what's the name of this sound ?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Hameem
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:43 pm

what's the name of this sound ?

Post by Hameem » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:11 pm

I want to know the name of the rhythm sound that you can hear in a song called (Must be the feeling-kill the noise remix) you can hear at the beginning clearly . .
Thanks

cotdagoo
Posts: 1035
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:34 pm
Location: canuhduh

Re: what's the name of this sound ?

Post by cotdagoo » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:37 pm

The piano?

beatmunga
Posts: 728
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: what's the name of this sound ?

Post by beatmunga » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:14 pm

Is it the sound of one hand clapping?
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

doubleUG
Posts: 134
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:19 am

Re: what's the name of this sound ?

Post by doubleUG » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:29 pm

It´s a Sample from John Cage "4:33"

beatmunga
Posts: 728
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: what's the name of this sound ?

Post by beatmunga » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:34 pm

doubleUG wrote:It´s a Sample from John Cage "4:33"
Only Ableton allows you to warp the complex timing of the original into a killer dance track.
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

Rinsemeister
Posts: 839
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Up in the Mountains NW of Alicante, Spain

Re: what's the name of this sound ?

Post by Rinsemeister » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:50 pm

Finding the transients is a right PITA though... :mrgreen:
Yeah but, No but......

http://soundcloud.com/mr-zed


ZED'S DEAD BABY.

Image

Hameem
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: what's the name of this sound ?

Post by Hameem » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Its the sound after the piano . . When she began to sing you can hear it clearly in the background "dan dan dan dan" its like a rhythm . .

beatmunga
Posts: 728
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:20 pm

Re: what's the name of this sound ?

Post by beatmunga » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:22 pm

Hameem wrote:Its the sound after the piano . . When she began to sing you can hear it clearly in the background "dan dan dan dan" its like a rhythm . .
I've been kind enough to find a link for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2D3-FkoXNU
mendeldrive wrote:NOBODY designs their own sounds... There is ZERO point in reinventing the wheel.

Hameem
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: what's the name of this sound ?

Post by Hameem » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:38 pm

beatmunga wrote:
Hameem wrote:Its the sound after the piano . . When she began to sing you can hear it clearly in the background "dan dan dan dan" its like a rhythm . .
I've been kind enough to find a link for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2D3-FkoXNU
Will its not funny . . Please if you can help by naming the sound it will be ok

oddstep
Posts: 1732
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:47 pm
Location: Plymouth the great

Re: what's the name of this sound ?

Post by oddstep » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:55 pm

this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_pItui-jIo

the dan dan dan is one of those stacked detuned saw wave patches that trancers rely on to convey emotion. probably a minor chord playing an 1/8 pulse with a delay on it.

Hameem
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Re: what's the name of this sound ?

Post by Hameem » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:29 pm

oddstep wrote:this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_pItui-jIo

the dan dan dan is one of those stacked detuned saw wave patches that trancers rely on to convey emotion. probably a minor chord playing an 1/8 pulse with a delay on it.
I guess looking for help in this fourm was a mistake . .

Z3NO
Posts: 246
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:12 am
Location: 404 Not Found

Re: what's the name of this sound ?

Post by Z3NO » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:47 pm

Hameem wrote:
oddstep wrote:this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_pItui-jIo

the dan dan dan is one of those stacked detuned saw wave patches that trancers rely on to convey emotion. probably a minor chord playing an 1/8 pulse with a delay on it.
I guess looking for help in this fourm was a mistake . .
Yes, you should probably have asked your teacher in the kindergarden first.

oddstep
Posts: 1732
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:47 pm
Location: Plymouth the great

Re: what's the name of this sound ?

Post by oddstep » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:49 pm

it is though, that was help. i don't have to like it as well.

agent314
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:07 am

Re: what's the name of this sound ?

Post by agent314 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:55 pm

It's a saw/supersaw with short attack and the filter rolled back

Rinsemeister
Posts: 839
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:08 am
Location: Up in the Mountains NW of Alicante, Spain

Re: what's the name of this sound ?

Post by Rinsemeister » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:04 pm

"I guess looking for help in this forum was a mistake"

Of course it was. Bye. :roll:
Yeah but, No but......

http://soundcloud.com/mr-zed


ZED'S DEAD BABY.

Image

Post Reply