A Question For Republicans (us politics)

Discuss anything related to audio or music production.
simmerdown

Re: A Question For Republicans (us politics)

Post by simmerdown » Sat May 12, 2012 8:23 pm

unfortunate that everything, everything has become a matter of opinion

they ARE a cult
Last edited by simmerdown on Sun May 13, 2012 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

starving student

Post by starving student » Sat May 12, 2012 9:26 pm

stringtapper wrote:
starving student wrote:ok so basically what you're saying is that you would rather vote for Romney or even Keith Judd, hmmm there is so much history making going on in this presidency pray tell how could one ever hope to connect the dots….. Is this the first time someone campaigned from prison for the presidency with such success?
*looks around*

Who are you talking to? :lol:

starving student wrote:So Mitt Romney, a Mormon is speaking at a christian university and apparently the people he spoke before were christian republicans who claim that their faith is the crux of their politics :?
You do realize that not everybody believes that Mormons are not Christians, right?

I would bet that most non-Christians would identify LDS and JWs as Christian "denominations" even though most of the mainstream Christian denominations consider them to be "space cadet" offshoots of Christianity, while only the very theologically conservative Christians would consider them to be a cult (i.e not Christian).
which again has consistently nothing to do with my statement, unless you are claiming that those people at jerry farwels school are the non-christians you're referring to which of course would only make sense for you…. but to answer your question I'm talking to those who know who Romney was speaking to at Jerry Falwells school, you're talking about something else I presume :)

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Sun May 13, 2012 12:41 am

Is it the fact that I uses punctuation and proper grammar? Because you seriously have some kind of block against reasoning through a couple of simple statements.

I said that many if not most mainstream Christians probably believe that LDS and JW are still Christians even though they might think they're weirdos.
Unsound Designer

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun May 13, 2012 1:23 am

stringtapper wrote: You do realize that not everybody believes that Mormons are not Christians, right?

I would bet that most non-Christians would identify LDS and JWs as Christian "denominations" even though most of the mainstream Christian denominations consider them to be "space cadet" offshoots of Christianity, while only the very theologically conservative Christians would consider them to be a cult (i.e not Christian).
Just saying, not a huge hell of a lot of difference between the two, see Branch Davidians, or any number of other 'offshoots'.
Mormons are going to be considered weird by most born again christian types, and that's a huge percentage of the voting public. I would have to agree that if Obama was a white guy, his conservative stance on the military and human rights in terms of search a seizure laws etc. would make a lot of born again types rethink their vote. I think there is a point here, that normally being a Mormon would be enough to be an issue, but the skin color thing 'evens' it out. :roll:

starving student

Post by starving student » Sun May 13, 2012 9:51 am

stringtapper wrote:Is it the fact that I uses punctuation and proper grammar? Because you seriously have some kind of block against reasoning through a couple of simple statements.

I said that many if not most mainstream Christians probably believe that LDS and JW are still Christians even though they might think they're weirdos.
it's not your grammar it's your less than genuinely independent stammer……… see what i did there thats rapper humor :lol:

starving student

Post by starving student » Sun May 13, 2012 10:18 am

@MW I know one thing, Obama is posturing way too much with Iran, I hope he's not that (furious usage of expletives) stupid!

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun May 13, 2012 8:10 pm

Trust me. He is that stupid.

:lol:
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun May 13, 2012 9:12 pm

It's just posturing though. China and Russia get a significant amount of their oil from Iran, and have flatly stated that the US needs to back off of overtly aggressive action against Iran. So whomever is president will make allusions and vague threats, but it's hot air. Pissing off China and to a lessor degree Russia is a seriously bad move on our part. The main thing with all that is IMO distraction, the rest of the world becomes more concerned with possible future disruptions in the middle east from us and doesn't pay as much attention to our actions in Iraq and Afghanistan. Plus the whole "Oceana is the new enemy!" Orwellian thing.