Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
H20nly

Re: Ableton! Will Live 9 be released before year 2015?

Post by H20nly » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:47 pm

^ yeah, the fail is strong with that post.

proofreading is always a good step when you're trying to provide an argument in favor of your [alleged] superior literary technique.

remember, a pedigree is only one mutt nut away from useless.

oddstep

Post by oddstep » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:20 pm

I think, perhaps hope, that self effacing English irony might be involved in the last attack on our American cousins. God save the Queen!

ShredGnar

Post by ShredGnar » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:19 am

H20nly wrote:oh and here's another one for Your Geniusness:

there is no Live 9 beta yet...

if ShredGnar had been leaving an educated comment he would have wrote:they could conceivably drop 9 on us at any time after the initial beta testing with the users has been announced and the first round or two of bugs have been worked out in the initial months of testing. Use your skull.
now, STFU and download Audacity, cuz thats what it takes to keep pretending you're clever.

What makes you think that you are so fucking cool that you will even be notified of the Beta test? You think that they don't already have select producers using early versions of Live 9 ? It's been how many years since Live 8 launched? Get your head out of your ass.

andydes

Post by andydes » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:29 pm

ShredGnar wrote: What makes you think that you are so fucking cool that you will even be notified of the Beta test? You think that they don't already have select producers using early versions of Live 9 ? It's been how many years since Live 8 launched? Get your head out of your ass.
It's true, in previous versions, the beta has been announced and open to every registered user, except H2Only. Because Ableton don't think he's cool enough.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:36 pm

Christian Witt wrote:release date 21. December 2012!

Oh crap! How did this leak? Oh man, heads are gonna roll for this one.

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:45 pm

H20nly wrote:^ yeah, the fail is strong with that post.

proofreading is always a good step when you're trying to provide an argument in favor of your [alleged] superior literary technique.

hey smartass, did i say that i am from britain?
nope, because i'm from sweden.
i said that brits have better english than americans.

yeah, proofreading indeed, asshole.

Ableton_David

Post by Ableton_David » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:19 pm

friend_kami wrote:
H20nly wrote:^ yeah, the fail is strong with that post.

hey smartass, did i say that i am from britain?
nope, because i'm from sweden.
i said that brits have better english than americans.

yeah, proofreading indeed, asshole.
People, people - increase the peace. Chill everyone.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:41 pm

oh don't worry about kami David... he's just all butt hurt because no one needs 64 bit more than him. he doesn't even use Ableton software anymore.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:42 pm

andydes wrote:
ShredGnar wrote: What makes you think that you are so fucking cool that you will even be notified of the Beta test? You think that they don't already have select producers using early versions of Live 9 ? It's been how many years since Live 8 launched? Get your head out of your ass.
It's true, in previous versions, the beta has been announced and open to every registered user, except H2Only. Because Ableton don't think he's cool enough.
yep. they know i'm a private person and it's a public beta.

ttilberg

Post by ttilberg » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:18 pm

This thread just got way more epic with Ableton_David clearly confirming that Apple has bought Ableton, and that they support corporal punishment of their employees-- :)

or perhaps, and more likely... ABLETON BOUGHT APPLE?

Tim Tilberg - Duluth, MN | SoundCloud - Arsenal
2011 13" MBP w/8GB ram | Live 9 Suite, Reason 6.5, FXPansion DCAM/Etch/Maul, Izotope Ozone 5

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:14 pm

H20nly wrote:oh don't worry about kami David... he's just all butt hurt because no one needs 64 bit more than him. he doesn't even use Ableton software anymore.
Well from my perspective you seem to spend all your time trolling people who want 64 bit and Live 9 threads?
Not sure how useful that is for keeping the peace?

I guess the question is this? What is more annoying useless or un-constructive? ;
Rampent Live 9 threads that peter off eventually, or Live 9 threads on page 1 with flame wars going in them between the butthurt fanboys and the whiny feature/schedule request crowd?

Now don't get all upset because I made fun of you, I'm the pathetic slob who keeps finding myself reading these threads. :oops:

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:38 pm

:lol:

you have users threatening Ableton with "leaving", "switching" etc. etc. because they expect a 64 bit version of a 32 bit app they purchased. my stance is always... wait, it's coming... posturing and threatening will not change that. nor will it change my stance.

so the definition of fanboy is someone who knows he got what he paid for and doesn't gripe about the lack of text on a forum regarding when Ableton will release their next rev?

okay then, i could change my stance, just for you MW. moving forward should i lead the charge in idle threats to Ableton to provide what "other DAWs" have vs. what i paid for?

friend_kami

Post by friend_kami » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:53 pm

H20nly wrote::lol:

you have users threatening Ableton with "leaving", "switching" etc. etc. because they expect a 64 bit version of a 32 bit app they purchased. my stance is always... wait, it's coming... posturing and threatening will not change that. nor will it change my stance.

so the definition of fanboy is someone who knows he got what he paid for and doesn't gripe about the lack of text on a forum regarding when Ableton will release their next rev?

okay then, i could change my stance, just for you MW. moving forward should i lead the charge in idle threats to Ableton to provide what "other DAWs" have vs. what i paid for?
funny you should talk about that. what you paid for.
share was still the major selling point for me and it was announced as one of the biggest flagship features along with a working looper.

nope, still haven't got what i paid for.
i'm not expecting to get a free 64bit release, and i am aware that i didn't pay for a 32bit release either. i want a 64bit release however, for natural reasons (which you seem to have an incredibly hard time understanding, because it seems that your opinion of the world is that if you don't have the need for it, nobody does, which is a very selfish and naive opinion of the world and how it works, imo, but yes. i am expecting to have be delivered what i pai for, so i am still waiting for share and a looper that doesn't launch random cleared looper snippets from a buffer that should be cleared.

no offense here h2, but you are the troll here. you never contribute anything constructive to a debate and you have the opinion that people begging for features are idiotsic ungrateful twats it seems like.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:55 pm

all bullshit aside, you two are both pretty cool guys. let's get a Friday vibe going and lighten up.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz