setting up Trigger Finger Newbie question....

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
boderekstits

setting up Trigger Finger Newbie question....

Post by boderekstits » Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:27 pm

hey all,
just picked a Trigger Finger to use with Drum Racks. I'm still an ableton newbie, and very much a MIDI newbie.

what i'm trying to do is simple (i think):

I want to map everything that I want in Drum Racks to the Trigger Finger. I want to save those mappings to use them again with each session (for producing/writing sessions....not DJ'ing). How do I do that? Every time I open a Drum Rack I'd live to have the same mappings available.

Any help is much appreciated.

Wbowers

Re: setting up Trigger Finger Newbie question....

Post by Wbowers » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:54 pm

You can go to the midi tab in preference and select the TF from the drop down menu. that should automatically map everything while you are using the 1 preset. If that doesn't work you may have to factory reset your TF. Do you have the engima software from the maudio site? it the gui programmer for the TF.

boderekstits

Post by boderekstits » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:08 am

it only maps the macros and the pads on the drum rack. i want to map the sliders, then save those mappings so that they are there every time I open a new drum rack.

antarktika

Post by antarktika » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:08 am

Why not use a template, and just midi map everything the way you want it? that's what I did, don't even have the TF set up as a control surface in preferences, it's all just hard-mapped to a drum rack that is sitting there ready to go whenever I open a new set.

Preferences < File/Folder < "Save current set as default"

it's not exactly what you're asking for, but every time you open a new song you'll have a drum rack that is set up the way you want.

Wbowers

Post by Wbowers » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:20 am

boderekstits wrote:it only maps the macros and the pads on the drum rack. i want to map the sliders, then save those mappings so that they are there every time I open a new drum rack.

Indeed, this is what I do. Get to where I was telling you to go. once you have that working, close ableton open Enigma and copy The Number one preset to the other preset slots. Now go and change all the faders to whatever you want.save and send to the TF Now when you open ableton you get the best of both. Macros that follow, drum pads that follow and faders that are ready to map

I made mine that jumps between drums and keys and changes the faders. now you can map a bunch of stuff in your default preset and switch between them on the TF. Works great. If your having problems with enigma PM me and I try to walk you through it.