omg, I just downloaded the D-cam Synth Squad Demo.. And

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

As far as you are concerned..

I have bought these synths, and use them all the time.
19%
I have done the demo and passed.
22%
I bought, was disappointed, wound up transferring the license.
8%
I have not tried these yet.
22%
I have them, can't use, cpu issues. Not selling though.
No votes
They are marketing garbage. Totally overrated.
19%
Greatest sounding soft synths ever.
8%

Total votes: 36

Linear Phase

omg, I just downloaded the D-cam Synth Squad Demo.. And

Post by Linear Phase » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:26 am

Here are my thoughts:

A: The filters rock
B: Even on a quad core machine the functionality is limited to say the least.
C: I'm not a huge fan of the GUI's.
D: I'm not sure, I'm getting things, that I can't already get from my other synths.
E: They do sound, f'in awesome.

---

What are your thoughts on these synth?
Linear Phase has left the building..

login

Re: omg, I just downloaded the D-cam Synth Squad Demo.. And

Post by login » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:34 am

They are good, but I like Diva, ace and zebra way more.

Linear Phase

Post by Linear Phase » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:47 am

login wrote:They are good, but I like Diva, ace and zebra way more.
So I downloaded the Diva demo, its brand new.. Kept crashing my setup. I doubt I will check it again. I'm sure it sounds great though.

As far as the OP, and the Synth Squad... Something is way different about these synths. I compared them to my other synths. The quality differences are apparent. The synth squad is really interesting, if albeit, complex, and difficult to get a handle on at first.

UncleAge

Post by UncleAge » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:08 pm

I strongly agree.

DEEMUSIC

Post by DEEMUSIC » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Groove3 has tutorials using synth squad and the guy show you how to make sounds with each synth because each synth was meant for different sound creation.

Muzik 4 Machines

Post by Muzik 4 Machines » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:45 pm

demo'd them, couldnt even play 1 note at max buffer on my mbp 1st gen 2gb ram dual 2,16 so i passed

3dot...

Post by 3dot... » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:23 pm

demoed.. unimpressed...pass...

icedsushi

Post by icedsushi » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:27 pm

I liked Amber, but the rest were kind of redundant of what I already have. CPU use was a little high but probably a good bundle for someone who doesn't have a lot of synth plugins already. I wish they sold Amber separately.

Saxer

Post by Saxer » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 am

i like synth squad. they just sound good without any efx and cosmetic. what you hear is what you get.

and the himalaya soundbanks are great!

stallos

Post by stallos » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:50 pm

Nice sounds I mean really fat! on the demo but I found if I stopped the main transport in live it resulted in massive speaker wrecking feedback which could only be killed by deleting that plugin instance. If I stopped the clip playing and then stopped main transport then doesn't happen what's that all about?

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:10 pm

funken wrote:I'm thinking of selling mine, bought it recently, not got round to learning it, got too many synths already really
I have the same situation. I bought it during FXPansion's last sale for quite cheap, tried it but never really started to use it. I thought of selling the Synthsquad but the 50€ license fee keeps me from doing it. So I keep telling myself that I'll learn it when I have the time (which is, of course, never). So your basic "to be or not to be" kind of problem ;)
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

deva

Post by deva » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:01 pm

Linear Phase wrote:
So I downloaded the Diva demo, its brand new.. Kept crashing my setup. I doubt I will check it again. I'm sure it sounds great though.

As far as the OP, and the Synth Squad... Something is way different about these synths. I compared them to my other synths. The quality differences are apparent. The synth squad is really interesting, if albeit, complex, and difficult to get a handle on at first.
Try the latest Diva 1.1 version. People who were having some crashes with the previous betas are saying it is solid now.

And I agree about Synth Squad. These synths are fairly unique and the sound quality is very high. The audio rate modulations of Cypher are an interesting area of exploration.

Linear Phase

Post by Linear Phase » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:55 am

deva wrote:Try the latest Diva 1.1 version. People who were having some crashes with the previous betas are saying it is solid now.

And I agree about Synth Squad. These synths are fairly unique and the sound quality is very high. The audio rate modulations of Cypher are an interesting area of exploration.

Yeah, so I finally got the Diva 1.1 actually working a little. I emailed U-he, and Fritz.. Was a big help... Thing is: I'm waiting on Sugar-Bytes Cyclop, I'm still dead in the middle of the Synth Squad Demo, and its really a question of, "what would I like to invest my learning curve in?"

Cause I don't buy a lot of plug ins.. I buy a small amount, "unless they are dumb simple," and I learn them through and through.

Synth Squad, is almost as complex as Rapture.. I feel like, "I can buy Synth Squad, and spend years with them." Diva, is not working well on my system at all. Its just not. 1.1, 1.2, 1.1.1.1, whatever version is the latest.. You know what I mean? Its just not going over well.

Anyways, Least to say! I am not buying Synth Squad, till I see Cyclop, and I think there is a good chance I will buy both. I'm also demoing, Dune, from Synapse Audio, and omfg, how funny? I almost like this synth, more than Synth Squad. You know? If I need super complex sound design.. I've got my Rapture.. I've had Rapture since within a few months of its release, its been four or five years now.. Instead of Reaktor, I learned Rapture through and through. I've got this one, pretty tight!

What I can't do on Rapture.. Is like, really simple Arpeggio/Arp'd Leads.. That Dune synth is great for that. And Dune is really simple. I could have that thing down, in like two months, where Synth Squad, will be a massive learning/time investment, that I am not sure if I am ready for.

I see myself purchasing in the near future Cyclop + Dune, or Cyclop + Synth Squad, but certainly not Cyclop + Dune + Squad, and because I love, love Sugar-bytes stuff so much..... I'm not making a move, till I try this Cyclop thing.

Diva? I've passed...

Cheers

filosofem

Post by filosofem » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:27 am

Moog Minitaur. :wink:

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:40 am

Sorry to hear Diva ran badly on your system.

It has become my personal favorite. :D

I'm interested to know why you passed it by ? Was it still crashing your system?