Dear Ableton, 64 BIT SUPPORT . NOW . PLEASE!!! PLEASEEE! :*(

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tagor

Re: Dear Ableton, 64 BIT SUPPORT . NOW . PLEASE!!! PLEASEEE! :*(

Post by Tagor » Tue May 22, 2012 2:13 pm

next year!?

JBlongz

Post by JBlongz » Tue May 22, 2012 4:53 pm

Until that epic moment that Live offers 64bit...Vienna Ensemble is an alternative you won't regret.

Look at all the plugins I run here with ~CPU <25%: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsMPcFxyWzk
rMBP Quad 2.8GHz, 16GB, 1TB SSD | UAD Apollo 8
JBlongz YouTube

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Tue May 22, 2012 5:23 pm

Been asking this for two years now. Doesn't look very promising. :/
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Wed May 23, 2012 2:16 am

Use jbridge. Problem solved.

kryz

Post by kryz » Wed May 23, 2012 8:47 am

pencilrocket wrote:Use jbridge. Problem solved.
And if your on a mac, just keep waiting.

Chriszat

Post by Chriszat » Wed May 23, 2012 11:29 am

OMG. You just made my life slightly better.

muthafunka

Post by muthafunka » Wed May 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Linear Phase wrote:
Fanu wrote:I know this is bashing a dead horse
We are now, "bashing dead horses." What, was it not good enough, just to beat them?
I believe it's 'flogging', or was that the 32-bit version?

tintala

Post by tintala » Wed May 23, 2012 7:21 pm

Ahh well, could not resist, coz I need 64bit as bad as anyone else. So humpity bumpity. :roll:

TabSel

Post by TabSel » Wed May 23, 2012 8:00 pm

kryz wrote:
And if your on a mac, just keep waiting.
There's jBridgeM for Mac, too...

JBlongz

Post by JBlongz » Wed May 23, 2012 8:07 pm

Vienna Ensemble for your plugins people. While 64bit will fix some memory issues, you're cpu will still suffer. Here's a clip from my article:
For those who don't know, Vienna Ensemble Pro is a plugin hosting software that works miracles when you want to run lots of CPU intensive plugins without slowing your DAW down. Your DAW is going to be your master sequencer for 95% of users. While its doing that, it should not be distracted with your plugin processing, except maybe for the master track and a some send FX. Vienna works as a light weight plugin in your daw pulling audio from your heavy weight plugins who's CPU processing is now independent. What does this mean?? Read on!

When plugins run side your DAW, they take part in its 'global' CPU limit set in the preferences. This means your plugins run at a fraction of their potential (your wasting all that good Dual/Quad CPU GHz you paid for). BUT if you run them in VE Pro, they burn rubber! TEST: Try running as little as 5 instances of Ominsphere with all 8 midi and audio channels playing different patches on separate tracks simultaneously. This will CRUNCH your DAW (i'm sure of it). Doing the same in VE Pro has NO affect on DAW. Sounds too good to be true? Almost..VE Pro costs €235.
This lets you run 32bit AND 64bit plugins outside your DAW while streaming the audio in! (freeing up Live's memory)
JBlongz YouTube

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed May 23, 2012 8:41 pm

JBlongz wrote:Until that epic moment that Live offers 64bit...Vienna Ensemble is an alternative you won't regret.

Look at all the plugins I run here with ~CPU <25%: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsMPcFxyWzk
i watched that video. nice. 8) i like that beat you got going too!
JBlongz wrote:This lets you run 32bit AND 64bit plugins outside your DAW while streaming the audio in! (freeing up Live's memory)
remember though, you are offering a practical solution that requires effort on the part of the end user. for the most part, they don't want that. they want to click the Run button or the Install button and have everything happen automagically. these are the same people who want it because "they" have it... who ever some other "they" might happen to be, Avid, Steinberg, etc, etc.

in fact, i'd go so far as to say that these are many of the same type of people who get busted at their day job for something lame like taking too many personal calls, and then immediately rat out some co-worker because "they" get to do it - as if management is going to be more understanding if the problem is wide spread. :roll:

good on you for trying though.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Wed May 23, 2012 9:16 pm

JBlongz wrote:Vienna Ensemble for your plugins people. While 64bit will fix some memory issues, you're cpu will still suffer. Here's a clip from my article:
For those who don't know, Vienna Ensemble Pro is a plugin hosting software that works miracles when you want to run lots of CPU intensive plugins without slowing your DAW down. Your DAW is going to be your master sequencer for 95% of users. While its doing that, it should not be distracted with your plugin processing, except maybe for the master track and a some send FX. Vienna works as a light weight plugin in your daw pulling audio from your heavy weight plugins who's CPU processing is now independent. What does this mean?? Read on!

When plugins run side your DAW, they take part in its 'global' CPU limit set in the preferences. This means your plugins run at a fraction of their potential (your wasting all that good Dual/Quad CPU GHz you paid for). BUT if you run them in VE Pro, they burn rubber! TEST: Try running as little as 5 instances of Ominsphere with all 8 midi and audio channels playing different patches on separate tracks simultaneously. This will CRUNCH your DAW (i'm sure of it). Doing the same in VE Pro has NO affect on DAW. Sounds too good to be true? Almost..VE Pro costs €235.
This lets you run 32bit AND 64bit plugins outside your DAW while streaming the audio in! (freeing up Live's memory)
sweet.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

JBlongz

Post by JBlongz » Wed May 23, 2012 9:22 pm

The best part about it is the total recall feature. Simply launch VE Pro before you load your Live session, it opens all the plugins the same way you left it. I've never turned back.
JBlongz YouTube

kryz

Post by kryz » Wed May 23, 2012 10:44 pm

I didn't realize there were any options for mac users. Thanks for sharing.
So does the mac version of jbridge work? And for Live Suite owners it would still be much better to have a 64 bit Live.
Gonna check those two mac options out now. Too bad there's no 235€ on my account waiting to be spent on VE pro.