Anyone using Adobe Audition?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Hidden Driveways

Anyone using Adobe Audition?

Post by Hidden Driveways » Thu May 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Just curious if anyone around here is using Adobe Audition. If you're a user, would you mind giving a short explanation of what you use it for, and which version you use?

Thanks

Ub373NNN

Re: Anyone using Adobe Audition?

Post by Ub373NNN » Fri May 18, 2012 12:43 am

i no have but i do go follow adobe audition facebook page for what it is going on with the software.
the facebook page have good users to discuss audition and any founded issues or questions on it. ok?

headquest

Post by headquest » Sat May 19, 2012 6:58 pm

I use it... version 3.0.

Main uses are:
+ for cleaning up field recordings (i.e. removal of unwanted noise) and live recordings (e.g. audience noise).
+ sample rate conversions, coding MP3 files...
+ destructive effects editing...

I have used it as a multi-track, but I much prefer composing, recording and mixing in Live 8.

I think it's a great piece of software, but I don't feel particularly compelled to upgrade to a newer version.
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

Rabalder

Post by Rabalder » Sat May 19, 2012 7:11 pm

You mean COOL EDIT.., as it was called before adobe bought it :lol:

Remember making my first beat on that piece of software. Aaaaahhh, the memories..

tigali

Post by tigali » Sun May 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Version 3. Use it at the radio station I work at. It's pretty unrivalled for editing audio. It sucks for mixing and arrangement and everything else. But if, for example, you have an interview that you want to edit (take out coughs, noise, shorten down the length) it kills. I haven't used anything that comes close. Multitrack side of things is cumbersome and not very intuitive.

szurcio

Post by szurcio » Sun May 20, 2012 1:50 pm

Is version 3 good for CD burning?

headquest

Post by headquest » Sun May 20, 2012 2:06 pm

It does the job, sure. If you want to fade between tracks etc you need to lay them out in the arrangement and set markers first ... otherwise you just use the CD compilation view and have a good range of settings you can control.

Audition CS 5.5 does not have CD burning at all, but it has been reintroduced - possibly better than ever - in version 6.0, just out.
iMac Retina 4K 3.3Ghz i7, 16Gb RAM
Live Suite 9.7.1 + Reason 9.1 + Pianoteq 5 + Sibelius 8.5

Listen on Soundcloud

simmerdown

Post by simmerdown » Sun May 20, 2012 2:26 pm

cooledit is my editor linked to Live...i also use it to convert to mp3 and i think its noise reduction abilities are great...

never actually arranged or made music in it, but very simple and straitforward for these tasks

JBlongz

Post by JBlongz » Sun May 20, 2012 3:10 pm

I use Adobe Audition (CS6) as a utility for:

Batch converting audio files (does this VERY well). If I have to convert 5,000 wav files to mp3. It does this well for me. I go out for the day and its don[/list]e when I return.

Mastering...it does that well too. I can easily create a template for how I want to master my files and it makes the workflow a breeze.

Analyzing, Experimenting: I use the spectral and stereo imaging views to observe try new techniques while visualizing its effects. You can delete portions of the spectral mapping to see how it affects the audio. Some desired effects can be realized here.
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube