Abe waiting on Bitwig?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
donmich

Abe waiting on Bitwig?

Post by donmich » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:32 pm

I read somewhere on here on some thread or another, someone claiming that someone on the ableton staff said - on here- that they are waiting for Bitwig to launch before they anounce anything. Or something along those lines.
Can anyone confirm this?

littlepig

Re: Abe waiting on Bitwig?

Post by littlepig » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:13 am

Bitwig - they've had the same web site up for 2 years...

no sign of a product

Komodovaran

Post by Komodovaran » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:49 am

Any future iterations of DAW software appear to be vaporware.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:06 am

donmich wrote:I read somewhere on here on some thread or another, someone claiming that someone on the ableton staff said
That's a lot of rumour in there, don't you think ?

Linear Phase

Post by Linear Phase » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:52 am

The boyfriend of my sisters friend, has a little brother who's 1st grade teacher, said her husband's bosses wife's third cousin, thought Dom went to bitwig because he stank up the bathroom at Ableton's HQ.
Linear Phase has left the building..

flowdesigner

Post by flowdesigner » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:20 am

donmich wrote:I read somewhere on here on some thread or another, someone claiming that someone on the ableton staff said - on here- that they are waiting for Bitwig to launch before they anounce anything. Or something along those lines.
Can anyone confirm this?
i think so

d-track

Post by d-track » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:29 am

donmich wrote:I read somewhere on here on some thread or another, someone claiming that someone on the ableton staff said - on here- that they are waiting for Bitwig to launch before they anounce anything. Or something along those lines.
Can anyone confirm this?
yes i can confirm this.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:44 pm

Can anyone confirm this?

Well, my grandfather's wife's son's sister's nephew works for Ableton and he says that Ableton and Bitwig are separate companies and that Ableton wouldn't be basing its timeline on another company's releases.

Rationalizer

Post by Rationalizer » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:06 pm

Ableton_David wrote:
Can anyone confirm this?

Well, my grandfather's wife's son's sister's nephew works for Ableton and he says that Ableton and Bitwig are separate companies and that Ableton wouldn't be basing its timeline on another company's releases.
:D There you go donmich.
WIN8.1 x64 | Suite 9.5 x64 | RME FF400 | UAD-2 | Maschine 2 | SparkLE | Mopho | Blodeld | Komplete 9 | Ebony A2 | Adam A7 | Launchpad | Waves Diamond V9 | Many VSTs

Facebook | Youtube | Soundcloud | Beatport

Sibanger

Post by Sibanger » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:16 pm

I'm waiting for Ableton & Bitwig to have sex & make babies.

Pretty sure that will happen before the release of Live 9............

donmich

Post by donmich » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:34 pm

stuartm wrote:
donmich wrote:I read somewhere on here on some thread or another, someone claiming that someone on the ableton staff said
That's a lot of rumour in there, don't you think ?

Thats why I worded it the way I did. It's implied already in the post.

However the operative factor in my question is this:

donmich wrote:someone on the ableton staff said - on here- ....
Last edited by donmich on Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

donmich

Post by donmich » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Now that the easy shots are out of the way, I was sort of hoping to tease out the person who made the claim or someone else who actually knew.

Thanks anyway.

The first response is the one closest to my impression, should this in fact be the case.

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:44 pm

donmich wrote:Now that the easy shots are out of the way, I was sort of hoping to tease out the person who made the claim or someone else who actually knew.

Thanks anyway.

The first response is the one closest to my impression, should this in fact be the case.
You realise that Ableton David is the company representative here though, right?
And that what he is obliquely / jokingly saying is "nah"

donmich

Post by donmich » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Angstrom wrote:
donmich wrote:Now that the easy shots are out of the way, I was sort of hoping to tease out the person who made the claim or someone else who actually knew.

Thanks anyway.

You realise that Ableton David is the company representative here though, right?
And that what he is obliquely / jokingly saying is "nah"
Didnt realize. Or at least didnt notice it was him. Just lumped it in with the rest of the sarcasm. But read more closely, his response, is what I wanted to hear.

Being separate companies, is a bit beside the point though (in terms of a refutation of the rumour). Close competitors do this sort of thing often, when possible, which is always a sign of weakness (or limited budget). Being on separate timelines, without needing to watch what the other does, on the other hand, is more on point. And reassuring.
Last edited by donmich on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

donmich

Post by donmich » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:00 pm

That said, Whats interesting though is that Ableton_David's comment is the first sort of official denial of any collusion between the two companies I personally have seen. Which is great!

In which case I wouldnt touch bitwig. Their concept, being as seemingly identical in every possible way, is either a nasty or vengeful or stupid business decision (or all 3).