Hey everyone, this is Daft-e

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
cpyatak

Re: Hey everyone, this is Daft-e

Post by cpyatak » Thu May 31, 2012 2:16 am

Tone Deft wrote:after taking that much coke he's gonna be asleep for a few days.
:lol:

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Thu May 31, 2012 8:05 am

This post has inspired me to dust off all my music gear and start producing again after years of depression!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

o0bigs0o

Post by o0bigs0o » Thu May 31, 2012 8:16 am

Ub373NNN wrote:TLDR...
but i go to be on first to say on you welcome.

What did you just say? I think you forgot to add the word "on" a couple more times in that Great Welcoming Statement

If that's what it was :oops:
Ableton Live Suite 9.01
Windoze 7:Intel Core I7,Gen1-4GB Ram:NI Maschine:NI Komplete 9:Akai Pro APC 40:
Isotonik 8:Novation Launchpad:OktoPad 2
IPad2 64:Touchable:LivKontrol:TouchOSC

o0bigs0o

Post by o0bigs0o » Thu May 31, 2012 8:21 am

daft-e wrote:I gotta officially introduce myself because I surely have been causing some rage after being in second place on the contest for some track most of you will consider shit... I suggest you guys take your time to take a look at my music and throw in your critiques. I (yeah, won't use third person at all) have NOT been brainwashed by the media, rarely ever do I listen to the big four because they're not bad, but it's not the business model that I would like to take, they devaluate music at a hardcore level... Considering the cost of production for both videos and music, they're cheapening off their artistic value by selling their tracks at 0.99c on itunes for instance... And that is called quantity... They sell volume everyone can afford. If I am to make music I will not sell my music as if I had a global distribution like they do, I will be famous cause I' m different, but I will certainly not sell my music at 0.99c.. If anybody, whoever it is can not afford my music that's their problem, not mine. I aim at the higher market, the one that never goes away, the one that won't stop buying music during crisis. The one who's willing to pay 100 bucks for a track or an artwork and brag about his exclusivity. I know this sounds supernuts, but this is how I roll... Nowadays (100% honest) I charge 400 USD along with another friend to play 3-4 hour private gigs at small bars in front of small audiences, max 40 people at least twice a month... If you don't believe it I'll show you some pics as soon as I get them. We don't play any specific genre and it's not about what they know but about what we do. They still pay. It certainly is not about our online marketing but our approach, yeah, I like having amazing numbers to show, such as tracks with an immense number of plays like this one in the contest, but that's a bit of what (whether it's bluff or not) I show when I talk to some rich kid (or an older person), the REAL deal goes into relating to the right people in person... The guy with enough money to have you play for him and brag about it. The other thing about It is being legit... I used to be a gymnast so at anytime during the gig I may pull off some crazy shit like some stunts or if there's some soft music playing and there's toddlers around dancing, start dancing with them, people love it.
I'd give up the small gigs at taverns with toddlers running around and start big with Festivals and Stadium runs :P
Ableton Live Suite 9.01
Windoze 7:Intel Core I7,Gen1-4GB Ram:NI Maschine:NI Komplete 9:Akai Pro APC 40:
Isotonik 8:Novation Launchpad:OktoPad 2
IPad2 64:Touchable:LivKontrol:TouchOSC

yup yup

Post by yup yup » Thu May 31, 2012 9:02 am

What a tit.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Thu May 31, 2012 12:49 pm

kev herb wrote:
daft-e wrote:I gotta officially introduce myself because I surely have been causing some rage after being in second place on the contest for some track most of you will consider shit... I suggest you guys take your time to take a look at my music and throw in your critiques. I (yeah, won't use third person at all) have NOT been brainwashed by the media, rarely ever do I listen to the big four because they're not bad, but it's not the business model that I would like to take, they devaluate music at a hardcore level... Considering the cost of production for both videos and music, they're cheapening off their artistic value by selling their tracks at 0.99c on itunes for instance... And that is called quantity... They sell volume everyone can afford. If I am to make music I will not sell my music as if I had a global distribution like they do, I will be famous cause I' m different, but I will certainly not sell my music at 0.99c.. If anybody, whoever it is can not afford my music that's their problem, not mine. I aim at the higher market, the one that never goes away, the one that won't stop buying music during crisis. The one who's willing to pay 100 bucks for a track or an artwork and brag about his exclusivity. I know this sounds supernuts, but this is how I roll... Nowadays (100% honest) I charge 400 USD along with another friend to play 3-4 hour private gigs at small bars in front of small audiences, max 40 people at least twice a month... If you don't believe it I'll show you some pics as soon as I get them. We don't play any specific genre and it's not about what they know but about what we do. They still pay. It certainly is not about our online marketing but our approach, yeah, I like having amazing numbers to show, such as tracks with an immense number of plays like this one in the contest, but that's a bit of what (whether it's bluff or not) I show when I talk to some rich kid (or an older person), the REAL deal goes into relating to the right people in person... The guy with enough money to have you play for him and brag about it. The other thing about It is being legit... I used to be a gymnast so at anytime during the gig I may pull off some crazy shit like some stunts or if there's some soft music playing and there's toddlers around dancing, start dancing with them, people love it.

Check out my music http://www.soundcloud.com/dafte
a truly inspiring story wow!
so when you're not doing back flips behind the decks or dancing with toddlers what other crazy shit do you do?

pressing play.

needaname

Post by needaname » Thu May 31, 2012 1:08 pm

The only thing that bothers me about this stuff is I can't see who's actually in 2nd/3rd position.
Like.. Someone who deserves it?

UltimateOutsider

Post by UltimateOutsider » Thu May 31, 2012 3:33 pm

friend_kami wrote:
kev herb wrote:so when you're not doing back flips behind the decks or dancing with toddlers what other crazy shit do you do?
pressing play.
Voting is now closed. friend_kami wins the thread.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu May 31, 2012 3:34 pm

friend_kami wrote:
kev herb wrote:

Check out my music http://www.soundcloud.com/dafte
a truly inspiring story wow!
so when you're not doing back flips behind the decks or dancing with toddlers what other crazy shit do you do?

pressing play.
:lol: :lol:

charge the spare iPod.

pencilrocket

Post by pencilrocket » Thu May 31, 2012 3:50 pm

Nobody knows whether this Daft-e is actually that Daft-e.

kev herb

Post by kev herb » Thu May 31, 2012 4:08 pm

pencilrocket wrote:Nobody knows whether this Daft-e is actually that Daft-e.
oh id say its definitely not him but im just rolling with the banter here. :mrgreen:
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia- Fear of long words

UltimateOutsider

Post by UltimateOutsider » Thu May 31, 2012 5:26 pm

pencilrocket wrote:Nobody knows whether this Daft-e is actually that Daft-e.
I'm pretty convinced it's the real guy (see his only other post here).

The original post in this thread is so bizarre, though, that I have trouble believing it's sincere.

This is just one of those cases where whatever the truth is, the only possible response is WTF.