Sending a Click Track Out for Performances

Share your favorite Ableton Live tips, tricks, and techniques.
Digable Dialogue

Sending a Click Track Out for Performances

Post by Digable Dialogue » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:53 pm

When performing live for stage, we perform with a drummer. I send him a monitoring headphone mix out from the AKAI EIE interface headphone output while using the main outs (outputs 1 & 2 out of 4 total) for the main Front of House mix.

My question is how would I send him a click track that would change it's BPM as I perform BPM shifts song by song? I would need the click track to not be heard through the main FOH mix.

I believe if I got a click on an actual track that could follower the master BPM, I could send it out of my unused output 3 & 4 so it would not be heard by the audience.
Human Agency - humanagency.bandcamp.com

invol

Re: Sending a Click Track Out for Performances

Post by invol » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:33 am

You can use Scenes to do tempo changes, just right click on them and you'll see the option. In the I/O on the Master, set the CUE out to 3-4, then the metronome will not go through the Master out. Or, use clips as a click and set the output to 3-4.

DSPI

Post by DSPI » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:38 am

...or you could try ClyphX, where you can use the clip to change tempo (or anything you like) instead of scenes.

invol

Post by invol » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:27 am

DSPI wrote:...or you could try ClyphX, where you can use the clip to change tempo (or anything you like) instead of scenes.
Looks very cool. I am going to check that out myself. Thx!

Digable Dialogue

Post by Digable Dialogue » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:01 pm

invol wrote:You can use Scenes to do tempo changes, just right click on them and you'll see the option. In the I/O on the Master, set the CUE out to 3-4, then the metronome will not go through the Master out. Or, use clips as a click and set the output to 3-4.
Love the idea of just using another column of clips and launch them with my scens. I'm assuming I just create a four bar loop clip with a click sound I put on it?

Also, how do I initiate the click track on that Master CUE? Will a click automatically sound or is there any other set up I need to do to that CUE in the Master I/O?

Thanks
Human Agency - humanagency.bandcamp.com