FOH using an HP TouchPad and Bluetooth

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
mech2161

FOH using an HP TouchPad and Bluetooth

Post by mech2161 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:07 am

I've been looking for a less expensive way to do adjustments in sound without having my mix station in the middle of the audience. Some places my son performs at aren't that big. Not to mention how much of a pain it is to use a mouse for everything.
I bought a discontinued, used HP TouchPad on Ebay ($200). Searched YouTube and converted it to dual boot Android. Down loaded TouchDaw and got it running using a wireless router. All is great... not so much. Some places don't have wireless and others that do don't always want to give out the pass word. Office Depot and a $37 Bluetooth dongle to the rescue. It took me a couple tries but I got it working.

lasersounds

Re: FOH using an HP TouchPad and Bluetooth

Post by lasersounds » Sat May 05, 2012 3:37 am

What ive had to do is run touch daw on my iphone and setup a wireless network from the phones hotspot and itll work.

mech2161

Re: FOH using an HP TouchPad and Bluetooth

Post by mech2161 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:35 am

I tried it with my phone but only having one track at a time was a pain. When making changes on the fly it could mean the difference between a good song and a flop. An IPad would be nice but the price wasn't in my budget. I'm pretty happy, it got me another sound gig.