A Question For Republicans (us politics)

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
LoopStationZebra

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:47 pm

simmerdown wrote:republican humor seems to be rooted in smug superiority...

Apparently you've never watched Rachael Maddow.

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:19 pm

stringtapper wrote:
starving student wrote:I see what you did there, filling in my actual quotes with little periods, in effect re-writing what I wrote to make a statement I didn't say. That is so beyond clever of you st, as a matter of fact I would say it's super genius of you, no one will be able to see through that one why you've just about pulled the wool over the eyes of the quilter with that one, cheers mate you're really on to something. :roll:

Uh, no. I didn't "rewrite" jack shit by highlighting the main points of your quote.

Here's the main "sentence" I was targeting (I have to cut somewhere because you don't really write grammatical sentences):
starving student wrote:there's nothing wrong with being a republican I don't know why anyone would rant about that, it has nothing to do with the question I asked but
Guess what? Still means the same thing in "English." You're claiming that your question has nothing to do with the potential person answering being Republican which just isn't true. Unless you're changing it now??

Nobody rewrote anything. No its just another example of how you have a really hard time staying coherent in a discussion about things like this. I'm guessing because you're so emotionally involved in it all.

dude I apologize I think you're not actually feigning here? look I didn't say the question has nothing to do with republicans, I said the question doesn't have anything to do with 'the notion that there is anything wrong with being republican or ranting such' I'm sorry I thought that was as obvious to you as it is to everyone else, hope you understand now.

I'm going to sneak back on topic now :)

so beats you don't think that the passions are a little higher than what party line syndrome would generally muster ?

@ loops re rachel maddow, but what do you think of her research team, her humor isn't really my taste but
I love how she leads and exits with facts, there's like more facts in one of her broadcast than fox can get together in a whole months worth of broadcasting, in that way she's refreshing?

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:26 pm

know who she is, but havent seen her show...saw her on Jimmy, thought she was pretty funny, the only ppl she made fun of were the Rep candidates (well deserved) nothing about orphans or homeless people, 'foreigners', islam, etc etc....

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:19 pm

starving student wrote:so beats you don't think that the passions are a little higher than what party line syndrome would generally muster ?

Passions are higher when somebody’s personal economy is fucked and they mistakenly think the government fixes the economy. It doesn’t. Big business fucks up and fixes the economy, but when the economy improves and stabilizes whoever is in office will get and accept credit for it.

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 pm

starving student wrote: @ loops re rachel maddow, but what do you think of her research team, her humor isn't really my taste but
I love how she leads and exits with facts, there's like more facts in one of her broadcast than fox can get together in a whole months worth of broadcasting, in that way she's refreshing?
I actually don't think she's that intelligent, but I enjoy her show. It's way too much about smarmy entertainment, and in that respect there's very little difference from the folks at Fox News. Olbermann was the same way, but also loved his show and miss it...

Facts? Hmm. More often as not the issues on both sides are presented with an array of 'facts' that really are more or less 'half-truths'. Mention anything about the economy on MSNBC and chances are they'll leave out some critical counter-point because it flies in the face of their position. Same with Fox.

Both are merely extensions of their respective parties. Nothing more, nothing less.

The chicks are definitely hotter on Fox, though. No doubt.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

scott nathaniel

Post by scott nathaniel » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:48 pm

LoopStationZebra wrote:
I actually don't think she's that intelligent, but I enjoy her show
Exactly! I do believe one of the prerequisites to obtaining the Rhodes Scholarship is to be lacking in intelligence :roll:

razorblade

Post by razorblade » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:51 am

I actually don't think she's that intelligent, but I enjoy her show.
She's smart enough to know it's fun to eat pussy.

More than you can say for Rick Santorum.
No...I am 3phase!

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:55 am

LoopStationZebra wrote:
starving student wrote: @ loops re rachel maddow, but what do you think of her research team, her humor isn't really my taste but
I actually don't think she's that intelligent, but I enjoy her show. It's way too much about smarmy entertainment, and in that respect there's very little difference from the folks at Fox News. Olbermann was the same way, but also loved his show and miss it...

Facts? Hmm. More often as not the issues on both sides are presented with an array of 'facts' that really are more or less 'half-truths'. Mention anything about the economy on MSNBC and chances are they'll leave out some critical counter-point because it flies in the face of their position. Same with Fox.

Both are merely extensions of their respective parties. Nothing more, nothing less.

The chicks are definitely hotter on Fox, though. No doubt.

:x
no way man, she's got quite a noggin on her shoulders, but more importantly her whole teams foundation is about gathering facts, jokes aside she definitely does not do what fox does for instance fox says obama lost 92 percent of womens jobs or something like that and they kindly forgot to include the fact that they were including the millions of jobs lost to women before he even got into office and they even included the women who lost their jobs on the day he was sworn it,,, rachel never does shit like that. another thing she does on a regular basis without hesitation is issue retractions if something she puts out is incorrect, she'll even issue retractions for shit that just flew over someones head and was misconstrued, fox will never retract anything (well they might) but no where near as much or in the way that she does. on top of all of that people treat her like vomit, she does not treat people like that even if they come at her that way, that's something I can always find respect in even though I don't practice that ethos enough myself.

I remember when john stewart and rachel maddow were fighting because he was saying the same thing you're saying, you know all things are equal between fox and msnbc etc... but he likes facts too so then when he started to fact check both networks he found out that actually even though all networks are full of shit fox is actually full of more shit and all of the fact finding agencies concur.

about her humor though I don't know what it is, she's a nice enough person but something about how she jokes just rubs me the wrong way, I'm always tired of it before she even starts :lol:

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:58 am

beats me wrote:
starving student wrote:so beats you don't think that the passions are a little higher than what party line syndrome would generally muster ?

Passions are higher when somebody’s personal economy is fucked and they mistakenly think the government fixes the economy. It doesn’t. Big business fucks up and fixes the economy, but when the economy improves and stabilizes whoever is in office will get and accept credit for it.

no doubt, I'd like to see how they act at 16-18% unemployment, i don't think they could handle it.

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:09 am

it seems like if any one is a republican they are too embarrassed to admit it here,
now we just need the same for democrats.

here,s to hoping this election will have the lowest voter turn out in history!

if your vote does not count ( and it doesn't ) don't participate in the scam.
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:26 am

I was about to vote for mccain myself last time until he lost his mind and ran the straight talk express straight to hell, on top of that he started war mongering like a fuckin viking, and I don't even want to start on palin.
votes do matter though, it's just that we don't enforce their value. The power is still with the people and the people are still the assholes.

sporkles

Post by sporkles » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:25 am

Six pages and still no conclusion?

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:24 am

sporkles wrote:Six pages and still no conclusion?
I'm sure some proud republicans will show sooner or later

nathannn

Post by nathannn » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:22 pm

maybe im the closest thing to a republican here
when i was 20 i voted for gwb.. no lie. :?
The Push / Novation Launch Pad / Novation Launch Pad Pro / Novation Launch Key
/ Launch Control XL / Machine MkII / Machine Studio / BeatStep / Livid OhmRGB / Livid Code V2 / Apc 40 MKII

no computers or synths

20 Copies of Ableton Live Lite.

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:40 pm

voting for mccain would have meant palin too :roll: ...too bad she did not jump in and beat romney, LOL