More included soft synths / instruments.

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
AlexJoKeys

More included soft synths / instruments.

Post by AlexJoKeys » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:40 pm

Like e.g. in logic. 'out of the box' you can say drag a video in and compose for the video with included orchestra sounds, and LOADS of sounds. - In ableton, there is hardily any 'nice' ones.

Im not really getting at 'free loads of software instruments' - But just a free libary that would be good enough to compose a rough soundtrack to motion picture, then replace parts with live instruments or other 'paid' plugins...

doghouse

Re: More included soft synths / instruments.

Post by doghouse » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:51 pm

The Live instruments are fine.

The Logic instruments come with much better factory presets, though.

So start programming or buy third party Live packs.

Tip: EXS24 patches can be loaded into Sampler.

ott_face

Re: More included soft synths / instruments.

Post by ott_face » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:11 am

As an owner of Live 8 Suite, I'll admit I continue to be a little bit surprised here and there about some fairly ordinary compositional sounds that just seem to be missing from the various included libraries, and I'm also often frustrated by the over representation of experimental sounds that don't tend to be particularly useful. But the reality is that Ableton is a particular product (with a different philosophy and target audience to Logic) with a particular price that represents its developmental costs, and I'd much rather Ableton continue to build on their strengths and leave sample libraries to third party developers. I love Ableton Live for what it is, and am more then happy to look elsewhere for sounds.