OT:Hold all Muslims responsible; London, Bali, Madrid, 911?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Take responsibility for rogue members?

Muslims in general should rise up and cure their society
43%
Muslims have no responsibilty to manage the tiny minority of crazy muslims
57%

Total votes: 70

anonymouse

OT:Hold all Muslims responsible; London, Bali, Madrid, 911?

Post by anonymouse » Sat Jul 09, 2005 3:44 am

This is not meant to be an inflammatory post.

All intelligent people know that only a tiny percent of muslim society have that hatred in their hearts that allows Bali, London, Madrid and WTC to happen.

But is it a good idea to just hold all muslims responsible and expect muslim society to take responsibility for the trouble-makers that also call themselves muslim?

Or does muslim society have zero responsibility to control their craziest members?

Livewire

Post by Livewire » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:10 am

subjects like this really get me pissed but ill tell you what i think.

lets say a group of jews bomb a building. that doesnt mean all jews are terrorists; just that group.

i dont like people who stereotype.

there are extremist people in all religions and cultures and most of the time no one has control over these people. and most of the time the "normal" people in the same religion or culture dislike these extremist people. not only because of their actions, but because they give that certain religion or culture a bad reputation.

so not all muslims are terrorist. go get an english copy of the quran lol then youll see

peace.
Last edited by Livewire on Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

anonymouse

Post by anonymouse » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:24 am

Livewire, I agree with what you say ... but that is not the question I asked.

I am asking should the majority of a particular creed try to manage maverick elements within their congregation, or is it not their problem?

If crazy christians where on a rampage of murder around the US or UK, would other less extreme Christians assist the authorities?

thx1138

Post by thx1138 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:32 am

Livewire wrote:subjects like this really get me pissed but ill tell you what i think.

lets say a group of jews bomb a building. that doesnt mean all jews are terrorists; just that group.

i dont like people who stereotype.

there are extremist people in all religions and cultures and most of the time no one has control over these people. and most of the time the "normal" people in the same religion or culture dislike these extremist people. not only because of their actions, but because they give that certain religion or culture a bad reputation.

so not all muslims are terrorist. go get an english copy of the quran lol then youll see

peace.

Word
Macbook Pro C2D2.5 17"/4G/OSX.5.6/Live8.12/Brain/Bla bla bla bla

Livewire

Post by Livewire » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:44 am

yea i think they have the responsibility of protecting their own reputation as a peaceful religion. using force isnt going to help though cuz then a civil war starts, and that just makes things worse. the best way to keep that peaceful reputaion is to be, well, peaceful. the good muslims need to speak up and say what they think. like have a big program on cnn or something.

but im not sure what you mean by assisting the authorities. do you mean giving them tips like "i know of a group of terrorists planning to bomb the statue of liberty" or stuff liek that. well that wont work cuz most of the time no one else within the community knows about such attacks.

its hard for me to explain but i hope you understand. theres almost nothing that the good people can do, unless they use force, but thatll just make things worse.

incinereight

Post by incinereight » Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:45 am

Not to start shit but I have heard it this way...

Not all arabs are 9/11 terrorists

But all the 9/11 terrorists were arabs.

That said, ... if the group under the microscope was half drunk white guys of Irish background .. I wouldn't be upset if I was pulled aside... that's how it works. Profiling works for a reason .... You find me in a bar after 3 am ... I'm pretty sure you can "profile" me as drunk .. duh . it works.

just my $.02

Ted 3000

Post by Ted 3000 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:12 am

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:31 am

edit: politics plus music=
Last edited by LOFA on Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

LOFA

Post by LOFA » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:43 am

edit: sinead oconner
Last edited by LOFA on Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

::mic-minimal::

Post by ::mic-minimal:: » Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:45 am

get this fuckin thread off of this forum right now.
I don't give a fuck what you think, there is nothing constructive or meaningful to be gleaned from this bullshit, and this is not a personal attack on anyone but this shit has got to go.

do you hear me ableton?....... :x
for the love of Live

D K

Post by D K » Sat Jul 09, 2005 8:51 am

+1
trying so hard to keep out of it, but anonymouse, you small-minded asshole,
why don't you become a polititian?
fuck off

Post by » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:03 am

Spreading hate means support of the plans of terrorists.

Overcome aggression - overcome dumbness

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sat Jul 09, 2005 9:22 am

911 was an inevitable consequence of our manifest destiny in the middle east.

Iraq will bring more problems. If you are asking questions like the one you asked, you sincerely do not understand the situation, and you can easily be manipulated into thinking such outlandish things as "Iraq wasn't about the oil", or "We are bringing freedom to them thar peoples!". It's all about good old fashioned colonialism, except this time we side step the race issue of "white man's burden to civilize these animals." with the new improved "western man's burden to civilize these animals".

Same bullshit holds true, we coddle one fascist dictator, and crush down another with no care whether this makes us look like complete hypocrites to the conquered and bruised. Here in the west, the loss of a couple thousand people is held up as proof that the enemy is savage and brutal, never mind that we have bombed their cities, and overthrown their elected leaders, never mind that we have done this for as long as oil has been big business, it's not about money.

Anyway yeah anonymous, you're a puppet, your strings are being pulled.

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:05 am

D K wrote:+1
trying so hard to keep out of it, but anonymouse, you small-minded asshole,
why don't you become a polititian?
fuck off
Thats a bit below the belt. The guy is simply saying do you think muslims should deal with the problems within their society, i fail to see why this makes him a small minded asshole. Whichever way you look at it, the problem on both sides is a lack of communication .

mike holiday

Post by mike holiday » Sat Jul 09, 2005 11:08 am

anonymouse wrote:Livewire, I agree with what you say ... but that is not the question I asked.

I am asking should the majority of a particular creed try to manage maverick elements within their congregation, or is it not their problem?

If crazy christians where on a rampage of murder around the US or UK, would other less extreme Christians assist the authorities?
shit the christians are fucking up lives in the mideast right now and no one bats an eye at them...in fact they are on a crazy rampage and no one notices (well actually it pisses alot of people off but the meda and masses look the other way)

remember that circle jerks song "killing for jesus"

"I'm never board when i'm a killing for the lord"
dual 1.8 G4 10.4.9 w/768 ram & A&H xone 3D

"I ain't often right but I've never been wrong"