FCB1010 for flexible live control

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
punching_sandwiches

FCB1010 for flexible live control

Post by punching_sandwiches » Sat May 19, 2012 4:03 pm

Hi there, sorry to put another FCB1010 thread but I couldn't find an answer to my question.

I am wondering if this is possible with the FCB1010.

The idea is to have 8 tracks with the same audio source for all.
I want to be able to use 8 of the buttons on the FCB1010 to turn on/off 'arm' for each of them.
I want only one track to be armed at a time though so I guess each button would have to send an 'on' message
to the track it is associated with and an 'off' message to the other 7 tracks.

I have Arm in non-exclusive mode on the set as I need it that way for some midi instruments that will not be controlled with the FCB1010.

Is this possible?

Also is it possible to use the remaining two buttons to change what the expression pedals are controlling?
So if I have it mapped to the feedback on a ping pong delay, but I want to press a button to cycle through mappings to different effects is this possible?

If you need any more info on the particulars of my set I'd be happy to put them forward if it makes my questions easier to answer.

punching_sandwiches

Re: FCB1010 for flexible live control

Post by punching_sandwiches » Sun May 20, 2012 12:08 am

bump

MOSQUITOMAN

Post by MOSQUITOMAN » Sun May 20, 2012 6:15 am

Hi

first of all, do you use a software to program the FCB1010?
it is much more easy to program with a software than programming it on the pedalboard.
I use this one: http://host.mtnsys.com:81/faq-fcb/PCEditorBeta.htm

About the effects part, where you want to control different effects. If you use the up/down to cycle through presets,
then you can control the different effects with the expression pedals. ( preset nr 00= delay, preset nr 01= reverb).

If I was you I would use Bome's Midi Translator for the buttons and on the FCB1010 program as I write below
http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator

On all presets you then program the same control change for all 10 buttons (button 1 preset nr 00= cc 0 value 127 and button 1 preset nr 01= cc 0 value 127) and
(button 2 preset nr 00= cc 1 value 127 and button 2 preset nr 01= cc 1 value 127)

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Sun May 20, 2012 3:24 pm

leave midi arm as exclusive and cmd-click to bypass your pref setting. would that work? this way your FCB just has to sent one message.

Another idea is to handle your midi isntruments by setting the input to "in" and using specific midi channels from your controller.

programming the FCB is a pain, start saving for your softstep! :)
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent

punching_sandwiches

Post by punching_sandwiches » Sun May 20, 2012 8:58 pm

Thanks guys.

The reason I want to keep exclusive off is that I am using a launchpad to navigate part of the set and would like to be able to control multiple instruments at once.

Would it be less or more responsive to use max for live instead of bomes midi translator?
Would it be difficult to program something in max and interfacing with the FCB1010 or is it fairly maxable.

Softstep would be nice, but it has no expression pedals right?

Jekblad

Post by Jekblad » Sun May 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Not sure how launch pad is being used, but could u do a instrument rack with key zones mapped?

Soft step has no exp pedals, but is pressure sensitive and has fake exp pedals built to each pad. I'm on mobile u should watch the video for it, mega cool
2.4 ghz Macbook Pro 8gb RAM, SSD, Live 9 Suite, Puremagnetik, Minimal Talent