A Question For Republicans (us politics)

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
starving student

Re: A Question For Republicans

Post by starving student » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:41 am

stringtapper wrote:
Salsa is a damn sight of an upgrade to your armchair babble. :lol:

And just about as politically relevant. :|
then together we have achieved that oh so elusive equality and your contributions have been appreciated. :mrgreen:

I do have a question for beatmunga though, beatmunga why is it that the conservatives in your country would rather that america have Mitt Romney for a president than lets say someone like a Barack Obama, especially the religious conservatives, are there more mormons or christians where you're from and are the religious christian conservatives more apt to support Obama because he's a christian or ……would they be more likely to support Romney?

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:41 am

starving student wrote:are there more mormons or christians where you're from
You do realize that Mormonism was started in the U.S.… right?

And during the 19th century… right?

So asking if any place in any country besides the U.S. has more Mormons than Christians is a seriously stupid question… right?

And you wonder why it's hard to take you seriously? :?

Or maybe… you don't? 8O

Or maybe you've just been bullshitting all along to try to skirt around the point that you think conservatives won't vote for Obama because he's black…?

Or maybe you're the Republican…?

Or maybe… salsa…?
Unsound Designer

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:29 am

stringtapper wrote:
starving student wrote:are there more mormons or christians where you're from
You do realize that Mormonism was started in the U.S.… right?

And during the 19th century… right?

So asking if any place in any country besides the U.S. has more Mormons than Christians is a seriously stupid question… right?

And you wonder why it's hard to take you seriously? :?

Or maybe… you don't? 8O

Or maybe you've just been bullshitting all along to try to skirt around the point that you think conservatives won't vote for Obama because he's black…?

Or maybe you're the Republican…?

Or maybe… salsa…?
was christianity started in the place where beatmungas from? oh nevermind that doesn't have anything to do with my question does it
what about the origins of mormonism….nope, that doesn't have anything to do with the question either…..
skirting around?,, coming from you the irony is exquisite, I'm not even sure if you're capable of a complete sentence without detracting.
salsa…. hmmm no the question has nothing to do with that as well, maybe in texas but you'd know better than I.

you speak about obama being black as if it's a revelation to you, so what if there are conservatives who wouldn't vote for obama because he's black, it's their right to do so, what do you have to say about it, or better yet, what does wikipedia have to say about it for you. here's a question, is it humanly possible for you to say something about conservatives who won't vote for Obama because he's black with out detracting???

I think not and that's the difference between you and everybody else who doesn't take me seriously, they actually have something to say while you have salsa to sell, they can speak on any number of topics whether it be republicans, democrats, black presidents, white presidents, or anything that falls within the political stratosphere while you cower in a corner hiding in a jar of pace pecante sauce……………really?

Forge.

Re: A Question For Republicans (us politics)

Post by Forge. » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:45 am

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:05 am

starving student wrote:was christianity started in the place where beatmungas from? oh nevermind that doesn't have anything to do with my question does it
what about the origins of mormonism….nope, that doesn't have anything to do with the question either…..
skirting around?,, coming from you the irony is exquisite, I'm not even sure if you're capable of a complete sentence without detracting.
salsa…. hmmm no the question has nothing to do with that as well, maybe in texas but you'd know better than I.

you speak about obama being black as if it's a revelation to you, so what if there are conservatives who wouldn't vote for obama because he's black, it's their right to do so, what do you have to say about it, or better yet, what does wikipedia have to say about it for you. here's a question, is it humanly possible for you to say something about conservatives who won't vote for Obama because he's black with out detracting???

I think not and that's the difference between you and everybody else who doesn't take me seriously, they actually have something to say while you have salsa to sell, they can speak on any number of topics whether it be republicans, democrats, black presidents, white presidents, or anything that falls within the political stratosphere while you cower in a corner hiding in a jar of pace pecante sauce……………really?

You already know my stance on it all. Humans are involved so it's bound to be fucked and I want no part of it.

I just have to laugh at the way you try to discuss this stuff as if you're actually saying something. That's the only reason I'm here (i.e. this thread).

And wait, you're seriously trying to say that the geographic origin juxtaposed with the chronological proximity of the birth of Mormonism has nothing to do with whether there would be more Mormons than Christians in another country? (And that IS what you asked beatmunga, don't try to come back saying I misread or some shit.) Because if you're really trying to say that then I don't need any more evidence to conclude that you have a hard time putting 2 and 2 together when it comes to basic logic. You saying it has nothing to do with your question just makes it seem like you can't think past a single dimension of the very thing you yourself started talking about.

And I'm going to get real serious on you for a minute. This is why I fuck with you when you start these "political" threads:

I don't care what you believe. Believe what you want, it's all fine with me. But ffs try to at least make it look like you actually think about the things you talk about. I'm dismayed enough about the state of humanity, and reading people writing things like what you just did about some other country possibly having more Mormons than Christians just makes me dread the possibility that there are many more (most?) out there who have a similar inability to use reason just to get really basic things straight in a discussion.

