any lines can hold pat robertson.

what about the dude who made romney some special cookies today and romney dumped on them :D that guy is still going to vote for romney, now if obama had done that I think he'd probably have to drop out of the election I don't even think his best will smith impersonation could save him.
Romney obviously has some very serious mojo going

Bagatell

Post by Bagatell » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:17 am

starving student wrote:Romney obviously has some very serious mojo going
Yes, he appears to have the backing of the establishment, the elite, TPTB, etc. The same "mojo" that puts all presidents, republicorp or demonrat, into office.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:54 pm

starving student wrote:I see what you did there, filling in my actual quotes with little periods, in effect re-writing what I wrote to make a statement I didn't say. That is so beyond clever of you st, as a matter of fact I would say it's super genius of you, no one will be able to see through that one why you've just about pulled the wool over the eyes of the quilter with that one, cheers mate you're really on to something. :roll:

Uh, no. I didn't "rewrite" jack shit by highlighting the main points of your quote.

Here's the main "sentence" I was targeting (I have to cut somewhere because you don't really write grammatical sentences):
starving student wrote:there's nothing wrong with being a republican I don't know why anyone would rant about that, it has nothing to do with the question I asked but
Guess what? Still means the same thing in "English." You're claiming that your question has nothing to do with the potential person answering being Republican which just isn't true. Unless you're changing it now??

Nobody rewrote anything. No its just another example of how you have a really hard time staying coherent in a discussion about things like this. I'm guessing because you're so emotionally involved in it all.
Unsound Designer

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:11 pm

starving student wrote:
beats me wrote:SS (starving student, not the harshly efficient arm of the Nazi party),

@stringtapper- L@@k over there >>> is that Elvis!!!

ok beats now we can talk, sure I think racism is an issue on the fringe of the fringe of the fringe of the fringe
but surely it's not the case with mainstream america, I mean c'mon we've come a long way why even now we have a black president, our first, and that aint just whistling dixie either. Surely there's gotta be a better reason, a stronger motivation, a more reasonable reason than that. I know people feel strongly about party lines but in this case it's almost like Mitt Romney has an almost supernatural hold over the people..... pat robertson supports him are you kidding pat robertson the same pat robertson who would not be satisfied with 699 clubs he had to have just one more..... I've watched that guy for years and you're telling me he'd vote for romney based on party lines, I don't think any lines can hold pat robertson.

what about the dude who made romney some special cookies today and romney dumped on them :D that guy is still going to vote for romney, now if obama had done that I think he'd probably have to drop out of the election I don't even think his best will smith impersonation could save him.
Romney obviously has some very serious mojo going

All the questions you are asking, comparisons you’re making, and pictures you are painting solidify the fact that a lot of people just vote along party lines and yet you refuse to believe it’s just that simple. *Shrug*

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:34 pm

beats me wrote: I'll quote from the liberal prophet Bill Maher: "Not all conservative Republicans are a racist but if you are a racist odds are you are a conservative Republican."

I love Bill Maher and watch his show religiously but the left really doesn't have a bigger fucking ponce.

The entire family on my Dad's side are all dyed-in-the-wool Democrats; wouldn't dream of voting any other way. Many are union born and bred, blue-collar, etc etc...and you'll never meet a bigger bunch of racist assholes.

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:47 pm

^ try wearing a Manchester United jersey in Liverpool.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:49 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
beats me wrote: I'll quote from the liberal prophet Bill Maher: "Not all conservative Republicans are a racist but if you are a racist odds are you are a conservative Republican."

I love Bill Maher and watch his show religiously but the left really doesn't have a bigger fucking ponce.

The entire family on my Dad's side are all dyed-in-the-wool Democrats; wouldn't dream of voting any other way. Many are union born and bred, blue-collar, etc etc...and you'll never meet a bigger bunch of racist assholes.

:lol:

I listen to the Real Time podcast (free even if you don’t subscribe to HBO) and used to listen to the Best of the Left podcast that each episode has a theme and then there’s a dozen or so excerpts from different left leaning radio, TV, or podcast shows on the topic ranging from the serious to the satirical. But I can’t take that podcast anymore. Too much far left propaganda is just as annoying as the far right. Sometimes Bill goes a little too much in that direction for my taste and he gets a little too smug with his humor.

One thing Republicans of all degrees suck at is humor. Everything they say is anger based and their attempt at humor is DOA and groan-worthy. :x

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:04 pm

republican humor seems to be rooted in smug superiority...watch some fox, nothing funnier than someone who cant get ahead

and here comes romney with his socio/economic survival-of-the-fittest (code for survival of the biggest crooks, and least interested in basic morality and compassion)

not saying the dems are better and obama is a saint by any means...the dem/rep thing is a sideshow to the 1/99%