And since I'm just used to hearing a bunch of illogical shit from you I just figure I'll jump in and bring my own chaos to the party. My own chips and salsa if you will. :P
Last edited by stringtapper on Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unsound Designer

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:05 am

Unsound Designer

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:18 am

stringtapper wrote: I don't care what you believe. Believe what you want, it's all fine with me. But ffs try to at least make it look like you actually think about the things you talk about. I'm dismayed enough about the state of humanity, and reading people writing things like what you just did about some other country possibly having more Mormons than Christians just makes me dread the possibility that there are many more (most?) out there who have a similar inability to use reason just to get really basic things straight in a discussion.
Hmm? Well I for one took SS to be talking about the simple fact that Obama is a run of the mill protestant christian whereas Romney is a break off semi fringe version of christianity. If it was two typically 50 something white males, Romney being even further out than Nixon who was a Quaker, would be enough to get the religious republican right to vote for a moderate to conservative democrat like Obama. That they won't seems to be starving's point, and he would like to jab at them a little about it. From what I can tell Starving was asking a rhetorical question, as in he already knew the answer, that mormons aren't that world wide etc.

If you need help translating any other stoner's or youngsters in the forums thoughts I'm there for you bro. Even spent a year in Humbolt County, so I'm well versed in acid trip level sentence structure. We angry old fucks got to stick together. :twisted:

starving student

Post by starving student » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:39 am

Machinesworking wrote:
stringtapper wrote: I don't care what you believe. Believe what you want, it's all fine with me. But ffs try to at least make it look like you actually think about the things you talk about. I'm dismayed enough about the state of humanity, and reading people writing things like what you just did about some other country possibly having more Mormons than Christians just makes me dread the possibility that there are many more (most?) out there who have a similar inability to use reason just to get really basic things straight in a discussion.
Hmm? Well I for one took SS to be talking about the simple fact that Obama is a run of the mill protestant christian whereas Romney is a break off semi fringe version of christianity. If it was two typically 50 something white males, Romney being even further out than Nixon who was a Quaker, would be enough to get the religious republican right to vote for a moderate to conservative democrat like Obama. That they won't seems to be starving's point, and he would like to jab at them a little about it. From what I can tell Starving was asking a rhetorical question, as in he already knew the answer, that mormons aren't that world wide etc.

If you need help translating any other stoner's or youngsters in the forums thoughts I'm there for you bro. Even spent a year in Humbolt County, so I'm well versed in acid trip level sentence structure. We angry old fucks got to stick together. :twisted:
pace pecante…..chuckle chuckle

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:40 pm

Pace? Please.

This.
Unsound Designer

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:20 pm

^THAT.

:x
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:36 pm

beatmunga wrote:By 'the rest of us' I mean non-Americans. And perhaps people that find extreme conservatism distasteful, wherever it is from.
the irony of your statement above is that, i think it's safe to say, pretty much all the Americans who have chimed in on this thread are in agreement with your feelings/inference in that post... at least.

so by virtue of your own expression you excluded us and then re-included us by pretending we don't exist. all of which sounds a lot like the things that the politicians have/will do, which is exactly what some of us are here are lamenting about.

maybe you have more in common with some Americans that you think... or would like to admit.

starving student

Post by starving student » Fri May 11, 2012 12:55 pm

ok so basically what you're saying is that you would rather vote for Romney or even Keith Judd, hmmm there is so much history making going on in this presidency pray tell how could one ever hope to connect the dots….. Is this the first time someone campaigned from prison for the presidency with such success?

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat May 12, 2012 4:13 pm

So Mitt Romney, a Mormon is speaking at a christian university and apparently the people he spoke before were christian republicans who claim that their faith is the crux of their politics :?

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Sat May 12, 2012 5:22 pm

add Bully and Barber for Gays to mitt's resume, lol, impressive

watch him at 2:00, what a lying douche...hedging both sides of the question

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nvalk89Uxs

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sat May 12, 2012 7:38 pm

starving student wrote:ok so basically what you're saying is that you would rather vote for Romney or even Keith Judd, hmmm there is so much history making going on in this presidency pray tell how could one ever hope to connect the dots….. Is this the first time someone campaigned from prison for the presidency with such success?
*looks around*

Who are you talking to? :lol:

starving student wrote:So Mitt Romney, a Mormon is speaking at a christian university and apparently the people he spoke before were christian republicans who claim that their faith is the crux of their politics :?
You do realize that not everybody believes that Mormons are not Christians, right?

I would bet that most non-Christians would identify LDS and JWs as Christian "denominations" even though most of the mainstream Christian denominations consider them to be "space cadet" offshoots of Christianity, while only the very theologically conservative Christians would consider them to be a cult (i.e not Christian).
Unsound Designer